5161 5 2022-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skylee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70125 ft
United States

Hello guys
I was flying my dji mini 3 pro in my backyard at night at low height just to drain the battery and I notice that it was unable to detect any obstacle in the front or the back of it (does not show any warning). The obstacle avoidance option was set to bypass and the avoid fly sideways option was on and the drone was able to fly sidewas anyway.
Is this normal because it was at night?
Note: my backyard have plenty of lights
Thanks in advance
2022-11-26
Use props
moontan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504541 ft
India

OA does not work in low light conditions.
2022-11-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Absolutely normal.  You would have been given an orange alert along the lines of "Ambient light too low. Vision system and obstacle sensing unavailable"
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there.
The obstacle avoidance function of the drone is to provide safe flight assistance, but please note that it cannot replace human operation and judgment. During the flight, please always pay attention to the surrounding environment and the prompts of the App. For example, if you fly over extremely dark (< 10 lux), the Vision Systems may cannot work properly.
Hope the below photo can help you more. And if you have any more questions, please feel free to let us know.

2022-11-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skylee, have you read the drone's manual? There's quite a bit of useful information in there.

2022-11-27
Use props
Skylee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70125 ft
United States

thank you guys for the info
2022-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules