New Mini 3 has again legs?
2225 15 2022-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Bulgaria

Did you notice the mini 3 has again legs, does this mean there is some issue with the connectivity due to the missing legs in mini 3 pro. Really curious to see the first comparison tests...
2022-12-9
Use props
AK_90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3152241 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it's because it's the O2 system as well as it's better for beginners which this drone is being marketed as an entry beginner drone.
2022-12-9
Use props
AK_90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3152241 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it's because it's the O2 system as well as it's better for beginners which this drone is being marketed as an entry beginner drone.
2022-12-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Suspect they've put the antennas back in there to give better coverage.
Although it seems its O2 instead of O3 for some reason.
2022-12-9
Use props
RCCrawlerVenezuela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280994 ft
Venezuela

I think it's basically a cost issue and making more of a difference with the Mini 3 Pro.

They added the O2 system that works only with two antennas and the most efficient way in which the O2 works is with the two antennas installed on the legs, since from that point it can have an operating radius of 360.

On the other hand, O3 works with 4 antennas, which I believe are installed in each of the arms, so that in this way it can have 360 degree coverage of operation.
2022-12-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Whether or not it's because of changes to the comunication system and antennae I have no idea but do the legs act as legs on a flat surface or are they just 'stabilising wheels' for a 'kiddies learner bike'?
I didn't like the narrow undercarriage footprint of the Mini 3 Pro and this looks to be an improvement, even if they are just stabilisers.
2022-12-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-9 11:19
Whether or not it's because of changes to the  comunication system and antennae I have no idea but do the legs act as legs on a flat surface or are they just 'stabilising wheels' for a 'kiddies learner bike'?
I didn't like the narrow undercarriage footprint of the Mini 3 Pro and this looks to be an improvement, even if they are just stabilisers.

i agree, regardless of their primary function (which i believe is antennae), the leg extension 3rd party aftermarket is going to boom and these will be defacto stabilizers because drone owners are gullible and will think they actually need them.

at least it gives you a good place to mount strobes.
2022-12-9
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

I'd say the legs are also there to lift the fragile gimbal away from the ground. I'd have preferred this design in the M3P but I guess I am just careful. That gimbal is very low to the ground on landing...
2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 3 is the most latest drone of DJI and the design is different compared to the DJI Mini 3 Pro. We will also coordinate this inquiry of yours to our designated team for further clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you.
2022-12-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Bulgaria

AK_90 Posted at 12-9 10:31

in that case it seems that is the reason - the O2 use of only 2 antennas, tbh didn't read the full specs, thought it is the same connection type. i guess not, most probably a lot cheaper that way.
2022-12-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the review Ian in London did it showed video glitches at 200m so no improvement yet.  
2022-12-11
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 12-9 10:33
Suspect they've put the antennas back in there to give better coverage.
Although it seems its O2 instead of O3 for some reason.

I suspect, under the new frame, it's just a Mini 2 with a Mini 3 Pro camera (but limited by the Mini 2 electronics).  Much like the Mini SE is just the Mini 1 in Mini 2 drag....
2022-12-11
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Short answer - yes.
2022-12-11
Use props
Fernado
lvl.2

Portugal

I believe that the true reason may be the inverse. The legs (and embedded antennas) were possibly planned but dropped from the 3 pro due to a compromise given weight constraints and the assumption that O3  could compensate the loss... What does not seem the case, at least at full. The mini 3 is has less components and it is therefore lighter, the extra leg weight not being a problem. Just my 2 cents...
2023-2-15
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

No not really. They just bring the old O2 transmission on board the Mini 3 so they need to place the antennas in the legs.
2023-2-23
Use props
Element115
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

If they had put the antennas further away from the main body on the M3Pro, it would have much better TRP/TIS.  O2 or O3 does not dictate where the antennas are installed.  Also 4 vs 2 antennas doesn't change the fact that the antennas further away from any electronics or metal parts helps with Rx/Tx.
2023-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules