Phone settings
3456 8 2022-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ID2YBJGkDedn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4967 ft
Australia

I've reinstalled and upgraded dji go 4 after a long break and my app says i need to allow access, however ive allowed access to everything in settings. Samsung s21+ phone. What am i doing wrong ?
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm how does the app react after you enable all the permission? Is there an error message on the app? Can you please provide us a screenshot or a short screen recording showing the issue for us to provide you an accurate resolution? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-18
Use props
djiuser_ID2YBJGkDedn
lvl.1
Australia

It's just saying to grant permissions. But the app has all permissions already.
Screenshot_20221219_153620.jpg
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_ID2YBJGkDedn Posted at 12-18 21:38
It's just saying to grant permissions. But the app has all permissions already.

Hi, djiuser_ID2YBJGkDedn. Thank you for providing a screenshot. What Android version does your phone currently has?

1. Please uninstall the application and reinstall it again. You may download it from this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2. Please visit your phone system settings, and check if the storage and location services of DJI GO 4 have been granted access permission.
3: Please make sure that the location service on your mobile device is enabled.

If the above three solutions fail, kindly provide us with the following information:
• Mobile phone model&sytem version
• Photos/videos containing clear shots of the phone's settings and a video of the operation. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_ID2YBJGkDedn
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 00:55
Hi, djiuser_ID2YBJGkDedn. Thank you for providing a screenshot. What Android version does your phone currently has?

1. Please uninstall the application and reinstall it again. You may download it from this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

PLEASE NOTE: UPDATE - Just on a hunch, I thought I would try to turn on global location, instead of just allowing location services for DJI Go 4, and it actually worked. So the issue is location. This is not a perfect solution though, as I did not want to grant other applications access to location services. I just wanted exclusive rights to DJI. Is there a work around for this ?

Samsung s21+ SM-G996B
Android version 13
DJI Go 4 V4.3.54

Here are the pictures of the settings. I'm not sure how to take a video of my screen, but basically when I turn on the drone and controller DJI Go 4 opens and when I try to 'Go Fly' it comes up with the screenshot I earlier shared asking to allow permissions. When I select 'go to settings' nothing happens. So I have to select cancel and can't proceed any further. When I check permissions, they are all set to allow. Oh, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled DJI Go 4 several times. I even tried to roll back to an earlier version, but it said the earlier version had a bug and was unable to open.
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_ID2YBJGkDedn Posted at 12-21 16:00
PLEASE NOTE: UPDATE - Just on a hunch, I thought I would try to turn on global location, instead of just allowing location services for DJI Go 4, and it actually worked. So the issue is location. This is not a perfect solution though, as I did not want to grant other applications access to location services. I just wanted exclusive rights to DJI. Is there a work around for this ?

Hi, djiuser_ID2YBJGkDedn. Thank you for sharing the screenshots. I have forwarded them already to our relevant team for further checking. Rest assured that I will let you know once we received an update. We appreciate your cooperation. Happy Holidays!
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_ID2YBJGkDedn Posted at 2022-12-21 16:00
PLEASE NOTE: UPDATE - Just on a hunch, I thought I would try to turn on global location, instead of just allowing location services for DJI Go 4, and it actually worked. So the issue is location. This is not a perfect solution though, as I did not want to grant other applications access to location services. I just wanted exclusive rights to DJI. Is there a work around for this ?

Hi there. We have sent you a PM, kindly check. Thank you.
2023-1-15
Use props
djiuser_amIqnG1qbctu
New

Nigeria

Please I'm having that same issue state of above how do I fix it on my Samsung S20FE
Screenshot_20240119_154305.jpg
1-21 03:51
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_amIqnG1qbctu Posted at 1-21 03:51
Please I'm having that same issue state of above how do I fix it on my Samsung S20FE

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Have you already tried granting permissions from your phone as requested in the pop-up message? It also says to display your location. Please make sure it is enabled. You may refer to DJI Gamora's suggestion at reply 4#. Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
1-22 02:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules