Dji avata vs typical fpv
3526 8 2022-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Polololo06
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi
From what I researched the avata drone is better than the DJI fpv. Someone recommended to buy the new DJI fpv system and not the DJI avata? What's the difference in battery time? And is it hard to build one?
Thanks in advance
2022-11-25
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

A lot of it depends on a couple of questions.

1 - What is your end purpose of the drone (i.e. what are you going to use it for, just fun, getting video jobs, freestyle)?
2 - What is your level of experience flying?

Depending on your answers above will depend on what you should do.

For example, if you are an experienced FPV freestyle pilot, then building your own drone or getting a BNF with the new O3 Air Unit would be the best option if you are going to do freestyle.

If you are new and want to have some fun, getting the Avata would be your best choice and fly it in Normal or Sport mode and practice Manual mode on the simulator for a few months.

If you want to get jobs making videos inside real estate and such, the Avata is also the answer even if you are experienced.
Building a drone is not too hard as long as you know a few basic things like soldering. There are plenty of videos on YouTube on how to build a drone.

Battery life will be much better in the Avata but it's not bad on a freestyle drone either.

So as you can see, it's hard to completely answer your question, but I hope this helps some.
2022-11-25
Use props
Polololo06
lvl.1

France

Thanks! For the past year I've been flying with the mini 2 and ive been flying 2-3 times a week. So far in fpv I did 30 hours in Lift off. I prefer flying more cinematic but would also be able to do some tricks? Is the avata underpowered vs normal fpv drones?
2022-11-25
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
United States

Polololo06 Posted at 11-25 09:42
Thanks! For the past year I've been flying with the mini 2 and ive been flying 2-3 times a week. So far in fpv I did 30 hours in Lift off. I prefer flying more cinematic but would also be able to do some tricks? Is the avata underpowered vs normal fpv drones?

It's not so much underpowered (which it kind of is lol) but it's more that it's a ciniwhoop. The ducted props (prop guards) and the high center of gravity cause it to have more of a tumble effect when doing some freestyle tricks, so really the Avata is made more for cinematic use with very simple freestyle tricks.

Some people say "well they should not put a manual mode if it can't do all freestyle" but I say, manual mode is really for people to have a bit more control over the drone while doing cinematic shots.

Overall, I love the Avata. My only complaint is where they put the stupid USB and SD card port and the goggles 2 not having overall focus. It either focuses in the center and the edges are blurred or you focus on the edges and the center is blurred. So I just keep the edges blured lol.
2022-11-25
Use props
Polololo06
lvl.1

France

FPVTrendz Posted at 11-25 09:52
It's not so much underpowered (which it kind of is lol) but it's more that it's a ciniwhoop. The ducted props (prop guards) and the high center of gravity cause it to have more of a tumble effect when doing some freestyle tricks, so really the Avata is made more for cinematic use with very simple freestyle tricks.

Some people say "well they should not put a manual mode if it can't do all freestyle" but I say, manual mode is really for people to have a bit more control over the drone while doing cinematic shots.

Do you know how long normal fpv drones battery lasts and what is the real fly time for avata in manual mode?
2022-11-25
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
United States

Polololo06 Posted at 11-25 10:01
Do you know how long normal fpv drones battery lasts and what is the real fly time for avata in manual mode?

It really depends on how hard you fly but a normal 5" Freestyle drone can get from 3 to 7 minutes of flight time. The avata will get from 8 to 12 minutes in manual mode flight time. Sorry I can't pin it down better than that, too many variables to consider when it comes to flight time, like wind, how hard you fly, props, battery size, and more.
2022-11-25
Use props
Polololo06
lvl.1

France

FPVTrendz Posted at 11-25 10:05
It really depends on how hard you fly but a normal 5" Freestyle drone can get from 3 to 7 minutes of flight time. The avata will get from 8 to 12 minutes in manual mode flight time. Sorry I can't pin it down better than that, too many variables to consider when it comes to flight time, like wind, how hard you fly, props, battery size, and more.

Last question:
Should I buy it with the new goggles or the fpv ones? They seem much smaller than the ones before.
2022-11-25
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
United States

If you're going to get the Avata, I would get the new Goggles 2. The reason is if you ever do build a drone, you can use the O3 Air Unit and the same goggles. Well, the O3 does work with Goggles V2 but the new Goggles 2 I think is better even with the blurred edges. That's my suggestion and opinion anyway lol. It's like a Ford and Chevy, some people love one and hate the other, same with the goggles V2 and goggles 2 lol.
2022-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here in Forum. You may access the links below for you to check the specification for each product and you can choose based on your needs. Thank you for always choosing DJI!

DJI Avata: https://www.dji.com/avata?site=brandsite&from=nav
DJI FPV Drone: https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv?site=brandsite&from=nav
DJI O3 Air unit (new): https://www.dji.com/o3-air-unit?site=brandsite&from=nav
2022-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules