No flight data sent from QC after crash - SOLVED!
660 2 2015-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dave
New

New Zealand

I had the recent misfortune of crashing my phantom 2 vision+ and since the crash (into soft, wet grass and mud) it no longer transmits position, altitude, satellite connections and battery level to the vision app on my cell phone.
The camera tilt no longer responds on the app either (tho the tilt wheel on the transmitter works fine), and the camera functions of taking pictures and videos still responds and works, but slightly delayed.The phantom still flies perfectly well and responds to the transmitter just perfectly so I can still fly it ok - just can't use the ground station to set a mission (as no data available) and can't tilt the camera as smoothly as I could with the app.
Anyone  know what component is probably damaged and is it easily repairable?
2015-8-15
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Since the crash it may have loosened some cables. Check the three cables that plug into the gimbel and make sure they are tight and no pins have pulled out. Then you may have to open the shell off the top off the top of the phantom and check the plugs going to the wifi module. Your video and telemetry data are transmitted back to you from there. Check the cable at the red arrow.
image.jpg
2015-8-18
Use props
Kiwifisher
New

New Zealand

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-8-18 22:48
Since the crash it may have loosened some cables. Check the three cables that plug into the gimbel a ...

Excellent thanks Roy!.
I initially checked those mentioned connections on crash day and found nothing, but upon re-inspection again just now found that yes, indeed one of them was loose so problem solved!!!! Awesome thanks Roy for the kick into xtra vigilance ).
2015-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules