3099 34 2022-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mazurekbart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369918 ft
Poland

Hello everyone,

Some time ago I noticed that there are blurred areas in photos and videos taken with DJI Air 2S, especially in the center of the frame. This is so annoying that when photographing buildings you can see a blurred spots

I've read previous threads about this issue but haven't found any answers with a solution. Has anyone sent a drone to varranty claim?

Here, you Can see sample images with blurry spots:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1v5c4oVOa7aH9uk2uTHmuS0bUluDiToyi?usp=share_link

2022-12-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Have to tried using Manual Focus instead of Auto?
2022-12-18
Use props
mazurekbart
lvl.2
Poland

Suren Posted at 12-18 12:31
Have to tried using Manual Focus instead of Auto?

Yes, on manual the same situation
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, mazurekbart. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We have forwarded the link with your files to our relevant team for further checking. We will get back to you once we received an update.  In the meantime, you may try these steps and check if there are any differences:

• Check whether the lens is dirty. We recommend wiping the lens with a wet tissue.
• Please make sure the firmware version is the latest; if not, please update it. If yes, please try to refresh the firmware.
• Please keep the shooting target within the focus point. We recommend you fly your aircraft to a place where the shooting target is within the focus range shoot, and then view again.
• Reset the camera parameters in the app.
• If the issue persists after camera parameters are reset, please toggle to MF mode and slide the MF module. Check whether the picture becomes clear or blurry.
Thank you for your kind understanding.

2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, mazurekbart. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team that you may try to isolate the issue. You may skip the steps if you already perform them.

1. Please find an object with clear textures. Ensure that the relative distance between the aircraft and the subject captured is fixed. Take a photo when the object is in the clear position of the lens, and take another photo when the subject is in a blurry location. Compare these two photos for confirmation. Alternatively, place the same object in a clear and blurry position with the same distances. Then, take photos for comparison.
2. Confirm the camera parameter settings. Try to reset the camera parameters.
3. Check whether there is any foreign matter on the lens, such as a spot. Try to remove the filter or take a photo again after wiping the corresponding position.

We hope this helps. Happy Holidays!
2022-12-23
Use props
mazurekbart
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-12-23 23:37
Hi, mazurekbart. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team that you may try to isolate the issue. You may skip the steps if you already perform them.

1. Please find an object with clear textures. Ensure that the relative distance between the aircraft and the subject captured is fixed. Take a photo when the object is in the clear position of the lens, and take another photo when the subject is in a blurry location. Compare these two photos for confirmation. Alternatively, place the same object in a clear and blurry position with the same distances. Then, take photos for comparison.

2023-1-20
Use props
mazurekbart
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-12-18 18:52
Hi, mazurekbart. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We have forwarded the link with your files to our relevant team for further checking. We will get back to you once we received an update.  In the meantime, you may try these steps and check if there are any differences:

• Check whether the lens is dirty. We recommend wiping the lens with a wet tissue.

Welcome back,

according to your instructions, I took a number of photos to confirm the existence of the defect. Unfortunately, on the right side of the frame you can still see a clear decrease in sharpness.

I decided to send the drone to the DJI service in Hungary. I am waiting for the service technicians' assessment. I am sending a few more photos that confirm the problem.
2023-1-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you are being way too particular there is nothing wrong with those pictures. The fact that you have to circle the supposed areas demonstrate this
2023-1-20
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-20 23:19
I think you are being way too particular there is nothing wrong with those pictures. The fact that you have to circle the supposed areas demonstrate this

If you download his photos in full resolution you can clearly see there is a soft spot slightly to the right in his photos. It is not normal.
2023-1-21
Use props
mazurekbart
lvl.2
Poland

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-20 23:19

I earn money from photos and my clients are not happy when they see such shots, this can't be fixed in Photoshop or Lightroom. Maybe it's fine for you, but there is a large group of DJI AIr 2S and DJI Mini 3 Pro users who have a similar problem. Since other drones can be of good quality, I expect my copy to be fine as well.
2023-1-21
Use props
mazurekbart
lvl.2
Poland

mazurekbart Posted at 1-21 01:14
I earn money from photos and my clients are not happy when they see such shots, this can't be fixed in Photoshop or Lightroom. Maybe it's fine for you, but there is a large group of DJI AIr 2S and DJI Mini 3 Pro users who have a similar problem. Since other drones can be of good quality, I expect my copy to be fine as well.

Of course! I took a lot of photos and there wasn't a single one where I didn't notice this blurred point..
2023-1-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You are supposed to look at the Picture overall. That is what people do not home into specific points.... As I said I think you are looking for issues...... Off you go now to the whole joy of sending it back and then finding fault with the new one and so on.
2023-1-21
Use props
mazurekbart
lvl.2
Poland

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-21 06:37
You are supposed to look at the Picture overall. That is what people do not home into specific points.... As I said I think you are looking for issues...... Off you go now to the whole joy of sending it back and then finding fault with the new one and so on.

I can see that you don't understand at all ... if I receive a defective product, I have every right to receive help ... If it's not a problem for you, it's your business. The facts are that the issue is there and it shows on every photo I take. For amateur flying, perhaps it would not be a big problem, for me it is.. In this post, I expected help on the case, if you have nothing to add, then maybe we'll our discussion..
2023-1-21
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

mazurekbart Posted at 1-21 06:50
I can see that you don't understand at all ... if I receive a defective product, I have every right to receive help ... If it's not a problem for you, it's your business. The facts are that the issue is there and it shows on every photo I take. For amateur flying, perhaps it would not be a big problem, for me it is.. In this post, I expected help on the case, if you have nothing to add, then maybe we'll our discussion..

There is clearly a problem with the camera/lens on your drone.
If I paid you money for doing a job I would not accept the result.
Your drone has a defect, and you need to contact DJI. They are usually very helpful and it is likely you will get a replacement drone.
If some people can not see that your photos have issues, that is their problem. Don't argue with them.
2023-1-21
Use props
mazurekbart
lvl.2
Poland

ArcticPhoto Posted at 1-21 07:41
There is clearly a problem with the camera/lens on your drone.
If I paid you money for doing a job I would not accept the result.
Your drone has a defect, and you need to contact DJI. They are usually very helpful and it is likely you will get a replacement drone.

The drone is already on the DJI service, so I'm waiting for a diagnosis and I hope my case will be considered positively. You're right, some people don't see it and we won't do anything about it!
2023-1-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mazurekbart Posted at 1-21 08:03
The drone is already on the DJI service, so I'm waiting for a diagnosis and I hope my case will be considered positively. You're right, some people don't see it and we won't do anything about it!

You will get another one and I am certain you will be dissatisfied with that.

The world needs less of this waste just because you or your customers are way to particular.
2023-1-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mazurekbart Posted at 1-21 06:50
I can see that you don't understand at all ... if I receive a defective product, I have every right to receive help ... If it's not a problem for you, it's your business. The facts are that the issue is there and it shows on every photo I take. For amateur flying, perhaps it would not be a big problem, for me it is.. In this post, I expected help on the case, if you have nothing to add, then maybe we'll our discussion..

I am afraid it is you that does not understand. If you had indeed received a defective product I would agree with you. If it is not good enough in your view simply because you are way too particular then it is not defective now is it.

Just wasteful people thinking that things are not good enough for them.
As for the post and thread. You came on what is a public forum it would apear that you only wanted to hear from people that agree with you........... Well that is not how this forum or indeed life is. People are allowed to geve their opinion.

Good luck with the exchange/repair
2023-1-21
Use props
mazurekbart
lvl.2
Poland

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-21 10:05
You will get another one and I am certain you will be dissatisfied with that.

The world needs less of this waste just because you or your customers are way to particular.

I have the right to demand the right quality. A blurry circle in the middle is not an indicator of quality.. This conversation does not make any sense..keep your thoughts to yourself, they add nothing to this thread
2023-1-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mazurekbart Posted at 1-21 10:14
I have the right to demand the right quality. A blurry circle in the middle is not an indicator of quality.. This conversation does not make any sense..keep your thoughts to yourself, they add nothing to this thread

Firstly What right do you think you have to tell others to not post their comments..... I will answer for you. You have not right what so ever.
Secondly you have no right to Demand anything. Demanding normally does not help. You say it is poor quality I think otherwise..... So what makes you right and me wrong.  

I don't see any blurry circle anywhere in your photo. All I see is your shape trying to show people the perceived problem...... Why not ask people without you highlighting.

Are you aware of the saying a Bad workman blames his tools.

Further if you do in fact use your drone for business then I would suggest you need more than one and perhaps spend a bit more on a higher end product. Most businesses of any standing will recoup the cost of a drone in their first project.

Looks like you are new to DJI so I say again good luck with your wasteful warranty claim
2023-1-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Further. People who are way too particular causing this waste just add cost to the drone industry which is of course passed on to all other customers so we all have the right to comment.

I am sure you will however think other wise. Certain people always do

2023-1-21
Use props
mazurekbart
lvl.2
Poland

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-21 11:15
Further. People who are way too particular causing this waste just add cost to the drone industry which is of course passed on to all other customers so we all have the right to comment.

I am sure you will however think other wise. Certain people always do

Well, just because you don't see a problem doesn't mean there isn't one. I did not ask for an artistic evaluation of these photos, because they were not taken for this purpose. If you haven't noticed, I've also uploaded photos without the circle marked.

If you're viewing photos on a small screen, it's true that you'll have a hard time seeing the problem. However, my photos are printed in a large format and this is noticeable..

I could convince you that I'm right, but why? You have spoken, and your answer has not added anything to the thread, and you keep trying to convince me of your reasons..

I'm new here, but I know you very well from posting similar nonsense in other threads.

As for your second statement ... there is such a thing as a manufacturing defect ... Such things happen and I don't blame DJI. If the manufacturer gives me the right to a warranty, I can use it and that's what I did. Fortunately, you're not a service technician and your statements don't matter.

If you don't have a problem with your drones, that's great, good for you! But don't tell others what to do! My case is not the only one and you know it perfectly well looking at your other statements

You're wasting my time, that's why this is my last message.
2023-1-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

mazurekbart Posted at 1-21 11:27
Well, just because you don't see a problem doesn't mean there isn't one. I did not ask for an artistic evaluation of these photos, because they were not taken for this purpose. If you haven't noticed, I've also uploaded photos without the circle marked.

If you're viewing photos on a small screen, it's true that you'll have a hard time seeing the problem. However, my photos are printed in a large format and this is noticeable..

You have every right to expect to get what you pay for. This particular drone is not it. Warranty for sure. If DJI gets enough of these returned, they WILL up the QC!!!
2023-1-21
Use props
mazurekbart
lvl.2
Poland

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-21 12:02
You have every right to expect to get what you pay for. This particular drone is not it. Warranty for sure. If DJI gets enough of these returned, they WILL up the QC!!!

Of course! You cannot pass by such matters indifferently, because as customers we can expect appropriate quality.
2023-1-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Report back when you get your return
2023-1-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

mazurekbart Posted at 1-20 05:09
Welcome back,

according to your instructions, I took a number of photos to confirm the existence of the defect. Unfortunately, on the right side of the frame you can still see a clear decrease in sharpness.

Hi. mazurekbart. Thank you for sharing these photos and the update. Since the drone is already in the service center, we will let them handle this for you. If you need assistance with your case, please feel free to contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-1-21
Use props
mazurekbart
lvl.2
Poland

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-21 23:09
Report back when you get your return

Today I revieve a message from DJI that camera module was malfunctioned, which caused blur on photo.. As you can see, it was not my invention, but a real factory defect confirmed by DJI itself..
2023-1-23
Use props
smothero
New

Poland

mazurekbart Posted at 1-23 03:53
Today I revieve a message from DJI that camera module was malfunctioned, which caused blur on photo.. As you can see, it was not my invention, but a real factory defect confirmed by DJI itself..

Hi, I had the same problem as you. I sent the drone back to the service in Hungary, the damage to the sensor was confirmed and my photos looked much worse than yours. I received a new drone, on which the effect is even worse. I need to contact the service again to clarify the matter. What was the case with you, did you get a fully valuable product after reporting the problem?
2023-5-8
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

smothero Posted at 5-8 12:26
Hi, I had the same problem as you. I sent the drone back to the service in Hungary, the damage to the sensor was confirmed and my photos looked much worse than yours. I received a new drone, on which the effect is even worse. I need to contact the service again to clarify the matter. What was the case with you, did you get a fully valuable product after reporting the problem?

I suggest to resend back all the drones until you'll receive one that provide good shots. After receiving three bad drones, you should ask for a refund, threaten a lawsuit.
2023-5-9
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

mazurekbart Posted at 1-23 03:53
Today I revieve a message from DJI that camera module was malfunctioned, which caused blur on photo.. As you can see, it was not my invention, but a real factory defect confirmed by DJI itself..

You did the right thing.  I hooked my 50" screen up to my computer to see what this was all about and you were right.  There is a blurry spot.  You did the right thing.  If you are looking on a small computer screen like a laptop you are not going to see the small blurry spot necessarily.  So maybe everyone is right.  Enjoy your drone, I look forward to seeing your work you post if you post any of it.
2023-5-13
Use props
KJprotog
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, I have had this issue in 4 out of 5 Air2s. I have sent them back each time with Dji admitting there was a malfunction with the camera. The one drone with a good image had an unfortunate incident with a bush and was sent in for repair. To my dismay, it was replaced instead of fixed and so began the next back and forth with failty cameras /blurry patches). It has been a point of growing frustration and time wasting sending drones back and forth. While I have seen sample images online from pre-2020 that look excellent with a sharp image edge to edge (and the 1 good drone I had was pretty good), the other drones I have been sent since December 2022 have been flawed. I am still struggling to get a decent Air2s and now Dji engineers are suggesting that blurry patches in the Air2s are normal and acceptible!! Unreal huh?
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_ji9eU2dB358v
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212388 ft
Malta

Unfortunately I have the same issue, roughly the same area as yours! Have you solved the problem?

I don't expect this when paying more than Eur 1000 for the drone
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ji9eU2dB358v Posted at 12-30 11:20
Unfortunately I have the same issue, roughly the same area as yours! Have you solved the problem?

I don't expect this when paying more than Eur 1000 for the drone

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. I responded to you from this link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=246646. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-30
Use props
Edugarcya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4399495 ft

Brazil

Hi, mazurekbart. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We have forwarded the link with your files to our relevant team for further checking. We will get back to you once we received an update.  In the meantime, you may try these steps and check if there are any differences:

I'm having the same problem on my Air 2S and it seems to me that it started happening recently because I only noticed it last week... Elw didn't fall into water or get rained on or anything like that. It's really strange and I'm having to redo all the work I did with another borrowed drone. A shame… I haven't managed to solve it yet. Hugs from BRAZIL!
4-9 20:11
Use props
Edugarcya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4399495 ft

Brazil

I'm having the same problem on my Air 2S and it seems to me that it started happening recently because I only noticed it last week... Elw didn't fall into water or get rained on or anything like that. It's really strange and I'm having to redo all the work I did with another borrowed drone. A shame… I haven't managed to solve it yet. Hugs from BRAZIL!
4-9 20:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Edugarcya Posted at 4-9 20:11
I'm having the same problem on my Air 2S and it seems to me that it started happening recently because I only noticed it last week... Elw didn't fall into water or get rained on or anything like that. It's really strange and I'm having to redo all the work I did with another borrowed drone. A shame… I haven't managed to solve it yet. Hugs from BRAZIL!

Hi, Edugarcya. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about this. If the troubleshooting steps above did not solve the issue, you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). Thank you for your continued support.
4-11 06:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules