4936 9 2022-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI / Folks,

I have a regular charging hub that came with Mavic 3 Cine package ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mavic-3-battery-charging-hub ) , but I noticed there is now another charging hub available rated for 100W charging power ( https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... attery-charging-hub ).

However, both of these charging hubs are rated at up to 20 volts and 5 amps, hence it seems they are the same ( 20 volts * 5 amps = 100 watts. )

Regular charging hub:

Specifications

Operating Temperature: 5° to 40° C (41° to 104° F)

Input: 5-20 V, max 5 A

100Watt charging hub:

Specifications

Operating Temperature: 5° to 40° C (41° to 104° F)

Input: 5-20 V, max 5 A

Since this is the Input power information max 20 V , max 5 A , guess it might not be that both of these are able to output 100 watts to the battery quick charging port, but wanted to check on this if someone got a chance to try it. I am considering buying 100 watt DJI power adapter, but wanted to check if I can just re-use my original regular charging hub or if I also need to buy the 100w hub to take advantage of the 100w charger.

Thanks in advance, MIke.

2022-12-13
Use props
MaxP4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I just bought the 100W charger. In my opinion, the most important thing is this: "Output power: 100W (When both ports are used, the maximum output power of each port is 82W, and the charger will dynamically assign the output power of the two ports according to to the power load."
This allows you to connect two charging hubs while maintaining fast charge times.
Unfortunately delivery is in January... as soon as it arrives I'll try it.
2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, Mike. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. You may use the  DJI Mavic 3 Series 65W Battery Charging Hub with the DJI 100W USB-C Power Adapter. The Mavic 3 Battery Charging Hub, USB PD3.0 PPS protocol standard supports up to 88W charging power; USB PD3.0 protocol standard supports up to 65W charging power. Charging hub: The USB PD3.0 fast charge protocol is supported, but the QC protocol is not supported. I hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-14
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MaxP4 Posted at 12-14 02:49
I just bought the 100W charger. In my opinion, the most important thing is this: "Output power: 100W (When both ports are used, the maximum output power of each port is 82W, and the charger will dynamically assign the output power of the two ports according to to the power load."
This allows you to connect two charging hubs while maintaining fast charge times.
Unfortunately delivery is in January... as soon as it arrives I'll try it.

Got it, thank you for the info Max.

Best Regards, Mike.
2022-12-14
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 03:02
Hello, Mike. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. You may use the  DJI Mavic 3 Series 65W Battery Charging Hub with the DJI 100W USB-C Power Adapter. The Mavic 3 Battery Charging Hub, USB PD3.0 PPS protocol standard supports up to 88W charging power; USB PD3.0 protocol standard supports up to 65W charging power. Charging hub: The USB PD3.0 fast charge protocol is supported, but the QC protocol is not supported. I hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank you DJI Gamora. Got it now, seems the 100 Watt  charger and 100 watt hub support Quick Charge protocol that regular charger / hub don't , hence the 100 watt charger and 100 watt hub support 100 Watt output to battery. Thank you for the detailed info and clarification on this.

Take care, Mike.
2022-12-14
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409948 ft
  • >>>
United States

Using "fast chargers" with higher than OEM watt chargers tend to heat up the batteries.  This is not good.  Fast chargers should ONLY be used while out in the field and trying to charge quickly.  90% of your charging should be done through the OEM charger to maintain proper battery health.
2022-12-14
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

OJsakila Posted at 12-14 12:06
Using "fast chargers" with higher than OEM watt chargers tend to heat up the batteries.  This is not good.  Fast chargers should ONLY be used while out in the field and trying to charge quickly.  90% of your charging should be done through the OEM charger to maintain proper battery health.

Hi Ojsakila,

This is though DJI official charging hub with 100 watt rating specifically designed for Mavic 3 drones and the regular hub also uses fast charging protocol just lower wattage (65 watt vs 100 watt). For 65 watt is uses USB Power Delivery 3.0 and for 100 watt it's Quick Charge protocol. Both of these are DJI certified chargers and both are considered fast chargers. But I also heard that fast charging degrades batteries faster than slow charging in general when it comes to LIPO batteries. The only thing is fast charging is the future and don't think anyone would be willing to charge batteries slower than what 65 watt charging hug / charger offer, it would mean many hours to charge each battery. Imho by the time the battery degrades too much, there will already by a new drone, i.e. Mavic 4. But I agree with you that fast charging is worse for LIPO batteries than low watt slow / "normal" charging.

Take care, Mike.
2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mzp Posted at 12-14 11:31
Thank you DJI Gamora. Got it now, seems the 100 Watt  charger and 100 watt hub support Quick Charge protocol that regular charger / hub don't , hence the 100 watt charger and 100 watt hub support 100 Watt output to battery. Thank you for the detailed info and clarification on this.

Take care, Mike.

Hi, Mike. You're welcome. I'm glad that I was able to help. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support. Happy flying!
2022-12-17
Use props
MaxP4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

The 100W charger has just arrived (strange for DJI but 15 days early) and I must say that it looks very good, it is definitely solid and heavy, nothing to do with the standard 65W charger ...and the battery charge actually seems to be faster.
2022-12-22
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MaxP4 Posted at 12-22 09:50
The 100W charger has just arrived (strange for DJI but 15 days early) and I must say that it looks very good, it is definitely solid and heavy, nothing to do with the standard 65W charger ...and the battery charge actually seems to be faster.

That's great news Max. Glad to hear you got yours and getting faster charging.  I am thinking of getting one too for myself.

Take care, Mike.
2022-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules