Air2s controller just DIED for no reason!
1158 3 2022-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daniel Rivers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152116 ft
Philippines

I have Air2S drone which I bought a little over a year ago. Flew very few hours. Never crashed. Yesterday was flying it again couple of times. After 2 flights my remote just suddenly died. It had 3 green dotes before, so it was deifiniatly well charged. I tried to charge it again with the official charger - nothing happend. It died for no apparent reason. It was working a second ago, and now its not even booting. Nothing. All diods are silent. I never damaged it. I googled this problem and seems like a few other dji customers are having the same issue with this remote which is kind of simualtenesly embarrasing and outrages meaning that DJI quality control is quite below my expectations. Whats even worth is that that happend in the middle of my travel

Here is this exact issue shown on youtube by some other guy:

Check out how many more ppl are having the same issue. Its kind of embarrasing really. Is there ANY solution to this problem without sending a remote for replacement? Cos I would not be able to do that amidst my travels. And even than I think it might be faster just to order a spare remote from ebay where it costs just 80$. Still dont want to throw out 80$ for nothing, seems to be a clear malfunction in a product faulty lineup. Can I revive it somehow?

Its the same remote for many of DJI drones - Air2, Air2S, Mini 2, Mini 3 pro, Mavic 3.

2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to leave your remote controller on the charger for approximately 2-3 hours and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-18
Use props
Daniel Rivers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152116 ft
Philippines

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-18 22:44
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to leave your remote controller on the charger for approximately 2-3 hours and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I left it for the whole night. Nope, nothing changed.
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Daniel Rivers Posted at 11-18 22:46
I left it for the whole night. Nope, nothing changed.

Thank you for your response. It seems that we need to send the unit in for proper diagnostics of the issue. You may contact our team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules