2683 18 2022-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edson Chuck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1877293 ft
Brazil

Hi,

I really want to buy the DJI Transmission, however, I can't find the information about triggering the camera remotely.

I read the manual and watched several videos on youtube, but I can't find this info.

Can I trigger my camera remotely using the DJI Transmission? Is it possible to trigger the camera on the monitor?

I have a Canon R5C, is it going to work with my camera?

Can I trigger the camera using just the transmission mount on the camera, or just using it together with the RS3 pro?

Thank you very much.
2022-12-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Maybe you can try this tutorial: @!1200
Sorry this video does not have English version.
2022-12-5
Use props
Fango 1
lvl.3
United States

I have the Transmission system and as far as I can tell you have to connect it to the RS3 PRo to trigger the camera both for video and stills.
For stills unfortunately the shutter release is only activated by pressing and holding down the video record button and there is a rather long delay for the shutter to release because the system has to wait for the button to be held down. You do need the handles to be able to control the gimbal beyond just using the (fantastic) gyro control.
However come to think of it I have not tried the Monitor without the handles... I will give it a go and edit the post if there is a way to shoot video or stills without the handles.

I really like the Transmission system and the hardware is simply fantastic. However the functionality needs to be optimized with some firmware modifications. With a few tweaks this would be the state of the art remote with line view!

I have made a list of suggestions and they seem to have been received with enthusiasm by DJI.

Once of the suggestions I have made to DJI is to be able to control cameras without the gimbal, much like the Raven eye can.
I think that DJI will implement this function seeing that they have it on the raven eye.
2022-12-6
Use props
Edson Chuck
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-5 04:33
Hello, there. Maybe you can try this tutorial: [view_image]@!1200
Sorry this video does not have English version.

Thank Wanda, unfortunately, your video is not appearing here. Was it a link?
2022-12-7
Use props
Edson Chuck
lvl.2
Brazil

Fango 1 Posted at 12-6 10:52
I have the Transmission system and as far as I can tell you have to connect it to the RS3 PRo to trigger the camera both for video and stills.
For stills unfortunately the shutter release is only activated by pressing and holding down the video record button and there is a rather long delay for the shutter to release because the system has to wait for the button to be held down. You do need the handles to be able to control the gimbal beyond just using the (fantastic) gyro control.
However come to think of it I have not tried the Monitor without the handles... I will give it a go and edit the post if there is a way to shoot video or stills without the handles.

Thank you very much for your attention fango.

For me, the best scenario would be having the transmission working exactly the same way Raven eye works. Of course, with all the improvements it already has.

So, without the handles, you can control the gimbal only with Gyro? Does it have no virtual joystick as the Rave eye has?

So, for video, can I start recording from the monitor (as the Raven eye), or do I need the handles?

Thank you very much
2022-12-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Edson Chuck Posted at 12-7 06:11
Thank Wanda, unfortunately, your video is not appearing here. Was it a link?

https://cdn.djivideos.com/watch/ ... 6c5d31b94.jpg@!1200

Sorry for the late response. I will paste the link again.
2022-12-8
Use props
Fango 1
lvl.3
United States

Edson Chuck Posted at 12-7 06:17
Thank you very much for your attention fango.

For me, the best scenario would be having the transmission working exactly the same way Raven eye works. Of course, with all the improvements it already has.

Without the handles there is No way to start recording on the monitor other than the recording to micro sd card at this time.

No virtual joystick
2022-12-8
Use props
Hans Hornberger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3667559 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 2022-12-8 04:34
https://cdn.djivideos.com/watch/63891098-3c0c-44ea-acac-faa4aad188c7?autoplay=false&poster=https://videocaption.djicdn.com/poster/20220929/1a3564c9eb2bf6121b330ac6c5d31b94.jpg@!1200

Sorry for the late response. I will paste the link again.

This video is absolutely useless for Edson's question!!!
2023-1-25
Use props
Hans Hornberger
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

I just got my transmission system with the handles and triggering the camera does not work.

My Setup:
Canon EOS C70
DJI RS 3 Pro
DJI Transmission System with Ronin 4D handles

Triggering the camera works totally fine without the transmission system using just the RS 3 Pro, with or without Raven Eye. But with the Transmission System it does not work at all.
Any ideas?

2023-1-25
Use props
Hans Hornberger
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Hans Hornberger Posted at 1-25 02:26
I just got my transmission system with the handles and triggering the camera does not work.

My Setup:

Ok the DJI support service gave me the requested help :-)
You need to refresh the monitors firmware "with the handles installed".
Now it is working fine :-)
2023-1-25
Use props
FredBGG
lvl.3
United States

Hans Hornberger Posted at 1-25 06:54

Can you trigger the camera to take photos without a delay or are you using the press and hold of the record button?
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hans Hornberger Posted at 1-25 06:54

Hi, sorry for the late response. May we confirm you can use the products normally now?
2023-1-26
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Can DJI Transmission control LiDAR Range Finder's Active Track?
2023-1-30
Use props
Hans Hornberger
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

FredBGG Posted at 1-25 10:40
Can you trigger the camera to take photos without a delay or are you using the press and hold of the record button?

I am using the Canon EOS C70 which is made just for filming. You can take photos with a custom button but probably not with the record button of the transmission.
2023-1-31
Use props
Hans Hornberger
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-26 01:39
Hi, sorry for the late response. May we confirm you can use the products normally now?

Well yes I can use the products normally now but I think Edson Chucks question is not solved yet.
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hans Hornberger Posted at 1-31 06:01
Well yes I can use the products normally now but I think Edson Chucks question is not solved yet.

Thanks for your reply. We are waiting for his feedback also. We will try our best to help him once he get back to us.
2023-1-31
Use props
Edson Chuck
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-31 06:12
Thanks for your reply. We are waiting for his feedback also. We will try our best to help him once he get back to us.

Thanks, Wanda,

But as Hans said, my questions were still on the air.

Actually, reading carefully the official promo site of the Transmission, it says "The remote monitor can automatically start and stop recording in synchronization with the camera, as well as simultaneously access video timecodes, [3]"

However, in the footnotes, [3] means "Will be supported at a later date."

So, as I can see the demands of many other customers, it would be great to have a firmware update in the transmission to allow it works as the Reven Eye. It means, triggering the camera from the monitor, having virtual joysticks and active track control in the monitor, etc.
2023-3-7
Use props
FredBGG
lvl.3
United States

When can we expect a new firmware to address all the blatant things that do not work, such as the M button not working on the monitor handles.
It has been a long time now that multiple people have made DJI aware of the serious issue.

Can we at least get some feedback as to what is being worked on and when it is scheduled to be addressed.
2023-3-11
Use props
Edson Chuck
lvl.2
Brazil

Hi everybody following this thread.

To update you, finally, my DJI Transmission is in my hands.

I have tried it with my Canon R5C, and as we expected, there is no way to trigger the camera from the screen.

So, the question for DJI still waiting for answers. There is an expectation to release new firmware addressing all the requests from our community, and the descriptions from the official promos?

tks
2023-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules