RC231 not getting stable USB C connection
638 4 2022-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MalanDrone
lvl.1
Mexico

Hi all!

I've been having problems connecting my RC231 to my Samsung Note 10, it connects & disconnects continuously (like connected - disconnected - connected - disconnected in a matter of seconds).
I tried changing the USB C cable with no success. Then I switched to my wife's iPhone and I had no problems whatsoever. Already installed latest firmware on the RC, no changes.

2022-11-29
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

I suggest to carefully clean the USB-C port on you phone, using a toothpick and blowing some air. The phone ports collect a lot of dust and tissues when kept into pockets.
2022-11-29
Use props
MalanDrone
lvl.1
Mexico

FabioV Posted at 11-29 08:36
I suggest to carefully clean the USB-C port on you phone, using a toothpick and blowing some air. The phone ports collect a lot of dust and tissues when kept into pockets.

Thank you so much for the tip, haven't tried it yet but will clean the USB port once I get home and post the results.

However, the phone charges normally with a regular UCB C cable, no interruptions.
2022-11-29
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

MalanDrone Posted at 11-29 14:24
Thank you so much for the tip, haven't tried it yet but will clean the USB port once I get home and post the results.

However, the phone charges normally with a regular UCB C cable, no interruptions.

The charge process requires less pins that the data connection. Maybe one of them got dirty, allowing for the charge but not for the data connection.
Another thing to try is uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
2022-11-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please follow the recommendation of our fellow Pilot FabioV on his response above about cleaning the USB port on your mobile device to see if the issue persists. If the issue persists, you may try to use a different USB-C cable and please make sure that it is a communication cable to ensure the connectivity between the two devices. Please keep us posted for the result of your test. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules