Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RoryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9521385 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

I am a commercial drone operator and use, amongst others, a DJI Mavic 3 Cine. I am currently working on a project that requires the flight logs for the day to be submitted to the client. Normally this is not an issue, I use Drone Logbook for compliance reporting which imports logs via the DJI cloud. Today I flew three flights and, as usual, switched on the RC Pro when I got back to the office to sync the flights.

Today this is not happening (and it has happened before on several occasions, one flight has never uplaoded), in the flight log secton of DJI Fly 1.9 it informs me that three flights have not been uploaded and there is an upload link on the top right of the screen. I tap this and it says upload successful, however immediately after it says "3 flight records not uploaded", and the loop continues, 3 flights not uploaded.

This may be acceptable for a recreational pilot, but it is certainly not acceptable for me. I have had to manually enter the flight details into Drone Logbook to meet my compliance, however this is lacking a lot of information, specifically where the drone was at a certain time. The Go4 app uploads perfectly, and with DJI Pilot I have full access to the logs for manual import. Why are you releasing a product such as the Mavic 3 Cine which is squarely aimed at professional pilots and cripple it with an app like DJI Fly? It is great for the mini series, and other consumer drones, but when I spend over £3K on a professional bit of kit I expect to be able to access my flight logs in a timely fashion.

I can put up with the app as I am more interested in flying my drone, setting the exposure, etc., which is does OK, but I NEED to be able to access MY flight logs in a timely fashion, not wait until DJI thinks it is fit to uplaod them. Please fix this and make it a manual process like Go4, not wait until it decides to upload them.
2022-12-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"It is great for the mini series, and other consumer drones"

Some of us users of 'lesser drones' think the Fly App is a pile of manure too and our drones are valuable to us too, plus we can't offset them against income tax etc..

Might it be that DJI servers were busy?

2022-12-18
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flight logs on the Fly app are sometimes a real pain to sync. I've found that it's usually brute force retries/system reboots which gets them to sync.
2022-12-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Those silly recreational pilots and their lesser requirements!  : )
2022-12-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I use Drone Logbook for compliance reporting which imports logs via the DJI cloud. Today I flew three flights and, as usual, switched on the RC Pro when I got back to the office to sync the flights.
Instead of relying on an automated upload aren't you able to upload the flight data directly for yourself?
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, RoryG. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you're pertaining to flight records? Flight records are the ones being synced on the cloud. If it is, please provide us with your DJI account email address and the date and time of the flight so that we can check if the 3 records have been uploaded. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2022-12-18
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 12-18 16:44

I'm not for once suggesting that recreational pilots have lesser requirements, I am a recreational pilot myself! But having access to the flight logs immediately after the flight is not usually required. Go4 allows manual sync, and the enterprise drones can be either synced directly or downloaded from the RC, I couldn't find a way to do this on the RC Pro, apart from a large log file that is generated every time the RC is switched on.
2022-12-19
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-18 18:14
I use Drone Logbook for compliance reporting which imports logs via the DJI cloud. Today I flew three flights and, as usual, switched on the RC Pro when I got back to the office to sync the flights.
Instead of relying on an automated upload aren't you able to upload the flight data directly for yourself?

See my original post, I did enter the details manually myself, however that doesn't have the GNSS trace of the drone's position which is a requirement for the project I am working on.
2022-12-19
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-18 18:28
Hello, RoryG. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you're pertaining to flight records? Flight records are the ones being synced on the cloud. If it is, please provide us with your DJI account email address and the date and time of the flight so that we can check if the 3 records have been uploaded. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.

Hi Gamora, thanks for reaching out. It eventually synced after about 20 attempts and several reboots! If it happens again I will certainly get in touch with you.
2022-12-19
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-18 10:12
"It is great for the mini series, and other consumer drones"

Some of us users of 'lesser drones' think the Fly App is a pile of manure too and our drones are valuable to us too, plus we can't offset them against income tax etc..

I'm not suggesting that DJI's consumer series are lesser drones at all, we have Mini 3's which are fantastic, and Mavic 2 Pros which are the workhorse of our construction monitoring work. I can live with the Fly app on the Mini 3 although I much prefer Go4. However, the Mavic 3 Cine is priced similar to the Mavic 3 Enterprise which uses the enterprise apps and far more suited to the work we do.
I synced the Go4 app without issue so, unless it uses a different server it was working.
2022-12-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RoryG Posted at 12-19 00:44
See my original post, I did enter the details manually myself, however that doesn't have the GNSS trace of the drone's position which is a requirement for the project I am working on.

I don't understand that.
If you had uploaded the txt file yourself it would have had everything.
That's where it all comes from.

Does your app allow you to manually upload the txt file from the phone or tablet?

2022-12-19
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-19 01:14
I don't understand that.
If you had uploaded the txt file yourself it would have had everything.
That's where it all comes from.

It's the RC Pro, not a separate device. The logs on the RC Pro accessed via DJI Assistant are generated every time the RC is switched on and don't seem to be linked to a flight, I can't find any way to access the text flight logs like I do on the P4RTK controller (with built-in screen).
2022-12-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RoryG Posted at 12-19 00:46
Hi Gamora, thanks for reaching out. It eventually synced after about 20 attempts and several reboots! If it happens again I will certainly get in touch with you.

Hi, RoryG. You're welcome and thank you for the update. Good to know that you were able to sync it now. Please don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support. Happy flying!
2022-12-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RoryG Posted at 12-19 01:27
It's the RC Pro, not a separate device. The logs on the RC Pro accessed via DJI Assistant are generated every time the RC is switched on and don't seem to be linked to a flight, I can't find any way to access the text flight logs like I do on the P4RTK controller (with built-in screen).

The RC Pro is just like any other Android device.
The .txt file is in there if you look in the right place.
I still don't know if your program allows you to manually upload the file (if you could find it), rather than waiting for it to synch to DJI first?
2022-12-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 12-18 16:44

2022-12-19
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-19 03:21
The RC Pro is just like any other Android device.
The .txt file is in there if you look in the right place.
I still don't know if your program allows you to manually upload the file (if you could find it), rather than waiting for it to synch to DJI first?

I agree, my other Android based DJI devices allow me to mount the filesystem on my Mac as an external drive, then I can access the text logs, however the RC Pro doesn't not appear to mount in this way. I have gone through the USB settings and set it to mount the drive but this doesn't appear to work, no drives appear. The only access I get is via the DJI Assistant which appears to be RC logs, if there are flight logs there they are not obvious as it creates a log every time the RC is switched on.

And yes, Drone Logbook and Airdata both allow upload of DJI TXT and DAT log files, this is how I log flights with the Matrice and P4RTK.
2022-12-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RoryG Posted at 12-19 07:54
I agree, my other Android based DJI devices allow me to mount the filesystem on my Mac as an external drive, then I can access the text logs, however the RC Pro doesn't not appear to mount in this way. I have gone through the USB settings and set it to mount the drive but this doesn't appear to work, no drives appear. The only access I get is via the DJI Assistant which appears to be RC logs, if there are flight logs there they are not obvious as it creates a log every time the RC is switched on.

And yes, Drone Logbook and Airdata both allow upload of DJI TXT and DAT log files, this is how I log flights with the Matrice and P4RTK.

Apple computers make things unnecessarily difficult.
Using the other kind of computer, you can find and copy the .txt file in 1-2 minutes.
2022-12-19
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-19 13:17
Apple computers make things unnecessarily difficult.
Using the other kind of computer, you can find and copy the .txt file in 1-2 minutes.

Nothing to do with the Mac, all my other devices are fine. If you know how to access the file system on the RC Pro I would be grateful. It won't mount as an external drive, and I have been through every folder on the internal file manager but no access to the logs.
2022-12-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

RoryG Posted at 12-19 00:42
I'm not for once suggesting that recreational pilots have lesser requirements, I am a recreational pilot myself! But having access to the flight logs immediately after the flight is not usually required. Go4 allows manual sync, and the enterprise drones can be either synced directly or downloaded from the RC, I couldn't find a way to do this on the RC Pro, apart from a large log file that is generated every time the RC is switched on.

I installed One Drive on the RC pro and have scripted the log files to get copied to a shared drive myself.  Reliable, and works great.  On a Windows server back in the office, the OneDrive folder gets picked up by Flight Reader for long term storage and sending to clients when needed.  You may want to consider doing something similar.  Removes dependency on other methods.
2022-12-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RoryG Posted at 12-19 13:45
Nothing to do with the Mac, all my other devices are fine. If you know how to access the file system on the RC Pro I would be grateful. It won't mount as an external drive, and I have been through every folder on the internal file manager but no access to the logs.

The instructions you get from this link point you toward the files:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/
2022-12-19
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-19 22:28
The instructions you get from this link point you toward the files:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/

Thank you. Phantom Help is not where I would have looked for the RC Pro! At least I know that the drives don’t mount like other DJI devices, the logs have to be copied to an SD card according to this link: https://forum.phantomhelp.com/t/ ... ote-controller/7756
2022-12-20
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 12-19 19:47
I installed One Drive on the RC pro and have scripted the log files to get copied to a shared drive myself.  Reliable, and works great.  On a Windows server back in the office, the OneDrive folder gets picked up by Flight Reader for long term storage and sending to clients when needed.  You may want to consider doing something similar.  Removes dependency on other methods.

Hi Tony, this sounds like a great solution, I’ll give it a go. Thanks! Happy to manually copy them to OneDrive then they'll be accessible from my Mac, I can then switch off automatic syncing.
2022-12-20
Use props
djiuser_nswRfXyvQThg
New

Costa Rica

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-12-18 18:28
Hello, RoryG. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you're pertaining to flight records? Flight records are the ones being synced on the cloud. If it is, please provide us with your DJI account email address and the date and time of the flight so that we can check if the 3 records have been uploaded. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.

I have de same issue...air2s. Email account jr.dinarte@hotmail.es
2023-3-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_nswRfXyvQThg Posted at 3-4 10:06

Open an account with Airdata. It syncs very well. Plus you can download several types of log.
2023-3-4
Use props
djiuser_nswRfXyvQThg
New

Costa Rica

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-4 10:19
Open an account with Airdata. It syncs very well. Plus you can download several types of log.

Thanks for the tip
2023-3-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_nswRfXyvQThg Posted at 3-4 10:06

Hi, djiuser_nswRfXyvQThg. We have sent you a PM, kindly check. Thank you.
2023-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules