Avata Downward Vision Sensor Error & Trouble Calibrating in DJI A...
4830 17 2022-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kRzGPH7DQkwL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1412949 ft
United States

I am trying to calibrate my Avata because I keep getting an error saying "Downward Vision Sensor Error '' in the goggles. The error won't go away and the drone is sometimes having trouble landing due to the "sensor error".

I am also having trouble calibrating my Avata in DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series). I have the most up to date version of the program. Once I get the drone plugged in and the system going, the "Calibrate Now" button stays greyed out and unclickable and the loading wheel next to it keeps spinning.

I will attach a picture of what I see. My lap top is a macOS running Montery version 12.6.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of the "Downward Vision Sensor Error" or get DJI Assistant 2 to calibrate the Avata?

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.42.06 PM.png
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing. Here are some recommendations you may try:
1. Go to your Drive/Finder, find a drive named “VISION” or a drive with a yellow exclamation mark in “Device Manager”, and reinstall it.
2. Open the “Device Manager” and open each drop-down menu. Find the drive named “VISION”. Open and select “Update Driver Software."
3. Select “Browse the computer for driver software” and tap “Browse” to find the Drivers file folder under DJI Assistant 2 software installation directory.
4. Select “Next”, and the drive will start installation until the prompt for installation completion appears. After the driver installation has finished, the yellow exclamation mark in the Device Manager List will also disappear.
5. Go to Device Manager and check whether the drive has an exclamation mark (for example C1, MTP, etc.) Use the same method for reinstallation.
6. After installation, restart the computer and reconnect the DJI Assistant 2, and recalibrate.
If the same issue remains, you may consider using another computer preferably Windows, if possible.
Kindly keep us updated. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2022-12-12
Use props
djiuser_kRzGPH7DQkwL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1412949 ft
United States

DJI Tony,

Thank you for your response but I am unable to find a "VISION" or "Device Manager" in my drive/finder. Are you able to direct me to them?
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_kRzGPH7DQkwL Posted at 12-13 08:39
DJI Tony,

Thank you for your response but I am unable to find a "VISION" or "Device Manager" in my drive/finder. Are you able to direct me to them?

Hi there. Upon further verification, this method is only applicable to Windows. Alternatively, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the software from your Mac. You may reinstall it from this link. Once reinstalled, please recalibrate the sensors again. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-14
Use props
yanto26619
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226198 ft
Indonesia

I have experienced a downward vision sensor error on the DJI AVATA, and have successfully calibrated it using the DJI Assistant2 consumer drone, but now my DJI AVATA is experiencing a downward vision sensor error again and when I calibrate it can't be the same as posting here. What do I have to do? Thank You
2023-6-1
Use props
yanto26619
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226198 ft
Indonesia

djiuser_kRzGPH7DQkwL Posted at 2022-12-13 08:39
DJI Tony,

has it been repaired? How to ?
2023-6-2
Use props
gearinvent
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135 ft
Argentina

I succeded with the vision, but know I cant calibrate imu
2023-7-5
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939347 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-12-12 20:54
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing. Here are some recommendations you may try:
1. Go to your Drive/Finder, find a drive named “VISION” or a drive with a yellow exclamation mark in “Device Manager”, and reinstall it.
2. Open the “Device Manager” and open each drop-down menu. Find the drive named “VISION”. Open and select “Update Driver Software."

Hi Tony

I am having the same downward vision sensor error on my avata and unable to run the calibration on DJI assistant 2 consumer drone series, latest version freshly installed 2.1.19 on Widows 11 and 2023 asus gaming laptop.

The calibration screen stalls after the 4 step tutorial with the calibrate now button greyed out and timer spinning.

I expanded every category in the device manager and can not find Vision to update the driver.
No yellow exclamation mark on any device in the device manager.

Do you have any other suggestions?
2023-9-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MRDroneRookie Posted at 9-7 15:09
Hi Tony

I am having the same downward vision sensor error on my avata and unable to run the calibration on DJI assistant 2 consumer drone series, latest version freshly installed 2.1.19 on Widows 11 and 2023 asus gaming laptop.

Hello there. Have you already tried reinstalling the DJI Assistant 2 or can you show us what you can see from your end?
2023-9-8
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939347 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 9-8 00:46
Hello there. Have you already tried reinstalling the DJI Assistant 2 or can you show us what you can see from your end?

Yes installed a freshly downloaded DJI assistant 2 yesterday after it didn't work on the one I had installed previously. Restarted the computer again and tied today, no luck.
Tried three different cables and Assistant 2 sees the avata but same result on the calibration screen.
Selected show hidden devices on the device manager and found  2 instances of Vision under libusb-win32 devices. Tried to update the driver on both vision devices pointing it to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)\Drivers\Drivers_Other\Vision and windows says the best driver is already installed. Device manager shows both Vision device status as currently this hardware is not connected to the computer. (code 45) Avata is connected and powered on. Tried with both DJI Assistant running and with it closed.
Did a refresh of the current avata firmware with the DJI assistant 2 and still the same result.
Screenshots below.

2023-9-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MRDroneRookie Posted at 9-8 16:36
Yes installed a freshly downloaded DJI assistant 2 yesterday after it didn't work on the one I had installed previously. Restarted the computer again and tied today, no luck.
Tried three different cables and Assistant 2 sees the avata but same result on the calibration screen.
Selected show hidden devices on the device manager and found  2 instances of Vision under libusb-win32 devices. Tried to update the driver on both vision devices pointing it to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)\Drivers\Drivers_Other\Vision and windows says the best driver is already installed. Device manager shows both Vision device status as currently this hardware is not connected to the computer. (code 45) Avata is connected and powered on. Tried with both DJI Assistant running and with it closed.

Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. We suggest sending the aircraft to us for further diagnosis. Please use the following link to contact our DJI Support for assistance or submit a repair request: https://www.dji.com/ca/support. I appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-10
Use props
Jako Bergson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 935427 ft
Estonia

I have same problem. Downward Vision Sensor Error (after minor crash), Calibration does not start ("Calibrate Now" button stays greyed out and unclickable and the loading wheel next to it keeps spinning.)
I tried multiple computers, Win10, Win11, PC with single monitor, notebook...
In Win 10, I see 9 instances "Vision (Interface 3)" in libusb-win32 devices (Device manager, Show hidden devices), non of them connected.
Is it Assistant problem, Win10 problem or I need to send my Avata to repair?
4-1 07:49
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jako Bergson Posted at 4-1 07:49
I have same problem. Downward Vision Sensor Error (after minor crash), Calibration does not start ("Calibrate Now" button stays greyed out and unclickable and the loading wheel next to it keeps spinning.)
I tried multiple computers, Win10, Win11, PC with single monitor, notebook...
In Win 10, I see 9 instances "Vision (Interface 3)" in libusb-win32 devices (Device manager, Show hidden devices), non of them connected.

Hi there. Sorry about what happened to your drone. We suggest sending the aircraft back to DJI after a crash to get it checked. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Please feel free to keep us posted if you have further concerns. Have a nice day.
4-2 01:07
Use props
Jako Bergson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 935427 ft
Estonia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-2 01:07
Hi there. Sorry about what happened to your drone. We suggest sending the aircraft back to DJI after a crash to get it checked. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Please feel free to keep us posted if you have further concerns. Have a nice day.

I also tried same computer but different Avata drone and Calibration works well - so it is my Avata (hardware) problem...
I filled in the Repair Application, got UPS label and tomorrow UPS will pick it up.
4-2 04:19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jako Bergson Posted at 4-2 04:19
I also tried same computer but different Avata drone and Calibration works well - so it is my Avata (hardware) problem...
I filled in the Repair Application, got UPS label and tomorrow UPS will pick it up.

I see. It may take 5 to 7 business days to repair your Avata after arriving at the facility but I hope you receive it sooner than expected. Have a great day ahead.
4-3 01:18
Use props
djiuser_nM8itZrtcZ9N
New

Chile

Hola soy de Chile, mi avata tambien presenta el mismo problema, no deja calibrar sensores y asi poder eliminar la " Falla de Sensor de Vision" tengo un amigo que tiene otro Avata y le ocurre lo mismo, intente volarlo con esta falla elevandose un metro y luego se estrello rompiendo las helices. En ambos drones conectamos el mismo RC para usarlo en modo Manual, tendra que ver el nuevo control remoto??
4-29 16:53
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_nM8itZrtcZ9N Posted at 4-29 16:53
Hola soy de Chile, mi avata tambien presenta el mismo problema, no deja calibrar sensores y asi poder eliminar la " Falla de Sensor de Vision" tengo un amigo que tiene otro Avata y le ocurre lo mismo, intente volarlo con esta falla elevandose un metro y luego se estrello rompiendo las helices. En ambos drones conectamos el mismo RC para usarlo en modo Manual, tendra que ver el nuevo control remoto??

Hi there. Have you already tried flying at a different time of the day? If the lighting is not sufficient and the vision systems are not available, the DJI app may prompt a warning stating “Lighting environment too dark. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.
4-30 01:38
Use props
djiuser_nM8itZrtcZ9N
New

Chile

DJI Tony Posted at 4-30 01:38
Hi there. Have you already tried flying at a different time of the day? If the lighting is not sufficient and the vision systems are not available, the DJI app may prompt a warning stating “Lighting environment too dark. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.

He intentado volar dia a toda hora y continua la falla, favor ayuda.
yesterday 17:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules