Sphere Panorama Hanging
1388 16 2022-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlashNY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391709 ft
Australia

I updated the mini 3 software recently to the latest version. Everything seems to be mostly working fine. One thing I am noticing though is that when I try to make sphere panoramas it sometimes hangs part way through. Sometimes it is at 2% complete. Sometimes it is at 25% complete. Often I can fix the problem by just cancelling and retrying...but yesterday I tried three in a row and they all did not complete.
Anyone else have this problem?

2022-11-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you are using a remote controller that has a built-in screen or a remote controller with a mobile device and the DJI Fly app? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, FlashNY. Thank you for your reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we ask if there's any error message other than not being complete? Please provide us a screenshot of the About page which shows the firmware versions for further checking. We will wait for your reply. Thank you
2022-11-24
Use props
FlashNY
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-24 18:55
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you are using a remote controller that has a built-in screen or a remote controller with a mobile device and the DJI Fly app? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

It is the DJI. Should be the latest version:

DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.02.0100

The RC showed I had a strong signal when I was doing this.
2022-11-24
Use props
FlashNY
lvl.4
Australia

2022-11-24
Use props
FlashNY
lvl.4
Australia

There was no error message. I just waited and waited for it to continue then cancelled it.
2022-11-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was it windy when you tried the Pano feature?   I've had a few failures with the Mini3Pro when it had been unable to synchronise adjacent shots due to being displaced by the wind.  The percentage completed varies. Whilst the weather may seem quite still at ground level, I'm sure you're aware it can be much breezier once the drone is aloft.
2022-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

FlashNY Posted at 11-24 19:06
It is the DJI. Should be the latest version:

DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.02.0100

Thank you for your response.  Kindly please try to have a test flight in an environment without wind. If the issue still appears in a low attitude and windless environment, I'm afraid that you may consider sending your unit in for proper diagnostics. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-27
Use props
FlashNY
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-27 05:32
Thank you for your response.  Kindly please try to have a test flight in an environment without wind. If the issue still appears in a low attitude and windless environment, I'm afraid that you may consider sending your unit in for proper diagnostics. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I have had a few successful attempts at creating the sphere since then. I will continue to monitor. Thanks for the response.
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

FlashNY Posted at 11-28 22:56
I have had a few successful attempts at creating the sphere since then. I will continue to monitor. Thanks for the response.

You are most welcome. Please let us know after a couple of tests. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2022-12-1
Use props
SageCloud
lvl.1

Netherlands

So I've been googling on this issue as I have the exact same one and came across this post. I've updated everything to the point where no updates are available (27th of may 2023).
DJI Mini 3 Pro, app version 1.10.0, aircraft firmware 01.00.0600, RC Version 01.03.0100, Flysafe data 01.00.01.29. RC is with the build-in screen.

When I try to take a sphere photo it reguraly hangs on 2% or 25% (always the same percentages) and always when the camera is facing upwards, towards the sky/clouds. Sometimes it completes, but definately not always. Once I tried letting it be while flying, almost draining the complete battery on which it finally completed, but most of the time it just 'hangs'. I see it 'retrying' positioning the gimbal upwards a couple of times but that's it. I am able to abort capture by using the controls on the RC.

I've also found this site: https://greyarro.ws/t/mini-3-pro-sphere-stops-at-25/53578?page=2
It mentions to disable Obstacle Avoidance Action. I've tried it setting it to off and redoing the sphere photo, but to no joy. Also using the 'Sport mode', in which the OAA should be off, didn't help.
2023-5-27
Use props
djiuser_YczY18KV6gMa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54262 ft
United States

I have had my Mini 3 Pro for about 2 months now and finally playing with photos rather than videos and playing with the panos. All the modes work great (even in wind) EXCEPT for the Sphere. I have the exact same issue as stated here except mine always hangs at 2%. I never got to 25% like others have. And I definitely have never seen it come close to finishing. I have tried it on a calm day, low altitude, high altitude, doesn't matter.

My symptoms are exactly as SageCloud describes. It looks like it tries to take a photo upwards towards the sky/clouds, but that's where it gets stuck. You can see the gimbal "trying" to do something but it clearly cannot. I am able to abort easily by pressing the cancel button on the RC remote.

Tried turning off Obstacle Avoidance as well. Nada.

Version numbers are exactly the same as SageCloud.
2023-7-15
Use props
djiuser_2hPEupQZ0Blc
lvl.1
Canada

I am experiencing the same issues. doesn't go past 2%. Issue appeared after last upgrade.

Is there any solution to this issue.
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_2hPEupQZ0Blc
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_2hPEupQZ0Blc Posted at 9-6 16:14
I am experiencing the same issues. doesn't go past 2%. Issue appeared after last upgrade.

Is there any solution to this issue.

Sent it in for repairs
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. I'm sorry you have to send the drone for repair. Please reach back if you need further assistance. You can also use this link to check the status of your case: https://repair.dji.com/mycase/index. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-13
Use props
Daniel McAllister
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I’ve recently bought the mini 3 pro and am having the exact same issue. Is sending it in for repairs the only solution? Thanks
2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Daniel McAllister Posted at 9-15 14:38
I’ve recently bought the mini 3 pro and am having the exact same issue. Is sending it in for repairs the only solution? Thanks

Hello there. Sorry about the experience. Are you getting an error message? Thank you.
2023-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules