Dynamic Home Point on Android DJI GO 2.0.1
1065 4 2015-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amadeus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202287 ft
Italy

On my galaxy tab 3 7.0 I tried many times to set the "Dynamic Home Point" without any result..

If I press the aircrft home point, after the confirmation of the related message, nothing happens.
When I press the mobile device home point, the related message tells me that the tablet gps signal is weak and so, again, nothing happens.
I want to clarify that the aircraft gps results regularly locked. Strongly locked the gps of the tablet too!!

May be that these functions are not correctly implemented on the DJI GO 2.0.1?
Have you had the opportunity to try them?
2015-8-15
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Dynamic home point only works if ur device has gps and cellular data plan
2015-8-15
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

FYI: you don't need cellular data plan for the set home to controller to work...

But you do need GPS in the tablet/phone (And have it turned on, obviously)

Having said that it can take a while for non-cellular tablets to get a GPS fix a they use the information from the cell network to get the initial general location which speeds up satellite acquisition quite a bit.

The other thing I saw on a friends tablet is he'd disabled all location services so that 'The government couldn't spy on him'.  And then wondered why location services for the P3 and mapping didn't work. Duh. ;-)

2015-8-15
Use props
amadeus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202287 ft
Italy

Ok, thanks, but I propose again my simple question:

have you tried these features (i.e. the two dynaminc home point) on the android DJI GO 2.0.1?
Do they work regularly?
2015-8-16
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

kiwichrish Posted at 2015-8-16 15:39
FYI: you don't need cellular data plan for the set home to controller to work...

But you do need GP ...

Let me re phrase;
If u want flawless dynamic home point then your mobile device needs GPS and cellular data
2015-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules