Mini 3 pro signal suddenly dropped
1353 8 2022-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29206 ft
Canada

I was flying my mini 3 pro 3 meters away from me and at a height at around 50 meters. The video transmission suddenly dropped but I still had control of the aircraft.  Then when I lowered the drone, the control was gone also(screen showing strong interference), it safely auto RTHed. I flied in the same spot for a while and could not replicate the situation. Is this something worth concerning ?
2022-11-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It could have been just a glitch, if you have tested and everything is ok I would say you’re fine.
2022-11-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, at only 3m away it woudnt have initiated RTH, do you mean 300m? If so then please see this post
2022-11-13
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

Bashy Posted at 11-13 17:53
Hi, at only 3m away it woudnt have initiated RTH, do you mean 300m? If so then please see this post

it was 3m away from me and it was at 50 meters of height. the signal was full bar and the video footage was normal, then the visual transmission suddenly just went black. i had flown it much farther and higher than this before and it had no problems. this time it was weird.
2022-11-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HI,

3 meters away from you at 50 meters height = need to hold the RC almost vertical.
Loosing connection at 3 meters from HP will autoland a drone, so not really a RTH.

If you want upload your flightlog for this issue.
Use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here.

cheers
JJB
2022-11-14
Use props
fansebfd0e0b
lvl.3
Canada

JJB* Posted at 11-14 01:09
HI,

3 meters away from you at 50 meters height = need to hold the RC almost vertical.

Yes it did auto land. It didn't go up to rth hight, instead, it just landed
2022-11-14
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810594 ft
United States

With all the congestion on the radio bands today, I think there is a lot more interference with drone navigation/video transmission in general than we recognize. If you couldn’t duplicate the conditions, it’s anybody’s guess. I’m glad you were able to RTH without incident and live to fly another day.  These Mini 3’s are great!
2022-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, fansebfd0e0b. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. To further assess this concern, may we ask what remote controller are you using? Were you recording when it happened? If yes, is there a problem or cut with that video? We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansebfd0e0b Posted at 11-13 21:10
it was 3m away from me and it was at 50 meters of height. the signal was full bar and the video footage was normal, then the visual transmission suddenly just went black. i had flown it much farther and higher than this before and it had no problems. this time it was weird.

Thanks, as stated already, if you're under the drone it can lose connection unless the RC is pointed upwards at the drone, to be fair, that would be an uncomfortable viewing angle so this is highly likely what happened.

The Mini 3 Pro is less forgiving in this regard too as it really prefers a good direct LOS to the RC, i.e. it needs to be pretty much spot on when at a distance thats not local, the antennas are very much directional. What i mean there is to save confusion, i mean the top of the RC where the antennas are needs to be aligned to the drone so you can imagine what its like when the drone is directly above you (3m is pretty much the same), for a comfortable viewing angle, you would be pointing the RC at what, about 45 degrees? thats pointing away from the drone. Other DJI drones are more forgiving in this respect and this is why many think that there is a range issue, especially when coming from a previous model, ok, I'm rambling now. It should be easy to replicate if this is the issue, go back to that spot, fly at the same distance and the same height, and in turn point to 4 points on the compass leaving about 5 seconds between each turn but holding the RC in your relaxed comfortable viewing position, i.e. not pointing at the drone at all. Hope this helps
2022-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules