Phantom 3 advanced not working properly
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
longieb
lvl.1

Australia

Hi
I flew my p3a on Wednesday without issue twice, no crash no issues and wonderful footage.  

On Thursday I started it up as normal. I use an I Pad mini 3. As all ways I started up the app, then the RC then the aircraft. everything appeared fine and video feed appeared on the screen and I was able to move the gimbal, however no other aspects of the aircraft were visible. I was not able to see the battery status, the satellites and when you go in to the setting for the aircraft everything was back to default and not able to be changed. Having this issues I decided to pack it away for the night in an effort not to make matters worse.  

On Friday, I unpacked it and again the same, no aircraft display on the I Pad apart from the camera. During the time that it was on, the rear lights would wither be a yellow or a green, it appears to change each time I turn it on. The aircraft also beeps DD DD DD DD then after a while DDDDDDDDDDDDDD then to a solid tone. I let it run fro 25 min and tried again, however no difference.

I tried uninstalling the DJI go app and re installing it. I tried re doing the firmware update for both the Aircraft and the RC, however the aircraft does the same as above and the RC's LED light just stays red and only beeps once it has been inactive for some time. Upon putting the SD card back in the computer it stated for the aircraft that it was a success along with stating abort it is the same or older firmware. Upon doing it with the controller, there is no text file, indicating that it has not attempted the update.

I use the SD card in a USB card reader way of updating, however I have tried connecting to the gimbal and then to the controller, but like the above the drone beeping, indicating that it has the current firmware but there is nothing for the RC.

I read there is a way to update it through the app, however going into the status menu, the RC states that its status is fine.

Please help.

Nothing more frustrating then having it and not being able to fly it.

Thanks in advanced.

2015-8-15
Use props
longieb
lvl.1

Australia

Update.

No one was able to give me an answer through either DJI support of the company that I purchased it through. As a result, it has been sent to Sale in VIC in an attempt to fix it.
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

sounds like it is trying to do a fw update. shutdown rc and device and p3. put sd card with latest fw in gimble sd. turn on p3 and let it be for 1 hour, just walk away. come back see what light is on the gimble and what beeps are coming from p3. shut down. read txt log on sd card. then turn on rc then device then p3 and see what it says
2015-8-25
Use props
longieb
lvl.1

Australia

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-26 11:08
sounds like it is trying to do a fw update. shutdown rc and device and p3. put sd card with latest f ...

Yeah thanks for the advice, I tried this on a number of occasions, just goes to the solid tone and the text files state that it was a success, but nothing. The controller still will not update, have tried both the usb and gimbal option for updating, but the led light just remains red, does not go blue as it should, and does not generate a text file.

But as stated, it has been sent off at my expense in a bit to have it fixed.

Fingers crossed.
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

longieb Posted at 2015-8-26 14:35
Yeah thanks for the advice, I tried this on a number of occasions, just goes to the solid tone and ...

update the rc thru the app, u will see the warning about rc needs upgrade. click on the warning and follow the instructions,
let me know if more details are required
tx
2015-8-26
Use props
longieb
lvl.1

Australia

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-26 21:43
update the rc thru the app, u will see the warning about rc needs upgrade. click on the warning an ...

I have read a number of reviews about this, however when I turn everything, the status bar at the top stats that everything is ok and safe to fly GPS. However there is no satellite info nor is there any battery info.

I went into the RC setting and status, but no were does it state that the RC needs updating, nor did it have the option to do so.

Thanks for the advice anyway.
2015-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules