Very strange company policy
1192 9 2022-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6da70f97
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1238383 ft
Thailand

Bought today mini 3 pro, with extra package(fly more kit).  When I came home and was wildly surprised that there was no charger.  The battery manual instructs you to use only DJI-compatible chargers.  Where is the description of these compatible devices?  Why do I, as a client, have to understand the details of electrics, voltage and other technical information?  Why should I pay a good amount of money and not be able to use a $15 charger????  Why can't you put it in a bag?  I now have to wait 2 weeks for the delivery of the original device (not being able to fly), so as not to burn the house and not lose the warranty by charging with a non-original charger.  

Who is this strange person in the company who made such a decision and makes me suffer and feel uncomfortable?  Or does the company have a shortage of wires and plastics for the production of chargers?
2022-12-10
Use props
Ken H
lvl.2
Flight distance : 822484 ft
United States

I don't think it's mandatory to use their charger.  I use a 45watt phone charger and have had no issues.  I have used a 65 watt charger when traveling so I am not taking multiple chargers but a 45 watt is watt I use the most and I believe is recommended.  That or less wattage but then it's takes longer.  
2022-12-10
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to calm down a little, they provide you a USB PD cable, use any Type C PD charger. Use the USB power adaptor that came with your phone if you really want.
2022-12-10
Use props
fans6da70f97
lvl.2
Thailand

Why not make a list of suitable chargers, for example: Apple 30watt, Samsung 20 watt…e.t.c Why should I pay good money and guess what charger I should charge and play Russian roulette: will my drone burn out, and will I void my warranty  , but will there be a fire if I charge and go to bed.  All this information should be exhaustively present on paper with examples, if in the 21st century it is so difficult to make a charger for $15 and put it in a kit priced above $1000.

If any chargers work, then why is there a separate charger for Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro?  Does my Apple charger fit?  Where are the answers to these questions?
2022-12-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I'm sorry to read about this feedback and for any inconvenience caused. Please be advised that the DJI Mini 3 Pro DJI 30W USB-C Charger and Two-Way Charging Hub are both optional accessories. Please rest assured that even if the DJI Mini 3 Pro does not come with a power adapter it can be charged with other USB Power Delivery chargers.
2022-12-10
Use props
fans6da70f97
lvl.2
Thailand

I understand, but then the company must help the customer and conduct extensive tests to indicate suitable adapters for charging.  I have a 30 watt Apple charger, USB-PD format.  Output power in the photo.  How should I know if it fits or not?  I am not an electrical expert.  And if the drone burns out, then you tell me sorry, you charged it with the wrong adapter.  But where should I get a list of suitable adapters?  Or is it such an adventure for the buyer?  Buy a drone, watch a ton of adapter review videos, join a forum looking for tips?  Is it all a positive experience?
83EF563B-9B33-4FA7-A062-8E949019C97C.jpeg
2022-12-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans6da70f97 Posted at 12-10 16:20
I understand, but then the company must help the customer and conduct extensive tests to indicate suitable adapters for charging.  I have a 30 watt Apple charger, USB-PD format.  Output power in the photo.  How should I know if it fits or not?  I am not an electrical expert.  And if the drone burns out, then you tell me sorry, you charged it with the wrong adapter.  But where should I get a list of suitable adapters?  Or is it such an adventure for the buyer?  Buy a drone, watch a ton of adapter review videos, join a forum looking for tips?  Is it all a positive experience?

Hello. Thank you for your feedback. Please be advised that this information regarding chargers is also available on our official website. You may refer to this link and the image below: https://www.dji.com/mini-3-pro/specs Should you have further concerns, please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.

2022-12-10
Use props
fans6da70f97
lvl.2
Thailand

Looks like everything ok;) Sorry for emotions guys, with my OCD I like everything is just right, in right order and so on)))
EC22E5BD-3B83-4865-A995-96D437D64D3D.jpeg
2022-12-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans6da70f97 Posted at 12-10 20:13
Looks like everything ok;) Sorry for emotions guys, with my OCD I like everything is just right, in right order and so on)))

All is well that ends well.  Enjoy your Mini 3 Pro.
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-11 05:15
All is well that ends well.  Enjoy your Mini 3 Pro.

Glad to know everything's okay. As always, should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we are always here to help. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2022-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules