Problems with DJI support
1203 32 2022-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hun Solo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 637690 ft
United States

I got a DJI mini 3 Pro in August. Flew just fine untill the firmware update in the last part of October. In which it didn't won't to fly, all thou it said ready to fly.

I went around and around with DJI support on the phone and on email, to where it was determine to send the controller and the mini 3 pro back to there so called service center, and to repair or replace the drone in which they replaced the drone with a used drone which said everything test good and sent it back to me.

The day I got it back, took it outside and tried to fly it. And to my disapointment, it did the same thing. The drone didn't fly, and the screen said ok for flight. No error maessage, just good to go for flight. WE pay alot of money for these drones and excpet good support results, and don' want the run around when thy can't figure out how to fix it.....

From the begining of November 4th to 12/20 2022, I have been playing with these CLOWNS in support for almost two months to try to fix this issue, even sending it back to them to fix it. I need to talk to someone who knows how to fix this.

Youtube video coming soon...

2022-12-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Maybe PM a Moderator on here, they are very good and will assist
2022-12-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you start the drone's motors?
Are you in any sort of air restriction zone?
What stick mode is the controller set to?

If you are using a phone as a screen device, put a screen capture app on the phone, to capture what is seen on the screen from drone switch on, then post the video on youtube etc. and post a link here.
2022-12-20
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Usually support is very simple. Worse thing you can do is call them. On your app you can arrange to return your without ever having to talk to someone . Its really customer friendly and without any problems.
Regards starting and flying, post a video of exactly what you’re doing and I think you will get plenty of good advice, your opening post is not very clear.
2022-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience you encountered, I understand that must be frustrating for you.

Could you please try to fly the drone in an open area with a decent GPS signal, avoid the restricted area, and use the auto takeoff feature in the DJI Fly app to see if the drone will be able to take off? If the drone can take off in this way, please check if the controller mode is in Mode 2, if it is not, please set it back to Mode 2.

If the drone will not fly, please provide a video of the case so we can check it further. Thank you very much.
2022-12-20
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

Suren Posted at 12-20 11:35
Maybe PM a Moderator on here, they are very good and will assist

Hopefully
, Thx
2022-12-20
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

For everyone else, the punch line is ; I sent it to DJI to be repaired, and they sent it back, not repaired........
2022-12-20
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-20 15:40
Usually support is very simple. Worse thing you can do is call them. On your app you can arrange to return your without ever having to talk to someone . Its really customer friendly and without any problems.
Regards starting and flying, post a video of exactly what you’re doing and I think you will get plenty of good advice, your opening post is not very clear.

And what would you do if you sent your drone to be repaired and it came back as, Not repaired.
And like my papa used to say; Squeaky wheel, gets grease......
2022-12-20
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-20 19:14
Hi there, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience you encountered, I understand that must be frustrating for you.

Could you please try to fly the drone in an open area with a decent GPS signal, avoid the restricted area, and use the auto takeoff feature in the DJI Fly app to see if the drone will be able to take off? If the drone can take off in this way, please check if the controller mode is in Mode 2, if it is not, please set it back to Mode 2.

What part of can not fly, don't you understand.......
2022-12-20
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

See if this works..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... sq/view?usp=sharing
2022-12-20
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

I see you are running the iOS app version 1.6.12. The release notes say that once you update the M3P firmware to 01.00.400 and RC firmware to 04.14.400 you have to use iOS app version 1.7.8 or newer.

2022-12-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PAROINA Posted at 12-20 22:36
I see you are running the iOS app version 1.6.12. The release notes say that once you update the M3P firmware to 01.00.400 and RC firmware to 04.14.400 you have to use iOS app version 1.7.8 or newer.

[view_image]

So, all that effing and jeffing, calling out support, attitude with forum members and there is nothing wrong with the drone or controller but pilot error, go figure...

Nicely spotted btw
2022-12-20
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hun Solo Posted at 12-20 19:53
And what would you do if you sent your drone to be repaired and it came back as, Not repaired.
And like my papa used to say; Squeaky wheel, gets grease......

Isn’t that supposedly your problem. I think some people go out of their way to create problems…
2022-12-21
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 12-20 22:08
Fuck this. Fuck that.  Fuck you.  Fuck your cat...

Boy, someone needs to get laid....
2022-12-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

First, skip the tutorial. Second update Fly app. You are on 1.6.2 and you should be on 1.9.0. It won't fly until you do. It's NOT a problem with your drone, it IS a problem with your Fly version.
2022-12-21
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

PAROINA Posted at 12-20 22:36
I see you are running the iOS app version 1.6.12. The release notes say that once you update the M3P firmware to 01.00.400 and RC firmware to 04.14.400 you have to use iOS app version 1.7.8 or newer.

[view_image]

Paroina , you are my new HERO. SPOT ON ! THAT WAS IT !
This is the same video that was shown to the support team before they asked me to send back to them.
They never said anything about the iOS app update. I just took it for granted that updates when automatic.   
After 2 months and 27  emails later. No one said anything about the app. Your my kind of trouble shooter.
From now on I will read all firm ware updates. Thanks so much, Solo
2022-12-21
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 12-20 23:04
So, all that effing and jeffing, calling out support, attitude with forum members and there is nothing wrong with the drone or controller but pilot error, go figure...

Nicely spotted btw

You FAIL !
2022-12-21
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-21 00:04
Isn’t that supposedly your problem. I think some people go out of their way to create problems…

YOU FAIL !
2022-12-21
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 12-20 23:04

Nicely spotted btw

By the way you need a hair cut....
2022-12-21
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-21 08:31
First, skip the tutorial. Second update Fly app. You are on 1.6.2 and you should be on 1.9.0. It won't fly until you do. It's NOT a problem with your drone, it IS a problem with your Fly version.

Thanks, and that was it...
2022-12-21
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nah I think the only failure was the idiot who couldn’t turn on the drone….
2022-12-21
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-21 08:46
Nah I think the only failure was the idiot who couldn’t turn on the drone….

Ooooh, Did I tap that nerve by calling you stupid...  
2022-12-21
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hun Solo Posted at 12-21 10:08
Ooooh, Did I tap that nerve by calling you stupid...

Well its like this the only stupid one is the fool who couldn’t turn on his drone
2022-12-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think we all know who actually failed in this thread.
2022-12-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hun Solo Posted at 12-21 08:37
By the way you need a hair cut....

Much like how you need a Macdonalds, what's ya point?
2022-12-21
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

I-1,I-1,I-1,I-1,I-1,I-1,I-1
2022-12-21
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 12-21 17:49
Much like how you need a Macdonalds, what's ya point?

I'm just saying, you just look a little rrrruff, ruff, rrrrrrrrrufff......
2022-12-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jeepers what a place to try your presumably first flight with a drone, does anyone else think it looks looks like an accident waiting to happen?
Jeepers what an attitude.
2022-12-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hun Solo Posted at 12-20 21:05
What part of can not fly, don't you understand.......

There could have been a lot of reasons for it not flying, notably thing you are unaware of. As as it turns out a video of your attempts provided the solution and it was something you were unaware of.
Perhaps an apology to DJI Susan is in order?
2022-12-22
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-22 03:42
There could have been a lot of reasons for it not flying, notably thing you are unaware of. As as it turns out a video of your attempts provided the solution and it was something you were unaware of.
Perhaps an apology to DJI Susan is in order?
In which it didn't won't to fly, all thou it said ready to fly.
Naaaaa ! Apology to an A I ?
2022-12-22
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.2
United States

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 12-22 10:29
Also a complete mess.  Guy clearly has more pressing matters than dropping cash on a drone.  Maybe he should clean his cesspool?

WOW !! You really went there !! You really Played that card !!       WOW !!
I feel so bad !!
I'm so hurt !!  
OUCH  !!
I'm on fire !!
I got burned !!
How Judgmentally can someone be !!
I know ! he must be from the perfect world I hear so much about !!
2022-12-22
Use props
fans11c2f93b
New

United States

I've had nothing but problems with my s*** dji's I've had four of them nothing but bricks after updates! No support no help I've paid hundreds per drone to try and have somebody be able to link them again to the remote so I could use them after the updates it's totally f***** I will never buy another DJI do your research don't invest in this pile of s***
4-7 16:43
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans11c2f93b Posted at 4-7 16:43
I've had nothing but problems with my s*** dji's I've had four of them nothing but bricks after updates! No support no help I've paid hundreds per drone to try and have somebody be able to link them again to the remote so I could use them after the updates it's totally f***** I will never buy another DJI do your research don't invest in this pile of s***

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. We are more than glad to help. Can you elaborate so we can help you further? If all has a linking issue, please try the procedures below first:
1. Please check whether the aircraft and remote controller both are powered on.
2. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.
3. Please switch the linking method between “Linking with the app” and “Linking with combination buttons”.
Remote controller: Press and hold the Power button on the remote controller for four seconds to prepare to link.
Aircraft: Press and hold the Power button on the aircraft for four seconds to prepare to link.
4. If it is invalid, check whether the remote controller has been updated to the latest version. Connect the remote controller to the app. After the connection is successful, check whether there is a prompt to update the firmware. If yes, update the firmware to the latest version and try linking again.
5. If the issue persists, please connect the aircraft to the computer, check the aircraft firmware version in the DJI Assistant 2 (do the same with the controller), and try linking after updating or refreshing the aircraft’s firmware to the latest version.
Please feel free to keep us updated. Thank you.
4-7 21:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules