6696 21 2022-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tired Of Waiting
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17234 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just purchased a used AIR 2S FMK from someone I know that came with an RM500 Smart controller.  It also has a few months of DJI REFRESH remaining.  I have seen a number of other topics about removing the previous owners bound email but none seem to work.  The previous owner is more than willing to help if we can figure it out.

As I read in another thread,  on the RM500 Smart controler I went to DEVICE MANAGEMENT where I found his email  stating "already bound to another account" but there was no option for me (or him) to remove it.    Can I remove his email and replace it with mine?  If so how?  Is this done from DJI FLY APP DEVICE MANAGEMENT or is it done from his ONLINE DJI WEB ACCCOUNT?  I did NOT get his original RC23, just the RM500 SC so is it possible I need his RC231 to do this ?

Thanks
2022-12-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Whose DJI account where you using to look in the device management section, your's  or the previous owner's? If your's try their's. You might find

useful though it might not deal with unbinding the controller from the drone.
2022-12-3
Use props
Tired Of Waiting
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-3 10:05
Whose DJI account where you using to look in the device management section, your's  or the previous owner's? If your's try their's. You might find

useful though it might not deal with unbinding the controller from the drone.

Thank you.  My account.  Did all that but there was no "REMOVE ACCOUNT" option.  That was the issue.  Checked using the RM500 as well as the RCN1 w/iPhone.  
2022-12-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phew, it worked
2022-12-3
Use props
Tired Of Waiting
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-3 11:00
Phew, it worked

Huh??  What worked?  
2022-12-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Using their account,  or did I mis interpret "That was the issue."?
2022-12-3
Use props
Tired Of Waiting
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-3 11:03
Using their account,  or did I mis interpret "That was the issue."?

The issue was:  THERE IS NO REMOVE ACCOUNT OPTION.  
2022-12-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well ....if you are using your account in an attempt to displace the original account would you expect to be able to do so?.......It wouldn't be much of a 'security' feature if any one could log in, via any account, and severe bindings, .....would it?
Try using the previous owner's account and see what is visible.
2022-12-3
Use props
Tired Of Waiting
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-3 11:11
Well ....if you are using your account to displace the original account would you expect to be able to do so?.......It wouldn't be much of a 'security' feature if any one could log in with any account and severe bindings, would it?
Try using the previous owner's account and see what is visible.

Understood but would have thought there would be the option to enter the password if one was able to obtain it like virtually every other kind of account for just this reason but I do understand your point.  I did get his info so all is good.   
2022-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please note that Dirty Bird and Sean-bumble-bee are correct. Kindly remember that to remove a device from an account, you must be logged in on the app using the bound account. If not, the option will not be available. Anyway, we are pleased to know that it has been sorted out. We hope that you'll have a great time with your new drone! Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-12-3
Use props
Humberto Mariscal
New

United States

How unbind a second hand drone ?
When the seller on ebay can’t do it and reselling this drones
I believe need to be a option or way to communicate with the last owner to do that its that posible?
Since the email not appear on the description
2023-7-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Humberto Mariscal Posted at 7-9 18:31
When the seller on ebay can’t do it and reselling this drones
I believe need to be a option or way to communicate with the last owner to do that its that posible?

Hi, Please don't hesitate to contact us to help you further with this. Get support by going here dji.com/support so we can check if we can communicate with the previous owner. We appreciate your support.
2023-7-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Humberto Mariscal Posted at 7-9 18:31
When the seller on ebay can’t do it and reselling this drones

You cannot contact the seller by seeking the email addy on the account, only DJI can attempt to contact them for you.
2023-7-10
Use props
Pesisir Paloh
New

Indonesia

How to delete old emails on drone dji phantom 4 advance
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Pesisir Paloh Posted at 7-31 20:04
How to delete old emails on drone dji phantom 4 advance

Hello, there. May we know which old email address you are talking about?
2023-8-1
Use props
FlyingDoctor
lvl.1

Netherlands

Dear DJI Support, I've send you an email (admin@dji.com) regarding the question on removal of a previous owner on a second hand DJI Air 3 on the 16th of october. So far I didn't receive any reaction. Could you please tell me what to do?

Best regards
2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FlyingDoctor Posted at 10-20 12:00
Dear DJI Support, I've send you an email () regarding the question on removal of a previous owner on a second hand DJI Air 3 on the 16th of october. So far I didn't receive any reaction. Could you please tell me what to do?

Best regards

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Just to confirm are you not able to fly the drone and trying to unbound the drone from the previous owner's account? Are you getting an error message?
2023-10-22
Use props
FlyingDoctor
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 10-22 01:30
Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Just to confirm are you not able to fly the drone and trying to unbound the drone from the previous owner's account? Are you getting an error message?

Dear DJI,

I am able to fly the drone, but it is still linked to the previous owner and I want to change that to my own account. Best regards
2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FlyingDoctor Posted at 10-23 02:55
Dear DJI,

I am able to fly the drone, but it is still linked to the previous owner and I want to change to my own account. Best regards

Hi. Thank you for getting back to us. Are you logged in to the previous user's account or you have already created an account and used that to fly the drone?
2023-10-23
Use props
FlyingDoctor
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 10-23 03:16
Hi. Thank you for getting back to us. Are you logged in to the previous user's account or you have already created an account and used that to fly the drone?

I have logged in with my own account on the smart controller, but I couldn't add the air3 to my devices since it is connected to the account of the previous owner (mit.........@gmail.com).
2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FlyingDoctor Posted at 10-23 03:37
I have logged in with my own account on the smart controller, but I couldn't add the air3 to my devices since it is connected to the account of the previous owner ().

I see. The email information that activated the drone cannot be changed. However, please rest assured it will not affect the warranty and performance.
2023-10-23
Use props
FlyingDoctor
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 10-23 03:52
I see. The email information that activated the drone cannot be changed. However, please rest assured it will not affect the warranty and performance.

How strange is that!? From previous posts I concluded that DJI would be able to unbind/contact these previous owners so that they could unbind the drone so that I can add the drone to my devices?

On DJI's website is stated 'After unboxing your new product, it is important to promptly bind it to your DJI account. Failure to do so will result in your inability to produce a DJI Care Aircraft Flyaway Report in case of a flyaway incident.' (https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006568&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en&documentType=artical&paperDocType=paper)

As I can't get in touch with the previous owner, can you do so?

Best regards
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules