Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hello!
The drone refused to land on the stick. In the end, after a long wait, he was able to land (when I was filming the video). I took off and landed on this balcony many times. As far as I understand, the lower sensors do not allow landing only during automatic landing.
DJI, I consider this behavior of the drone to be extremely dangerous - you do not control the behavior of a dangerous object.
Please explain what happened.
https://app.airdata.com/share/wrVcxW

2022-11-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think it may have been the front sensors causing the issue
2022-11-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What's the red/orange message in the bottom centre of the screen?
2022-11-17
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Turkey

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-17 08:02
What's the red/orange message in the bottom centre of the screen?

Radar map. To the ground 1.1m
2022-11-17
Use props
Perl_taasinge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32828 ft
Denmark

Hi Dryvise

You also cannot land on the glass roof of a car. It has difficulty judging the distance. Put a small rug on the terrace and the problem is solved.
2022-11-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Interesting issue!

The only reason for not going down is that the drone sees an unsafe landing area.
But this is normally shown in the app with a prompt on the screen.
Acknowledge and accept the prompt will make the drone respond to down stick input.

But no prompt on your screen!
Front sensor seeing an obstacle does not stop the descend.

Mayby the yaw and a little up stick did the trick finally, to make it land.

Waiting for DJI to answer this.

2022-11-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perl_taasinge Posted at 11-17 08:47
Hi Dryvise You also cannot land on the glass roof of a car. It has difficulty judging the distance. Put a small rug on the terrace and the problem is solved.

When looking through a car's glass roof I imagine the drone sees a complicated landing area full of bumps and lumps and differing heights and regards it as unsafe, try the rug on the roof.
2022-11-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Perl_taasinge Posted at 11-17 08:47
Hi Dryvise

You also cannot land on the glass roof of a car. It has difficulty judging the distance. Put a small rug on the terrace and the problem is solved.

Henrick Olsen lands on his glass roof quite often with a variety of drones, including the Mini 3. With zero problems.
2022-11-17
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Turkey

JJB* Posted at 11-17 08:48
Hi,

Interesting issue!

If I understand correctly, then the definition of a safe landing occurs only in cases of automatic landing. Does the drone give a warning if you land it manually?
2022-11-17
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Turkey

That's right, when trying to land through the stick, the drone should always land. An unsuitable surface message appears but does not cancel the landing of the drone.
I was able to reproduce the problem. The drone does not land or report anything in C and N modes. In S mode, it lands fine but reports surface issues.
Aircraft behavior in N and C modes is abnormal. There must be a message. Even me, a person with experience, such behavior came as a surprise.
2022-11-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Turn OA off.
2022-11-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dryvise Posted at 11-17 09:27
If I understand correctly, then the definition of a safe landing occurs only in cases of automatic landing. Does the drone give a warning if you land it manually?

yes, only an autolanding will check for unsafe area.
Manually if will land always.....

But your log shown Normal mode with APAS ON, so it should land (wich it did not...uh?)
Bottom sensor did measure height, so the surface below good enough to measure height, don`t think adding a carpet will help in this case.

Your drone stopped at 1 meter, where the normal height to bring it down where it normally stops is 0.5 meter.

So why (see my chart of your data) at the end at 100% down stick, first no reaction, than lowered its height to 0.5 so the confirmed landing was initiated?

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2022-11-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JJB* Posted at 11-17 10:39

I've never used autoland, but I've seen this happen and had to move the drone to another place to be able to land it.
2022-11-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

I almost always manually land and get this warning all the time with Air 2S. I just move it a little and land.
2022-11-17
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Turkey

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-17 13:03
I almost always manually land and get this warning all the time with Air 2S. I just move it a little and land.

As you can see, in sport mode, the message is displayed, but does not prevent landing. Let's say we figured out the notification.
The question is why the drone is hovering when entering the command to land in modes C and N. The drone does not report anything, but simply does not descend. This behavior may be unsafe for users.
I would like to hear an explanation from DJI.
2022-11-17
Use props
Perl_taasinge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32828 ft
Denmark

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-17 09:25
Henrick Olsen lands on his glass roof quite often with a variety of drones, including the Mini 3. With zero problems.

During Henrik's last video from Fredensborg, it refuses to land on the roof (7:30). He was very surprised but had to land next to the car.

2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Dryvise. Thank you for reaching out and apologies for the inconvenience caused. We understand that such behavior of the drone is unsafe. To further confirm this, we'd like to collect some necessary data and forward it to our engineers. To maintain account protection, we sent you a PM. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-18
Use props
djiuser_H5nDLCJJ7kAC
lvl.2

United States

So what is the resolution to this problem? New user here I have had this problem several times so far.
2023-8-2
Use props
RobConley
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem with a new Mavic Zoom 2. Has anyone come up with a solution to land to drone manually. This scenario  seems to happen randomly to me and has nothing to do with the landing surface, I use the concrete driveway.. Last time I couldn’t even grab it from the bottom, it will shoot up when I reached for it even with the stick down. Had to run my battery all the way down before it would land. Now the battery might be screwed, won’t charge, hopefully the battery is only in hibernation mode. DJI, can you give us the solution?
2023-11-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The drone is equipped with down ward looking sensors that are meant to keep it from crash landing. The drone is climbing because it senses you hand as being too close and approaching the drone.

For a normal landing you command the drone to descend, it may or may not pause at some height and ask you if you want it to land. If it does touch the message and any required acknowledgements,  if it doesn't ask then just hold the throttle closed until it does land and stop its motors, this may take a few seconds in total.
Is the concrete smooth, level and well lit?
To hand catch bring the drone over your hand and then command it to descend, DO NOT raise your hand, keep the throttle closed until the drone descends into /onto your hand and the motors stop.
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RobConley Posted at 11-10 05:21
I have the same problem with a new Mavic Zoom 2. Has anyone come up with a solution to land to drone manually. This scenario  seems to happen randomly to me and has nothing to do with the landing surface, I use the concrete driveway.. Last time I couldn’t even grab it from the bottom, it will shoot up when I reached for it even with the stick down. Had to run my battery all the way down before it would land. Now the battery might be screwed, won’t charge, hopefully the battery is only in hibernation mode. DJI, can you give us the solution?

Hello there. Are you still experiencing the issue? Please try the notes below:
1. Please check whether the remote controller’s control stick mode and the control stick operation are correct. If the control stick mode is Mode 2, push the left control stick downward to land.
2. Calibrate the remote controller and ensure that the remote controller’s control stick can respond normally.
3. Check whether the landing ground meets the conditions (for example, whether the ground is flat, or whether there is a water surface). When the Downward Vision System works and the ground does not meet the landing conditions, the aircraft will hover and wait for the user’s further operation.
4. Check the flight environment and avoid flying through clouds or in a heavy fog environment, which will affect the Downward Vision System.
5. Check whether there are payloads under the aircraft that may affect the Downward Vision System.
6. Try disabling the Downward Vision System and test it. If the aircraft can land, it can be determined that the Downward Vision System is malfunctioning. Please perform sensor calibration using the DJI Assistant 2. You can use this link to download it to your computer: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules