Need help loading videos on phone.
858 17 2022-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NewOSMOGuy
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys. I need some help regarding viewing the OA3 videos on my phone. Every time I try it always stays grey and never loads. Even when I record in a small frame rate and small resolution it still doesn't load on my phone. How do you guys get them to load?

P.S. Also how do I connect to the OA3 and wifi at the same time so I can download updates faster?

Thanks
2022-12-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What phone are you using. I just switch on follow the connection instructions then click on the play icon on the screen and all my photos come up. I am using an IPhone 8. New phones are not always your friend here
2022-12-8
Use props
NewOSMOGuy
lvl.1

United States

Yeah, I have an iPhone 12. Maybe that is the issue. When I press that play button it shows how long each video is but it doesn't give a thumbnail or let me play the video. It's just grey boxes
2022-12-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

no alone on the mimo playback. Iphone 12 as well here.
2022-12-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NewOSMOGuy Posted at 12-8 00:14
Yeah, I have an iPhone 12. Maybe that is the issue. When I press that play button it shows how long each video is but it doesn't give a thumbnail or let me play the video. It's just grey boxes

Have you got an older Iphone you could use. I like to keep well behind with Iphone upgrades you seem to get less hastle that way generally
2022-12-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device to see if the issue persists? Also, please try the steps below for you to connect to the DJI Osmo Action 3 Wi-Fi. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

1. Enter [Settings]-[Wireless Connection]-[Reset Connection] of DJI Action 2/Osmo Action 3;
2. After the reset is successful, select [Wireless Information] to view the device name and password;
3. Enter the wireless connection on the mobile device, select the corresponding device name, and enter the password;
4. If you still cannot join the network, click the "DJIAction-xxxxxx" end symbol on the mobile device, click [Configure IP], select [Manual], enter: 192.168.2.100 in the IP address field, and enter the subnet mask: 255.255. 255.0;
5. Reopen the DJI MIMO App and click Connect.
2022-12-8
Use props
NewOSMOGuy
lvl.1

United States

I’ll try the reinstall method. Also I am capable of connecting to the camera but I was curious if it had to be the OA3 hotspot. Was wondering if there was a way to connect to the camera and my fast WiFi at the same time
2022-12-8
Use props
NewOSMOGuy
lvl.1

United States

I just reinstalled and it’s the same issue. I am connected to the camera and I can see the live view but I cannot watch the videos that are on the camera.
2022-12-8
Use props
fansa6ff3a6c
lvl.3
United States

Similar thread here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=279859
2022-12-8
Use props
NewOSMOGuy
lvl.1

United States

Oh yeah, so it's not just me.
2022-12-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don’t you have to turn off cellular data on some phones for this to work
2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please turn off the celluar network(4G/5G) and then see whether it would be normal?
2022-12-10
Use props
fansa6ff3a6c
lvl.3
United States

Interesting, turning off cellular does make it work for me. But that's not very convenient - I hope we can see an app update that works without having to disable cellular. Thanks.
2022-12-10
Use props
NewOSMOGuy
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-10 00:32
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please turn off the celluar network(4G/5G) and then see whether it would be normal?

How would I do that?
2022-12-10
Use props
fansa6ff3a6c
lvl.3
United States

I turned on Airplane mode on my phone to disable cellular, but re-enabled wifi and bluetooth to connect to the Action 3. Suddenly video playback worked.
2022-12-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Man you need to read up about your phone
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

You may refer to what @fansa6ff3a6c has done or just switch off the option of your mobile internet.  
2022-12-12
Use props
NewOSMOGuy
lvl.1

United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-11 23:25
Man you need to read up about your phone

Never mind I know how to do that. I thought they meant something else, misread it. It worked however, that’s rather inconvenient to do every time
2022-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules