Smart controller issues
1158 6 2022-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Air Tech Int
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi
Today my smart controller froze and would not allow me to select anything or control the drone.
The drone returned to home which was good however, I could not turn the controller off.
I managed to get it all working but it happened again and now the screen just goes black.
Anyone else had this issue?

2022-12-8
Use props
fansd399a541
lvl.1

United States

I had that issue once, had to recharge and reboot the Smart Controller. I really want to buy a standard Air 2S controller for backup, but I cant find anywhere on DJI's site to do that!
2022-12-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansd399a541 Posted at 12-9 07:38
I had that issue once, had to recharge and reboot the Smart Controller. I really want to buy a standard Air 2S controller for backup, but I cant find anywhere on DJI's site to do that!

I've seen several RC-N1 controllers listed on eBay and Facebook marketplace.  Seems quite a few available to due drone flying away and not getting it replaced so they are selling controller and spare batteries.
2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . If the said remote controller is already out of warranty, we suggest purchasing a new one as the price of the repair is more likely the same as when you buy a new RC. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-9
Use props
fans3b53ac23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1045213 ft
France

I had the same problem yesterday.
I fully lost the link between my Controller RC and my DJI Mini 3 pro. Fortunately it occurred while my drone was only a few meters from me.
No more image (what I previously experienced but, that time, I’d been able to force a RTH), but, much much more serious, this time I had no more action on the drone itself !!! No way to do anything !
Stuck as I was, I took the risk to shut down the controller and turned it on again. No more link at all (as shown on the picture I join to this post)
So, as I was in a "comfortable" position (my drone only a few meters from me and above suitable ground) I waited for the battery to empty and was convinced it would just shut down an fall next to me.
But after about 20 minutes hovering next to me, my Mini 3 Pro started a perfectly normal RTH procedure and I go my drone back on the ground in good conditions a few hundred meters back.
In fact, I consider myself very very lucky.
But I don't want that situation to happen again, of course.
What was the problem? Was the controller or the drone (or both) responsable?
I bought my drone combo on may 19, 2022. What should I do? Send it back to DJI for repair (or replacement)?
If so, how do I proceed?
Thank you for any help anyone can give me.

2022-12-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the late response. In this case, we highly recommend you send the unit in for proper diagnostics. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansd399a541 Posted at 2022-12-9 07:38
I had that issue once, had to recharge and reboot the Smart Controller. I really want to buy a standard Air 2S controller for backup, but I cant find anywhere on DJI's site to do that!

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the late response. The standard remote controller (RC-N1) for the DJI Air 2s is not available on our store website. You may want to check the DJI RC or DJI RC pro as both of these newly released controllers are compatible with your DJI Air 2s. You may also want to check the link below to see if you can purchase a standard RC for your aircraft. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2023-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules