Osmo 6 Bad Video and worst support Ive ever experianced
5135 17 2022-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptFerd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247930 ft
United States

My number one complaint with this contraption is the poor video using the Mimo app (Very Choppy). Using the phones built in camera has perfect video but limits the abilities of the hand held features. Phone meets all the requirements. Ive also spent days trying to find the settings to load the files to the SD card and there seems to be no way to do it. By default it fills up the internal memory. There is no online support that I can find with detailed instructions on any settings information I’m trying to find. Just promotional video after video of advanced options for making videos with all the fancy features. That don’t help much when you cant get basic functions to work. I purchased this because I have the Mavic Mini 2 from DJI and love it to death. I felt I couldn’t go wrong buying anouther product from DJI but boy was I wrong. Cant even find a way to send it back but if I did it would be a day past the 14 day return policy. Wished my first post here could have been on a more positive note but just don’t feel I got my moneys worth.

I’m open for any solutions

2022-12-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Open a ticket or discuss with a tech on https://www.dji.com/support.  
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi CaptFerd, I am sorry to read about the issue you encountered, I understand your frustration. Regarding the video issue you encountered, could you please tell me the mobile device, the system version of your phone, and the DJI Mimo app version you are using? And could you please upload a sample video for me to check it further?
At the same time, please try to remove the current DJI Mimo app and download the latest version from our official website at https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo and try again (remember to back up the needed files of the DJI Mimo app before removing it).
Regarding your request of returning the product, may I know when and where did you purchase the Osmo Mobile 6? I would love to double-check for you.
To contact our support, you can use the link 2# provided, and tap the earphone icon on the right side, there is an entrance.
Hope this is informative for you.

2022-12-13
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Same here......
2022-12-14
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Friends, you should relax. You have two options: buy an iPhone or throw Osmo away.
I have been using DJI since OM3. And the Mimo app NEVER worked correctly. All the branches of this forum about Osmo and the Mimo branch in the Apps section are inundated with complaints. DJI don't care Android users ...
2022-12-14
Use props
CaptFerd
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-13 17:30
Hi CaptFerd, I am sorry to read about the issue you encountered, I understand your frustration. Regarding the video issue you encountered, could you please tell me the mobile device, the system version of your phone, and the DJI Mimo app version you are using? And could you please upload a sample video for me to check it further?
At the same time, please try to remove the current DJI Mimo app and download the latest version from our official website at https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo and try again (remember to back up the needed files of the DJI Mimo app before removing it).
Regarding your request of returning the product, may I know when and where did you purchase the Osmo Mobile 6? I would love to double-check for you.

I purchased it from the DJI site 11/28/22. I chatted with a computer or a person at the link you suggested. There is no option for routing files to the SD card through the app. I was told that the gimbal is basically a stand only that the video quality has to do with the app and the phones ability to process video through the app. They are going to look into the problem and get back. The phone is an LG Stylo 5 Android 9.0. I have another exact Stylo 5 phone that I use to fly my DJI Mini 2 and it works excellent. I would like to keep it if they work out the bugs but honestly feel that their advertisements for this product are very over exaggerated and miss leading. Ill try to attach a video soon. Thanks for your help and concern by the way.
2022-12-14
Use props
CaptFerd
lvl.1
United States

Dryvise Posted at 12-14 07:32
Friends, you should relax. You have two options: buy an iPhone or throw Osmo away.
I have been using DJI since OM3. And the Mimo app NEVER worked correctly. All the branches of this forum about Osmo and the Mimo branch in the Apps section are inundated with complaints. DJI don't care Android users ...

You are so right. Relax hard for me but Im trying and I went out and bought an apple. Helps alot

. WIN_20221214_10_57_41_Pro (2).jpg
2022-12-14
Use props
skidude48
lvl.1

United States

CaptFerd, I am right there with you.  The OSMO Mobile 6 is total crap...DO NOT BUY!!!
2022-12-15
Use props
skidude48
lvl.1

United States

This contraption does not work for me either.  I have spent countless hours trying to resolve issues.  I have an iPhone; DJI falsely advertises that upon opening the gimbal and iPhone attached, the app will automatically open and be ready to shoot.....NOT!  Also, I have been able to transfer files to my mac
2022-12-15
Use props
skidude48
lvl.1

United States

P.S. I can transfer files but whatever the Memo app file format uses are automatically converted to .MP4, a more compressed format which I don't use for that reason (the conversion is EXTREMELY SLOW).  I only use .mov. and there seems to be no way to select .mov or any other format.

I agree that there is zero to no help from DJI.  I did contact customer support via phone several times but the offshore workers did not have command of the English language, nor were they properly trained on the product.  I gave up!  I also found this forum, but no help here either.

I am returning this POS!!!!
2022-12-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

skidude48 Posted at 12-15 11:20
P.S. I can transfer files but whatever the Memo app file format uses are automatically converted to .MP4, a more compressed format which I don't use for that reason (the conversion is EXTREMELY SLOW).  I only use .mov. and there seems to be no way to select .mov or any other format.

I agree that there is zero to no help from DJI.  I did contact customer support via phone several times but the offshore workers did not have command of the English language, nor were they properly trained on the product.  I gave up!  I also found this forum, but no help here either.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will check this problem asap. We have sent you a PM to confirm more details with you, could you please have a look?
Thank you.
2022-12-16
Use props
CaptFerd
lvl.1
United States

skidude48 Posted at 12-15 11:09
This contraption does not work for me either.  I have spent countless hours trying to resolve issues.  I have an iPhone; DJI falsely advertises that upon opening the gimbal and iPhone attached, the app will automatically open and be ready to shoot.....NOT!  Also, I have been able to transfer files to my mac

My hours still adding up I feel your pane.
2022-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CaptFerd Posted at 12-14 07:51
I purchased it from the DJI site 11/28/22. I chatted with a computer or a person at the link you suggested. There is no option for routing files to the SD card through the app. I was told that the gimbal is basically a stand only that the video quality has to do with the app and the phones ability to process video through the app. They are going to look into the problem and get back. The phone is an LG Stylo 5 Android 9.0. I have another exact Stylo 5 phone that I use to fly my DJI Mini 2 and it works excellent. I would like to keep it if they work out the bugs but honestly feel that their advertisements for this product are very over exaggerated and miss leading. Ill try to attach a video soon. Thanks for your help and concern by the way.

I am deeply sorry for the belated reply. May I know if the issue is solved or not? Please keep us updated with the video. I had sent you a PM as well, please check it when you are at your convenience.
And there is indeed a compatibility issue, you may try to record videos using the stock camera, and use the gimbal as a stabilizer. Or you may try to use another device. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2022-12-20
Use props
djiuser_KORxCErR45Nj
New

Israel

I have same problem.I have iphone 14 pro and video direct iphone better then video with DJI mimo.
Please support.
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_KORxCErR45Nj Posted at 8-13 11:29
I have same problem.I have iphone 14 pro and video direct iphone better then video with DJI mimo.
Please support.

Hi there. Sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please send us a sample footage showing the issue so we can check it further? In addition, what specific DJI products are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-8-26
Use props
Chipperlad
New

United Kingdom

Hi I am having the same issue with video playback not being smooth at all and almost unusable, I have uploaded the app and it worked fine for one video then went back to poor quality. I am using iPhone 13 ISO 17.0.3
Please help sort this out
2023-10-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Chipperlad Posted at 10-21 11:25
Hi I am having the same issue with video playback not being smooth at all and almost unusable, I have uploaded the app and it worked fine for one video then went back to poor quality. I am using iPhone 13 ISO 17.0.3
Please help sort this out

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble. Please upload the video via Google Drive then send the link here so we can check it further. Also, please confirm what specific DJI product are you using. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-10-23
Use props
lao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 721496 ft
Peru

When will you stop ignoring your customers and fix the dji mimo app? If you can make incredible drones, how hard can it be to make a video app that works as well as the phones' stock apps?

There's been complaints for years and you keep telling people to reconnect to Bluetooth

So frustrating not to be able to use active track on a gimbal I've just spent $150 on and was so excited about..
4-12 20:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules