Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear DJI,
I have asked this many times before, and I would like to ask again!
Please provide an option to NOT process in-drone panoramas.
I have no use for them.
I shoot RAW and I process them later.

Each pano takes about a minute, if not more, to assemble, during which you can't shoot anything else.
On my regular sunset outings, I take anywhere between 10 and 20 panos.
Hence the processing eats between 10 and 20 (if not more) minutes of flight time.
Even on a full battery that's a lot of juice.
For a not-full one, it becomes a choice between taking a few more shots and risking not being able to return/land safely.

So, please, PLEASE, make in-drone panos optional.
Thank you for listening!

Nikolai

PS
Carthago delenda est.
Must have SDK and Waypoints.

2022-11-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Nikolai. Thank you for bringing this information with us and we're sorry for the inconvenience. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-17
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Knowing DJI they will take away in drone processing all together...at least we'll know who to blame :-)
2022-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great point!
2022-11-17
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can stop it.

Simply fly the drone away when it starts the processing. It automatically cancels the processing.
2022-11-18
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Webevision Posted at 11-18 01:13
You can stop it.

Simply fly the drone away when it starts the processing. It automatically cancels the processing.

You're on a very very old FW if you are still experiencing this bug. Might explain the NFZ issue you've been having.
2022-11-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting point - having the option to turn off this feature could be beneficial. On the Mini3Pro as well.
2022-11-18
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-17 19:38
Hi, Nikolai. Thank you for bringing this information with us and we're sorry for the inconvenience. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you!
2022-11-18
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 11-17 21:25
Knowing DJI they will take away in drone processing all together...at least we'll know who to blame :-)

Lol, yeah, I take that
2022-11-18
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you!
2022-11-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope they will listen.
2022-11-18
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Webevision Posted at 11-18 01:13
You can stop it.

Clearly you didn’t get the latest FW update. You can fly, it does not stop the process.
2022-11-18
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-18 07:01
Interesting point - having the option to turn off this feature could be beneficial. On the Mini3Pro as well.

Thank you!
2022-11-18
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-18 07:04
I hope they will listen.

A man can hope…
2022-11-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-11-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sometimes that's all he's got.
2022-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Its a lot easier to shoot manual panos also a lot more precise. Without processing its much quicker. Dji panos are pretty good but you get what they decide you get and so many times I have wasted time waiting for their panos to shoot and process only to discover they covered to much on the left or right or below or above and not enough of what I needed. If you want to save time and shoot panos as you see them manual is the best option.
2022-11-18
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-18 16:23
Its a lot easier to shoot manual panos also a lot more precise. Without processing its much quicker. Dji panos are pretty good but you get what they decide you get and so many times I have wasted time waiting for their panos to shoot and process only to discover they covered to much on the left or right or below or above and not enough of what I needed. If you want to save time and shoot panos as you see them manual is the best option.

I respectfully disagree. Maybe it’s me, but for the life of me, I cannot match the speed and precision of taking manual panos with the speed and precision of the software. So taking takes longer and I always end up with imperfect frames, at the border at least. So whatever time I don’t lose on waiting for the assembly, I lose on the manual process, and also on the quality of the end result.
So, while it’s possible, it’s not a reliable alternative, at least for yours truly.
2022-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DarthSLR Posted at 11-19 09:39
I respectfully disagree. Maybe it’s me, but for the life of me, I cannot match the speed and precision of taking manual panos with the speed and precision of the software. So taking takes longer and I always end up with imperfect frames, at the border at least. So whatever time I don’t lose on waiting for the assembly, I lose on the manual process, and also on the quality of the end result.
So, while it’s possible, it’s not a reliable alternative, at least for yours truly.

I would just say that any pros I know using handheld or drone will always take panos manually, I see many failed panos on the dji system, but if you take photos correctly and use a good software then there is no reason for fails. But auto panos nearly always unless you’re a mathematician will get stuff you dont need in the frame. You are also limited in the size and type of pano. But if you prefer auto and it works for you then keep using it.
2022-11-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. You're welcome. Please know that your suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks again for your valued support. Have a safe flight always!
2022-11-20
Use props
HerrMittmann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2362441 ft
  • >>>
Germany

+1

I also find it a waste of time.

And how hard can it be to add this option?
2022-11-24
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

i wanted the option to take lapse off processing too.  so i could start another immediately to get a few more photos.  im pretty sure at that point i just set it to take a photo every 2 seconds or whatever an just use those photos in premiere pro to make the lapse.  it can be done with the 7x camera too.  another one, 3x3 manual pano with 7x camera comes out good.  100 mp photo.
2022-11-24
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HerrMittmann Posted at 11-24 01:49
+1

I also find it a waste of time.

Programmatically, super easy. Product wise, not sure, I know from the bitter experience that even the most miniscule changes may take months or be discarded just because not enough people are screaming about it.
2022-11-24
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 11-24 07:47
i wanted the option to take lapse off processing too.  so i could start another immediately to get a few more photos.  im pretty sure at that point i just set it to take a photo every 2 seconds or whatever an just use those photos in premiere pro to make the lapse.  it can be done with the 7x camera too.  another one, 3x3 manual pano with 7x camera comes out good.  100 mp photo.

Agree on all accounts. Grid pano with x7 would awesome.
2022-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules