2811 13 2022-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just what the title says- where can I get a list of US  Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCNs) for all DJI drones, both "Pro Systems" and Phantom/Mavic/etc.?

Thanks in advance!
2022-11-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Good day, patiam. Thanks for your inquiry. To further address your concern and to maintain security, we have sent you a PM. Kindly check and respond whenever you're available. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-12-1
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-1 23:53
Good day, patiam. Thanks for your inquiry. To further address your concern and to maintain security, we have sent you a PM. Kindly check and respond whenever you're available. Thank you for your continued support.

Thank you DJI Tony-
PM replied.
2022-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

patiam Posted at 12-2 07:36
Thank you DJI Tony-
PM replied.

You are most welcome. Have a nice day!
2022-12-2
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-1 23:53

Just to clarify, ECCNs are not classified or sensitive information. There is no security concern here. This information should be freely and readily available to anyone requiring it.
2022-12-3
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

@DJI Tony-

I've simply requested some numbers that you or someone at DJI should be able to quickly look up and provide. This isn't top-secret or proprietary information. ECCN's are just legal commerce/export numbers. Please provide the ones I've requested here or by PM or email ASAP.

Thanks!
2022-12-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

patiam Posted at 12-3 10:09
Just to clarify, ECCNs are not classified or sensitive information. There is no security concern here. This information should be freely and readily available to anyone requiring it.

Thank you for your feedback. This will be relayed to the related team for attention. Have a nice day!
2022-12-7
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thank you DJI Tony. For anybody interested, all DJI Drones are designated EAR99.
2022-12-7
Use props
yuriksoft
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I am also looking for ECCNs or EAR99 #'s for Mavic 3 Pro, and Mavic 3T
3-5 23:38
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

See the post immediately before yours. All DJI drones purchased and used in the USA are EAR99.
3-6 07:21
Use props
yuriksoft
lvl.1

United States

patiam Posted at 3-6 07:21
See the post immediately before yours. All DJI drones purchased and used in the USA are EAR99.

Thanks for the quick response Patiam. But would really like to have the numbers, as if I travel to Canada or Caribbean, I would really need to have a solid proof of that. Nothing against personally, but if my response is solely based on someone's answering on the online forum, I don't think it will sound much credible.  
3-6 08:41
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

yuriksoft Posted at 3-6 08:41
Thanks for the quick response Patiam. But would really like to have the numbers, as if I travel to Canada or Caribbean, I would really need to have a solid proof of that. Nothing against personally, but if my response is solely based on someone's answering on the online forum, I don't think it will sound much credible.

Fair enough, but that's all you're going to get here, is "someone's answering on the online forum", so I don't know what else you are expecting.
Here is what moderator DJI Tony sent me via PM, after repeated questioning:

"Good day. Apologies for the delayed response. Please note that such information needs to be requested and ed by our related team. Additionally, we highly recommend you check with local laws and regulations and be reminded of export compliance. We understand that the drones are not being imported or exported, but it still needs to be considered. By the way, the ECCN code for the products listed above is EAR99. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

I'm also not sure if you understand what you are asking for. EAR99 is EAR99. EAR99 and ECCN are different. There are no additional numbers or codes for EAR99 items.

Hope this "someone answering on the online forum" helps.

https://www.trade.gov/eccn-and-export-administration-regulation-ear99
(ECCN) and Export Administration Regulation (EAR99)
  • Most of the products, services, and technologies that fall within the scope of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) are not specifically controlled for export, and are given the classification of EAR99. They fall under U.S. Department of Commerce jurisdiction and are not listed on the Commerce Control List (CCL). EAR99 items generally consist of low-technology consumer goods and do not require a license in most situations.
  • EAR99 items can generally be exported without a license but exporters of EAR99 items still need to perform careful due diligence to ensure the item is not going to an embargoed or sanctioned country, a prohibited end-user, or used in a prohibited end-use. If your proposed export of an EAR99 item is to an embargoed country, to an end-user of concern, or in support of a prohibited end-use, you may be required to obtain a license.
  • An ECCN (short for Export Control Classification Number), is a designation that an item, which can be a tangible or intangible (i.e., software or technology), is controlled because of its specific performance characteristics, qualities, or designed-end use. Unlike an EAR99 designation, which is a broad basket category, an ECCN is much more narrowly defined and are focused on product categories. An ECCN is a five-digit alphanumeric designations that categorize items based on the nature of the product, i.e. type of commodity, software, or technology and its respective technical parameters. An example of an ECCN is 0A979, which corresponds to police helmets and shields.
  • An ECCN is enumerated on the CCL, and each one lists important information that includes a general description of the controlled item(s), the reason(s) for control, available license exceptions, and, when necessary, additional details on related controls, and more specific item definitions. Learn more by viewing the link on how to determine your ECCN.
For additional information on EAR99 and ECCN designations, visit the Bureau of Industry and Security’s website at www.bis.doc.gov  

3-6 10:25
Use props
yuriksoft
lvl.1

United States

patiam Posted at 3-6 10:25
Fair enough, but that's all you're going to get here, is "someone's answering on the online forum", so I don't know what else you are expecting.
Here is what moderator DJI Tony sent me via PM, after repeated questioning:

That makes sense.
Thank you so much for the great reply and information.
Thank you !
3-15 05:25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Glad to help. Safe Flying!
3-15 16:13
Use props
Advanced