Where is the Serial Number for Mini 3 Pro Standard Remote ID?
21805 12 2022-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3dbproductions
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1723471 ft
  • >>>
United States

For us Part 107 Remote Pilots in the US that MUST register the DJI Mini 3 Pro for commercial use (regardless of weight), the registration process requests the Remote ID Serial Number.  After installing the firmware update that enables the M3P Standard Remote ID, where can I find that RID serial number?  PLEASE let's NOT let this thread devolve into a debate about the pros/cons of Remote ID or whether it needs to be registered or not.  I just want to know where the serial number for the M3P Standard Remote ID can be found.  Thanks!
2022-12-5
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

if it exists, i think you can find it on the fly app.  can't remember exactly where.

i also think the drone itself is supposed to be marked or labeled correctly but depending on when you bought the drone or when it was build, it probably doesn't have the proper markings yet.

the portal asks for the details but i'm not sure the portal is ready to accept the details just yet.
2022-12-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, 3dbproductions. Thanks for reaching out. For the DJI Mini 3 Pro, the Remote ID serial number is the same as the aircraft serial number and generally the same as the flight controller serial number. The serial number can be found on the battery compartment, packaging, the DJI Fly app (About page), and inside the “Available networks” of the WLAN of the drone.
Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!
2022-12-5
Use props
3dbproductions
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1723471 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-5 20:56
Hi, 3dbproductions. Thanks for reaching out. For the DJI Mini 3 Pro, the Remote ID serial number is the same as the aircraft serial number and generally the same as the flight controller serial number. The serial number can be found on the battery compartment, packaging, the DJI Fly app (About page), and inside the “Available networks” of the WLAN of the drone.
Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!

Thanks Tony!
2022-12-5
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah that makes sense.  from the faa website:

"A unique identifier for the drone. Operators of a Standard Remote ID Drone may choose whether to use the drone's serial number or a session ID (an alternative form of identification discussed below that provides additional privacy to the operator) as the unique identifier;...."
2022-12-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You are most welcome! Hope you have a great time with your DJI drone. Have a nice day.
2022-12-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

With the drone connected, look under the "About" tab in the Camera view settings. It is there.
2022-12-7
Use props
djiuser_TVhIsGJ6AnDX
New

United States

May I ask if the same is true for the Mavic 3 Classic, "Remote ID is the same as the serial number"?
2023-2-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_TVhIsGJ6AnDX Posted at 2-1 08:59
May I ask if the same is true for the Mavic 3 Classic, "Remote ID is the same as the serial number"?

I would have thought so, yes.
2023-2-1
Use props
jollyroger8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2-1 20:04
I would have thought so, yes.

What about for the Mavic 3? (Not the classic, or the mini, or Enterprise. This is for the original Mavic 3)
2023-2-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The Remote ID is NOT the same as the craft Serial Number. It has a prefix set of numbers. You can find it in camera view/settings/about.
2023-2-25
Use props
djiuser_8AHkBVYu0OP6
lvl.2

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-25 09:58
The Remote ID is NOT the same as the craft Serial Number. It has a prefix set of numbers. You can find it in camera view/settings/about.

Where? I cannot find that location?
2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8AHkBVYu0OP6 Posted at 10-6 09:22
Where? I cannot find that location?

Hello there. If your drone has a 20-digit alphanumeric serial number (always prefixed with 1581F) the Remote ID serial number is the same as the aircraft serial number, and generally the same as the flight controller serial number. Have a great day.
2023-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules