Sandisk 3/A2 cannot record issue
402 9 2022-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

I have a Sandisk Extreme Pro grade 3 A2 fitted into my DJI Mini2 but I keep getting a message saying my SD card is slow and when I hit the record button, it immediately closes and will not record onto the disc.
I have reformatted it several times.
It records OK to my phone.
Any suggestions please?
Update: I should have mentioned that it was recording to this card previously OK and yesterday it stopped recording to my phone as well with the card removed.
20221205_143352.jpg
2022-12-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would try another SD card,  you may have a fake thats not capable of the speeds needed.  There was a lot of fakes and cards that failed QA flooding the market a while ago.
2022-12-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have another SD Card give that a try.  As DAFlys said in Post 2 you could very well have a fake SanDisk card.  I had one about 6  months ago that I bought off eBay.  I used the SD Card Speed App from the Microsoft store to find out it was much slower and lower in capacity that indicated on the SD Card.  Seller on eBay refused to give me a refund.  So I dispute through eBay and finally got a refund.
2022-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-5 02:54
If you have another SD Card give that a try.  As DAFlys said in Post 2 you could very well have a fake SanDisk card.  I had one about 6  months ago that I bought off eBay.  I used the SD Card Speed App from the Microsoft store to find out it was much slower and lower in capacity that indicated on the SD Card.  Seller on eBay refused to give me a refund.  So I dispute through eBay and finally got a refund.

There was an issue with Amazon doing their drop shipment selling where people could send products to Amazon top sell,  and amazon would store all the same bar codes together regardless who sent them in,  so you thought you were buying off amazon but you might have got a drop shipment product from another source.  
2022-12-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-5 03:48
There was an issue with Amazon doing their drop shipment selling where people could send products to Amazon top sell,  and amazon would store all the same bar codes together regardless who sent them in,  so you thought you were buying off amazon but you might have got a drop shipment product from another source.

I didn't know that was happening on Amazon.  It was quite the thing on eBay to get fake cards.  
2022-12-5
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

I have tried several different SD cards all with the same result.
2022-12-5
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

I've now found that it's no longer recording to my phone either although it's displaying the recording icon in the DJI Fly app.
2022-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-5 04:49
I didn't know that was happening on Amazon.  It was quite the thing on eBay to get fake cards.

There was another issue with that brand where someone was swapping the cards that failed the QA with proper ones that had passed.   
2022-12-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-6 01:36
There was another issue with that brand where someone was swapping the cards that failed the QA with proper ones that had passed.

That's interesting to know.  
2022-12-6
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

Thanks to all who posted in reply.
The issue was indeed a fake SD card purchased from Lazada Thailand.
Some may find this useful.
https://thetechreviewer.com/tech ... d-card-counterfeit/
2022-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules