What do you do in the winter?
1030 21 2022-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

What do you all do in the winter when the nasty weather looks beautiful but you probably shouldn't fly with the snow and the wind?
2022-11-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I fly and video.
2022-11-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I fly.  
2022-11-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly on days that the winds permit.  Never snows so that is not an issue.  On no fly days I put on my insulated wet suit and tanks and go make bubbles.

If your winter weather is too harsh to fly it might be a good time to edit some you your archived footage.  Just a thought.  

2022-11-19
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft
United States

I still fly if weather permits.  If not I either run rc trucks in the snow or gaming and VR.
2022-11-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

it's a good question, i find the winter weather does inhibit me from flying and therefore i tend to be grounded until march.
2022-11-19
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-19 06:51
I fly on days that the winds permit.  Never snows so that is not an issue.  On no fly days I put on my insulated wet suit and tanks and go make bubbles.

If your winter weather is too harsh to fly it might be a good time to edit some you your archived footage.  Just a thought.

You scuba? Nice! I still have my gear, if I can find it all, but I haven't gone in 25 years, or more maybe.
2022-11-19
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-19 09:36
it's a good question, i find the winter weather does inhibit me from flying and therefore i tend to be grounded until march.

That's kind of my experience, but some days, despite the bad weather, are beautiful and I'd like to preserve them on video.
2022-11-19
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-18 20:44
I fly and video.

What kind of weather do you get?
2022-11-19
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-19 01:55
I fly.

What is your winter like?
2022-11-19
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Mikem691 Posted at 11-19 08:57
I still fly if weather permits.  If not I either run rc trucks in the snow or gaming and VR.

Sounds like you've got a lot of toys!
2022-11-19
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

I still fly but not near as much as during the summer.

My winter hobby is woodworking and wood turning.
2022-11-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dark Horse Posted at 11-19 12:24
What is your winter like?

Right now it's raining again.  
2022-11-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-19 12:22
You scuba? Nice! I still have my gear, if I can find it all, but I haven't gone in 25 years, or more maybe.

Yeah, I'm an avid recreational diver and Florida does offer some prime diving locations.
2022-11-20
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-20 04:20
Yeah, I'm an avid recreational diver and Florida does offer some prime diving locations.

Nice, I'm in NY and we don't really have that. I used to enjoy it, but location and life kind of lead me a different way.
2022-11-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-20 13:06
Nice, I'm in NY and we don't really have that. I used to enjoy it, but location and life kind of lead me a different way.

I picked up diving early in my Navy career and over the years was stationed in many nice places that offered plenty of diving opportunities.  There is just so much to see underwater and so much still unexplored.   

Maybe some day life will take you back to a location where diving is readily available.  

Hope you have a wonderful week.
2022-11-21
Use props
Chris Kaye
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1807690 ft
United States

I fly. I will sit in my warm vehicle or my house.  It cuts the range down a little bit but not a ton.  At least I stay warm.
2022-11-21
Use props
dlevere
lvl.1
United States

I have an issue flying yesterday in my cold climate of Buffalo, NY..
2022-11-21
Use props
dlevere
lvl.1
United States

Hello I am in a cold climate and normally do not have much problems with batteries in below freezing weather other than the on screen warning telling me that my batteries are not going to last as long, or that they are cold.  Yesterday I checked my cold batteries and they showed 4 green lights. They were just charged the day before. I got my drone up about 50 feet and I suddenly got a warning that the drone would auto land becasue there was no power in the battery. And I got an error code that I can not find any info on Code 30079. I then tried the other battery I had that was fully charged and I got the same problem in the air with the error and a forced landing. The battery was fully charged after it came down.  When I then tested it in my home. It flew normaly in my home. I was asked to do the next firmward updates to the drone and the controller. I did the updates. I tried flying the drone with the same batteries with no additional charge today in the cold, below freezing, and it flew normally. It was a short flight but all was normal and the battery gave the lower power, shorter flight warning.  Any advice? Suggestions. What is that error code mean?  Thanks  Doug
2022-11-21
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-21 04:03
I picked up diving early in my Navy career and over the years was stationed in many nice places that offered plenty of diving opportunities.  There is just so much to see underwater and so much still unexplored.   

Maybe some day life will take you back to a location where diving is readily available.  

Thank you for you well wishes! It would be nice. We've been to Florida a few times, but I'm the only diver and I didn't bring any gear. It would be more fun if my wife was into it  too and we could go and share the experience.
2022-11-21
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

dlevere Posted at 11-21 07:10
Hello I am in a cold climate and normally do not have much problems with batteries in below freezing weather other than the on screen warning telling me that my batteries are not going to last as long, or that they are cold.  Yesterday I checked my cold batteries and they showed 4 green lights. They were just charged the day before. I got my drone up about 50 feet and I suddenly got a warning that the drone would auto land becasue there was no power in the battery. And I got an error code that I can not find any info on Code 30079. I then tried the other battery I had that was fully charged and I got the same problem in the air with the error and a forced landing. The battery was fully charged after it came down.  When I then tested it in my home. It flew normaly in my home. I was asked to do the next firmward updates to the drone and the controller. I did the updates. I tried flying the drone with the same batteries with no additional charge today in the cold, below freezing, and it flew normally. It was a short flight but all was normal and the battery gave the lower power, shorter flight warning.  Any advice? Suggestions. What is that error code mean?  Thanks  Doug

Hey bud, I'm an hour east of Buffalo, but I can't help you with your error code. I would start a new thread, or search for that code in the search bar here, or google. I hope you find your answer.
2022-11-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-21 13:47
Thank you for you well wishes! It would be nice. We've been to Florida a few times, but I'm the only diver and I didn't bring any gear. It would be more fun if my wife was into it  too and we could go and share the experience.

You just need to get the wife down one time and I bet she would be sold on diving after that.  My grandson recently got certified for open ocean dives so we are going on a few drive trips in the near future.  I've got a couple of old ship wrecks I want to take him down on.
2022-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules