First Time using a FPV CONTROLER 2
460 17 2022-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eagle_0ne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32487 ft
United States

HI, sorry for my ignorance but its my first time flying a drone and ive been using the motion controller, just recently ordered the FPV CONTROLLER 2 because i wanna learn how to fly manual, my question is, if i fly manual using the fpv controller 2, if i let go off the accelerator is there a possibility that the drone will crash or drop ? not like the motion controller when you let go of the accelerator the drone will just hover above.
2022-12-7
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

it will land slowly if you dropped the accelerator down
2022-12-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

you need to practice manual mode with the modded rc2 in the simulator.
2022-12-7
Use props
Eagle_0ne
lvl.1
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-7 21:20

Yes im on it! But i just wanna know and make sure that if i let go of the accelerator will the drone fall or crash.. but yeah i will do simulator to learn..
2022-12-8
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Eagle_0ne Posted at 12-8 05:11
Yes im on it! But i just wanna know and make sure that if i let go of the accelerator will the drone fall or crash.. but yeah i will do simulator to learn..

It depends on the mode you have the sticks. True manual mode you have to release the spring of the throttle stick. In that case you have to input all the time and not let go the stick. But please do simulator first. A LOT!
2022-12-8
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

If you are in manual mode and you let go of the sticks, the drone will either fly up, down, left, right, forward or backward depending on where the last position of the sticks was. Never let go of the sticks in manual mode. If you are in Normal or Sport mode and let go of the sticks, the drone just stops and hovers unless you have set the throttle stick to manual mode by disabling the spring, then it will stop moving but it will either go up or down. My advice is this.... never let go of the sticks in any mode, always keep your fingers on the sticks. That's my opinion anyway lol.
2022-12-8
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pajomota Posted at 12-8 05:26
It depends on the mode you have the sticks. True manual mode you have to release the spring of the throttle stick. In that case you have to input all the time and not let go the stick. But please do simulator first. A LOT!

I 100% agree on doing a ton of simulator work before flying the real thing.  You will find that the sim is 99% the same as IRL.  There are a ton of videos on youtube that will show you how to modify the throttle on the controller for manual mode.

I'm still practicing on the sim to get better.  The first hour was miserable, and I thought I would never get this, but you quickly get used to it.  It is a lot different than flying my mini 3.

2022-12-8
Use props
paulc85
lvl.1
Italy

A1C Posted at 12-8 10:10
I 100% agree on doing a ton of simulator work before flying the real thing.  You will find that the sim is 99% the same as IRL.  There are a ton of videos on youtube that will show you how to modify the throttle on the controller for manual mode.

I'm still practicing on the sim to get better.  The first hour was miserable, and I thought I would never get this, but you quickly get used to it.  It is a lot different than flying my mini 3.

Definitively agree. It seems impossibile at a first glance. Than you learn it.
Anyway in M mode the drone wont stay stable in the air, so you have to use properly the sticks to let him lend.
2022-12-8
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you let go the throttle stick you will crash, on Manual mode you are on your own, no stabilization/sensor help, the drone is at your exclusive command. Try it only when you are successful and confident on simulator. DJI simulator is not the best one, get liftoff or other
2022-12-8
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Try the DJI simulator at first.
Then spend some money on LiftOff (this one has a DJI FPV plugin that is kinda cool) or Velocidrone for further practice
There are TONS of video's on youtube showing you how to fly Manual Mode step by step with good lessons and pointers.
2022-12-8
Use props
Duke56
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1761844 ft
United States

Question, if you release the springs in the sticks to fly in manual mode, the sticks stay unsprung should you wish to fly in normal or sport mode correct?  Kind of have to learn to fly in normal mode all over again.
2022-12-9
Use props
Eagle_0ne
lvl.1
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-7 21:20

so what do you mean modded ? how can this be modified ? i wanna try this and what is the difference ?
2022-12-9
Use props
Eagle_0ne
lvl.1
United States

paulc85 Posted at 12-8 14:36
Definitively agree. It seems impossibile at a first glance. Than you learn it.
Anyway in M mode the drone wont stay stable in the air, so you have to use properly the sticks to let him lend.

you can switch mode while mid air right ? its possible to switch mode like from N to M while the drone is mid air or flying right
2022-12-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eagle_0ne Posted at 12-9 13:48
so what do you mean modded ? how can this be modified ? i wanna try this and what is the difference ?

see post #8, first paragraph.
2022-12-9
Use props
paulc85
lvl.1
Italy

Eagle_0ne Posted at 12-9 13:51
you can switch mode while mid air right ? its possible to switch mode like from N to M while the drone is mid air or flying right

Yes you can. There are even video on YouTube where people switch fron N/S to M after liftoff, and do the opposite (so from M to N/S) before landing
2022-12-9
Use props
Eagle_0ne
lvl.1
United States

A1C Posted at 12-8 10:10
I 100% agree on doing a ton of simulator work before flying the real thing.  You will find that the sim is 99% the same as IRL.  There are a ton of videos on youtube that will show you how to modify the throttle on the controller for manual mode.

I'm still practicing on the sim to get better.  The first hour was miserable, and I thought I would never get this, but you quickly get used to it.  It is a lot different than flying my mini 3.

would the goggle 2 works on any simulator like liftoff ?
2022-12-9
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Duke56 Posted at 12-9 04:30
Question, if you release the springs in the sticks to fly in manual mode, the sticks stay unsprung should you wish to fly in normal or sport mode correct?  Kind of have to learn to fly in normal mode all over again.

Yes,  you have to centre the L stick manually when you switch to Normal/Sport mode.
2022-12-10
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eagle_0ne Posted at 12-9 16:03
would the goggle 2 works on any simulator like liftoff ?

You don't need to use the goggles on liftoff etc.  Just the RC controller connected to the PC via USB.  Make sure you use the DJI assistant to update the firmware on the RC2 to the latest.  My controller had an earlier version, and I couldn't use it until I did so.

I would still use the goggles with the DJI sim on the phone to get used to it. You may get a bit dizzy/vertigo-ish the first few times.  It doesn't happen to everyone, but it did to me slightly.
2022-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules