Mini 3 Pro - Help needed to create accurate orbit
2175 2 2022-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_alvin_
lvl.2

Australia

Hi all,
Just learning to fly my Mini 3 Pro. I've watched a lot of good YouTube videos and learnt a lot, but on searching a particular query, I can't seem to find a definite answer... maybe someone here could help please.

I've tried a few goes at a simple POI orbit, around myself and around a vehicle.
My question is... how can I keep better control of the center pivot point that the drone is locked to?
I've found that for instance orbiting around a vehicle, the drone will shift its framing and size slightly, as if it's getting a little confused with the shape, and isn't sure how to center it as the vehicle changes from broad flat, to end-on thin, etc.
Is there some way to ovecome this, eg, an exact GPS reference point, or a reference object temporarily placed on the roof and slightly above the vehicle, that could be erased in edit?
As I'm really new to this I might be missing the bleeding obvious, but I've got to ask, and the need is for a really accurate orbit, not framing and sizing changes as the drone hunts the frame.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Alvin.

2022-12-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are some tips in this video,  but often it's best to practice doing it manually especially if the focus is moving.   
2022-12-4
Use props
_alvin_
lvl.2

Australia

Thank you for that, most appreciated. I've watched the clip and will now give this a go.
It seems he's employing something similar that I had wondered if could be done, to lock and control the pivot point better than how one would normally execute it.
Once again... someone's ingenuity has found a great way around a problem, so thank you for passing this on, can't wait to try it out!
Kind regards, Alvin. (;->
2022-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules