avata lost, linking 2nd avata questions
420 2 2022-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnweim
lvl.2
United States

I just lost my first avata on an inaccessible cliff so I'm ordering a new one.  I never updated to the new firmware (with rid requirements) on my old avata. Question: will I be able to use the firmware before the rid update for my new avata when it arrives?  My first avata, goggles, rc controller 2 all worked fine with the older firmware.  It seems like you should be able to load whatever firmware version is available when prepping a new avata.  Am I wrong?  Thanks for your help with this.
2022-12-20
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not updated so I have not seeing the DJI Assistant, but I heard that DJI deleted the old Firmware's (not sure if Goggle or Aircraft) so you cannot roll back. Now, in case it is the Aircraft, do a search in the net, some guys from .WTF come up with a way to roll back the Firmware
2022-12-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, johnweim. Thank you for reaching out. We're so sorry to read about what happened to your first DJI Avata. Usually, drones and devices that come with them are not in the most recent firmware version when being shipped. If you can activate and link the drone with the goggles and RC without doing the firmware update then you may use it as it is. In case you encounter any error with activating and linking them, it is highly suggested to perform the firmware upgrade. Please be advised that under the FAA Remote ID rule, all drone pilots required to register, including those who fly for fun, for business, or for public safety, must operate their drone in accordance with the final rule on remote ID beginning September 16, 2023.

Also, we would like to suggest to consider getting DJI Care Refresh for the new drone that you will purchase. This provides two replacement units for a small additional charge per year, covering collisions, water damage, flyaways, natural wear, and other accidental damage. You may check more information at this link: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-care-refresh-dji-avata. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules