Best Controller options for my three DJI Mavics
2247 5 2022-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DevoD
lvl.1
United States

What are the Best Controller options for my three DJI Mavics?
1) Mavic Pro,
2) Mavic Pro2 and
3) Mavic Mini 3 Pro

Is there one single controller with a built-in screen that will work with all three?

2022-12-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

You might be better off posting in the products section of this forum. That is way more active!
https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-12-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is no one controller that will work with all three.
2022-12-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, there is not a screened controller that is compatible with all three of your drones.
2022-12-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, DevoD. Thank you for reaching out. As with what other DJI users mentioned above, there is no one controller that will work with the three drones you've listed.  Since Mavic Pro uses an older transmission system, there is no built-in screen remote controller that is compatible with it. For the Mavic 2 Pro, the compatible remote controller with a built-in screen is DJI Smart Controller. While on DJI Mini 3 Pro, there are 2 compatible built-in screen remote controllers which are DJI RC and DJI RC Pro. The best controllers would be the ones that came with them in the package as it guaranteed their compatibility. We hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-9
Use props
DevoD
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE, I sold my Mavic Pro yesterday. So now I just have the Mavic Pro2 and the Mini3Pro. But it seems from these comments and what I see on the DJI website that there is still no controller that does both of these. Because I was interested in the "DJI RC Pro" controller but that seems like overkill just for the Mini, and I will be using my mavic2 professionally for aerial survey work. I could Justify the pro controller for the Aerial Survey work, but not for just messing around on the mini.  
Seems a shame that DJI does not make these products "backwards compatible", because I have hardly touched my mavic2 (flown twice only so far), and already it seems to have been superseded.
2022-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules