Phantom 3 with Ipad air
3160 15 2015-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David.halford1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The ipad air is a great screen to run DJI Go on, but it wobbles like crazy. Does the inspire device holder fir the Phantom controller without drilling holes etc?

2015-8-14
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What I did was remove the holder and put a single wrap os sellotape on the metal shaft then re-fit it.. Also make sure the screw is tight ( but don't go overboard ). Wobble gone..
And yes, the Inspire pne fits the P3 controller with no modifications.

deviceholderwobblw.jpg

2015-8-14
Use props
David.halford1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

You did the sellotape mod on the standard holder?
I'll give that a bash then.

Thanks
2015-8-14
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Inspire and Phantom 3 Tablet holders are the same.
2015-8-14
Use props
mfr1340
lvl.1

United States

I also use the air2 and I ordered the Inspire holder and it is rock solid, even with the new updated sunshade on it. It doesn't move a bit. It is a must, the first 10 flights I kept having to adjust the locknut. Now that I put on the Inspire's mount I haven't touched it in 25 flights.
2015-8-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

mfr1340 Posted at 2015-8-14 22:16
I also use the air2 and I ordered the Inspire holder and it is rock solid, even with the new updated ...

But isn't the inspire one made of the same material? The picture looks exactly the same on dji site.
Or are you talking about a different one.
Thx
2015-8-14
Use props
David.halford1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Does anyone have a picture of the 2 mounts that show the differences? The only photo I can find on the DJI site is such bad quality (white objec tagainst a white background) that I can't even tell how it works!
2015-8-14
Use props
KaosImagery
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495463 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-14 22:36
But isn't the inspire one made of the same material? The picture looks exactly the same on dji sit ...

The photo / tablet clamp is the same for P3 and Inspire.  The V shaped bracket that actually attaches to the remote controller is different - it's white plastic for the P3 and silver metal for the Inspire.  It's the strength of that metal that makes the Inspire holder more stable with a larger tablet.
2015-8-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

With the original Phantom 3 RC device holder, even the iPad Mini 2 would rock and roll, to its own drummer...
After changing this weak link, out for the Inspire 1 device holder, my iPad Air 2 is rock steady... It has held fast, since day one.
Yes, it fits on the RC, basically the same as the original holder, but with much more force, & a stronger grip.
I was actually nervous about losing my iPad to an accidental fall with the original, but not any more.
Once the iPad Air 2 is clamped in, I can forget about it, and concentrate on flying... ;-)
The way it was meant to be, all along.

RedHotPoker
2015-8-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

KaosImagery Posted at 2015-8-15 03:07
The photo / tablet clamp is the same for P3 and Inspire.  The V shaped bracket that actually attac ...

great, thanks for the clarification. great help
2015-8-14
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Yes, and it's 5€ cheaper too
2015-8-15
Use props
DaveH
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Inspire device holder now ordered. Thanks for all the replies.

2015-8-15
Use props
DaveH
lvl.1

United Kingdom

What a transformation. The original plastic mounting bar is the reason for all the flexing. The Inspire holder should be the one that ships with all the Phantoms. I can't think why DJI aren't doing this. There can't be much difference in cost at the point of manufacture!"
2015-8-19
Use props
mfr1340
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-14 07:36
But isn't the inspire one made of the same material? The picture looks exactly the same on dji sit ...

No the inspire mount is metal and as solid as a rock. I can just let it hang while I handle the drone (catch it or remove batt) and it doesn't move a bit. Well worth the money.
2015-10-11
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

sellotape you say... Here in the USA we call it Scotch tape... I sorry I find it funny...
2015-10-11
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

Next month we have the iPad Pro to view our FPV on, that is a 12.7 inch beast.
I guess it won't fit into any screen holder, at the moment.
2015-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules