1661 10 2022-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
k_hargy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51624 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got my new Osmo Action 3... it's not clear how the "Auto" option works for a Hyperlapse.
2022-11-28
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Hmmm... interesting. I haven't tried the Auto setting yet. I'm guessing maybe it detects the speed you are walking at and adjusts the interval accordingly...? Will have to try it next time.
2022-11-28
Use props
k_hargy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51624 ft
  • >>>
United States

osmonauta Posted at 11-28 11:19
Hmmm... interesting. I haven't tried the Auto setting yet. I'm guessing maybe it detects the speed you are walking at and adjusts the interval accordingly...? Will have to try it next time.

Yea, I assume it's something like that, which sounds handy but I can't find any documentation about it
2022-11-28
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Unfortunately, a lot of features don't have documentation or not detailed enough.
2022-11-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I tried that once on my GP10 and put it on Auto while I was driving, and no speed changes was made (that I noticed).
But I have seen on youtube (still with GP), that guy was walking and it changed speed (speed ramp) but can't remember if it did now and then or just randomly.
2022-11-28
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

johansenfoto Posted at 11-28 11:41
I tried that once on my GP10 and put it on Auto while I was driving, and no speed changes was made (that I noticed).
But I have seen on youtube (still with GP), that guy was walking and it changed speed (speed ramp) but can't remember if it did now and then or just randomly.

Maybe driving is too fast for a reasonable speed change detection? Unless maybe you go 60mph in one minute and 4mph the next?

The OA3 also has a switch at the lower-left corner to switch between 1x or whatever speed you are filming with - even when using Auto. But you have to do that manually during recording.
2022-11-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Place it on auto, and just go do a few minutes you'll see it set the pace for you, also on the Lower left is a switch so you can  change to 1X real time and talk then switch back
2022-11-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Interesting, need to test that out one day
2022-11-28
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

auto is 7x
I can use the smallrig move mikrofon
no mikrofon icon in the mimo app
icon on camera screen
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, k_hargy. Thanks for reaching out, and congratulations on your new Osmo Action 3! Please note that when Hyperlapse is set in Auto Mode, the default speed rate is 7x. When a static state, walking, running, or substantial movement is detected, it will switch.
Here is the speed rate range:
Static State: 15x
Walking: 10x ~ 30x
Running: i.e., 12x ~ 30x
Substantial movement: 5x ~ 10x
Hope this helps. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-29
Use props
SkipC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4475866 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 11-28 12:43
Place it on auto, and just go do a few minutes you'll see it set the pace for you, also on the Lower left is a switch so you can  change to 1X real time and talk then switch back

Sounds plausible, but would love to have DJI weigh in on what’s actually going on often times for me it just seems like it’s doing something or 10 or 5X Hyperlapse
2022-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules