Mavic 3T - POI & QuickTransfer is a MUST
2165 6 2022-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RMKHFD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25925 ft
United States

Hey guys, wondering what you think about this suggestion.

With the Mavic 3 you are able to do a lot of cool and fun features that you just don't really need on a enterprise drone specifically for Thermal and S&R. But I do believe some of these cool features would benefit the Mavic 3T and 3E. I have owned a Mavic 3 and now currently own a Mavic 3T, and so far what I am missing specifically is the QuickTransfer & POI. I use this drone for Fire and EMS and being able to select a building or a set area and having the ability to 360(POI) the building is great so I can focus on looking at the fire and surrounding rather than flying. QuickTransfer was also AMAZING on the Mavic 3, the ease of transferring files to my phone and then be able to quickly send them out as needed was great, now I have to remove the sd card and physically put it in my computer or tablet which takes much more time and less convenient.

Just wondering about you guys thoughts on this. Let me know what you think!

Also we need a Mavic 3 Enterprise Category
2022-12-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,

I don't know how you use your drone on fires or in EMS, but personally I prohibit any automatic mode in this kind of circumstance. The objective is simple, not to add another accident to the current situation. I trust the anti-collision system, but not enough to let it operate on its own in these conditions. At night it's not even worth thinking about.
2022-12-13
Use props
RMKHFD
lvl.1
United States

It is not like I am putting the controller on the floor it is definitely in my hand, as long as I am above all other objects (I usually give myself a additional 50 - 100 ft from tallest nearby object or building) I don’t see a problem with it doing a circle around a scene. I’ve used it at scenes already where I am constantly doing 360s manually, I do feel like it is something that I would at least try and see how it feels and how safe I feel with it on auto, I also use this drone for other purposes that the POI would be great in.
2022-12-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

RMKHFD Posted at 12-13 11:23
It is not like I am putting the controller on the floor it is definitely in my hand, as long as I am above all other objects (I usually give myself a additional 50 - 100 ft from tallest nearby object or building) I don’t see a problem with it doing a circle around a scene. I’ve used it at scenes already where I am constantly doing 360s manually, I do feel like it is something that I would at least try and see how it feels and how safe I feel with it on auto, I also use this drone for other purposes that the POI would be great in.

I do exactly like you, but manually. I do not know of a colleague who uses automatic modes in these situations.
2022-12-13
Use props
RMKHFD
lvl.1
United States

There are definitely other types of situations and jobs that I would use POI rather than fires. Would be nice to have the feature though.

Really interested in QuickTransfer
2022-12-13
Use props
pburns
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266991 ft
United States

I totally agree on the Mavic 3 Enterprise Category.  Does anyone know how to change the storage location on the current firmware for the Mavic 3E?
2022-12-14
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI's silence on this issue with the M3E is unbelievable. So many owners of the M3E/M3T have complained about the lack of basic features and DJI just ignores them or tells them to buy a Mavic 3 that does have them. This attitude has really changed my opinion on DJI. I thought I had purchased a commercial grade drone that would put others to shame. Instead, I ended up with a great drone that DJI is intentionally handicapping. The original Mavic 3 was rushed out too early and released without half of the features it has today. Everything that us M3E owners are mad about could be fixed with with a single firmware update. I won't hold my breath though. The people with DJI support are in a tough spot because they know this practice is wrong, but what can they do about it?  We have to stay on them about this. YOU CANT JUST IGNORE YOUR CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS DJI!

I know they are hearing us, but they're not listening.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=281230&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D564%26typeid%3D564
2022-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules