Sphere Photos and Google Maps/Street View?
2800 10 2022-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rochambeaux
lvl.2
United States

Is this possible and if so, how?
Everything I've found references using the unstitched images but the Mini 3 Pro does that "onboard"?
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Rochambeaux. Thanks for reaching out. For your reference, kindly note that the stitched photo can only be viewed on the DJI Fly app, and there is no stitched panorama image in the microSD card. Moreover, the original pictures can be saved in JPG and DNG formats and obtained on a microSD card, but they cannot be obtained in DJI Fly directly. We hope that you can get the best recommendations from your co-users here. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2022-11-29
Use props
Rochambeaux
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-29 03:02
Hi, Rochambeaux. Thanks for reaching out. For your reference, kindly note that the stitched photo can only be viewed on the DJI Fly app, and there is no stitched panorama image in the microSD card. Moreover, the original pictures can be saved in JPG and DNG formats and obtained on a microSD card, but they cannot be obtained in DJI Fly directly. We hope that you can get the best recommendations from your co-users here. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!

I'll post a screenshot of the actual card contents but you are wrong - the image straight off the card is a single stitched image.  All I have to do is load it into Google Phots and it's perfectly viewable.  

I did not do a single thing on the DJI App other than fly the drone and take the picture - the status %  while taking pictures goes to 50% and then there's a pause while it compiles the images into 1.
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rochambeaux Posted at 11-29 07:25
I'll post a screenshot of the actual card contents but you are wrong - the image straight off the card is a single stitched image.  All I have to do is load it into Google Phots and it's perfectly viewable.  

I did not do a single thing on the DJI App other than fly the drone and take the picture - the status %  while taking pictures goes to 50% and then there's a pause while it compiles the images into 1.

Thanks for the update, Rochambeaux. Yes, kindly share samples so we may further check it. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-29
Use props
Rochambeaux
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-29 22:19
Thanks for the update, Rochambeaux. Yes, kindly share samples so we may further check it. Thank you for your valued support.

DJI_0001 and _0010 are the complete Sphere photos on the SDCARD straight from the drone.  The other files are videos and a couple of individual still shots.
2022-11-29
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Yep. The 360 panos are 8192 x 4096, and load onto Facebook.

2022-11-29
Use props
Rochambeaux
lvl.2
United States

Zoooom Posted at 11-29 23:44
Yep. The 360 panos are 8192 x 4096, and load onto Facebook.

They also load into Google Photos just fine but not Maps or Street View or any other mapping program.
2022-11-30
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Apparently you could load the old Mini 2 photos via Google StreetView app.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-231261-1-1.html
2022-11-30
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

I put Google Street View on my tablet and it appears to be accepting images that I downloaded from google photos. So, downloading from Google Photos fixes up some metadata, or something.  But only if you download them singly from an album link you sent to your tablet. It doesn't seem to work if you do a bulk download zip file on a PC. The correct files are 29 bytes shorter than the originals.
2022-12-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rochambeaux Posted at 11-29 22:51
[view_image]

DJI_0001 and _0010 are the complete Sphere photos on the SDCARD straight from the drone.  The other files are videos and a couple of individual still shots.

Thanks for sharing the files. Upon further verification, there are both stitched and unstitched copies on the microSD card. Apologies for the confusion caused. We hope that you can get a workaround for uploading them to your desired software. Have a nice day!
2022-12-2
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

You have to pay attention to the mode-options of the pano, down the bottom of the screen

You might want it to say J.J or J.RAW
2022-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules