DJI RC Control - Rapid Battery Drain
2365 13 2022-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7ac73174
lvl.2
Flight distance : 385594 ft
United States

Has anyone else experience rapid battery drain from their RC remote?  

Normally, I can fly for hours and see very little battery drain on the RC.  Today, the temperature was around 40 F.   The RC was charged fully.

I was just starting to fly with my second battery - so about 40 minutes of total fly time - and the remote went from 3 bars to 1 bar and started flashing a warning to land immediately.
Luckily, the drone was only a few hundred feet away and I did a super quick landing.

The drone batteries didn't have any issues with the termperature.

Has anyone else had this issue with their RC batteries in cold weather?   

And is there a log I can look at on the RC to see the error displayed.  I want to forward it to DJI

Thanks

2022-12-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear about the experience. The operating temperature of the DJI RC is within -10° to 40° C (14° to 104° F). Therefore, we want to investigate further on your concern. We have sent you a PM to gather some necessary data. Kindly check and respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2022-12-20
Use props
Arcanjo81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 716407 ft
Portugal

Hello!

Was this topic solved? I believe I have a similar problem, but not as dramatic. I find the battery of my RC is drainin too fast, even in mild temperatures. For knowledge, I never leave the battery to go under the 18/19% of capacity. The other aspect is that sometimes I quick charge it with DJI POwer adapter, but that shouldn´t damage the battery so fast I believe.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!
2023-4-1
Use props
djiuser_elY2LBq36hDD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85748 ft
Italy

Hi,
I've a DJI RC-N1 . is it possible to know its cycle battery count ? is it a normal drain of 25% after 30 min usage ?

thanks
2023-4-1
Use props
djiuser_xC4BpXgQQcu5
lvl.1

United States

I’m having the same problem, my rc controller will only last maybe an hour while flying, it’s less than a month old, is it possible the file transfer from drone to rc is killing the battery, im not using screen recording so that is not the problem, I have been using the screen really bright at the beach but hard to believe that would kill 3 hours of the supposed 4 hours the rc controller is supposed to have
2023-6-23
Use props
ギク | Giku
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1238665 ft
Thailand

djiuser_xC4BpXgQQcu5 Posted at 6-23 10:42
I’m having the same problem, my rc controller will only last maybe an hour while flying, it’s less than a month old, is it possible the file transfer from drone to rc is killing the battery, im not using screen recording so that is not the problem, I have been using the screen really bright at the beach but hard to believe that would kill 3 hours of the supposed 4 hours the rc controller is supposed to have

Im not sure if the 4 hrs from the test they tested is on minimum brightness
2023-6-25
Use props
fans60e4b2ef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3340696 ft
Mexico

Has anyone received an answer or solution to this problem? The same thing has happened to me for months, the remote control battery lasts the same as the drone battery, it's a Mavic Air 2s.
I start the flight with both batteries at 100% and by the time the drone's battery returns (approximately 5% remaining) the RC's battery is already at 45%.
I contacted the support service and they told me that the warranty must be applied with the seller but I bought it on Amazon and there is no support there.
I only bought the RC in January of this year, I already reset it to factory settings and downloaded the latest firmware version again.
2023-9-8
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

For anyone having rc remote battery issues. You will need to open it up and replace the battery. They are cheap. They are 2 18650 battery you need to replace. You can get them om ebay for like $8-9 free shipping.  If you aren't conformable opening your remote then you have to send it in. On mine I follow youtube videos on how to open it. It is really simple.

Screenshot_20230818_133444_Gallery.jpg
2023-9-8
Use props
VidmanMEX
lvl.1
Mexico

I have the DJI remote that came with my air 2s and recently it seems that the power of a full charge doesn't last nearly as long as it used to. I will fly for 20 minutes and use almost have of the power. It is also taking much longer to reach a full charge. Does anyone know what the expected lifespan of a DJI remote is?
2023-11-29
Use props
djiuser_PlU9eNU2W39t
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have for a while been getting rapid battery drain on RC controller but recently it has got worse, today especially so - flying in very cold weather with frost around the controller drained more than drones battery which held up remarkably well.
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

VidmanMEX Posted at 11-29 08:35
I have the DJI remote that came with my air 2s and recently it seems that the power of a full charge doesn't last nearly as long as it used to. I will fly for 20 minutes and use almost have of the power. It is also taking much longer to reach a full charge. Does anyone know what the expected lifespan of a DJI remote is?

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the situation. May we confirm if you managed to update the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller? If so, you may consider sending your remote for further checking via this link: www.dji.com/support
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_PlU9eNU2W39t Posted at 11-30 11:16
I have for a while been getting rapid battery drain on RC controller but recently it has got worse, today especially so - flying in very cold weather with frost around the controller drained more than drones battery which held up remarkably well.

Hi, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please send your remote controller via this link: repair.dji.com Rest assured your case will be handled accordingly. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-12-1
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

djiuser_elY2LBq36hDD Posted at 4-1 09:05
Hi,
I've a DJI RC-N1 . is it possible to know its cycle battery count ? is it a normal drain of 25% after 30 min usage ?

That's not normal in my experience anyway with my N1. I easily get 60 minutes before it's down to around 75%. How old is your controller? Perhaps the batteries have been weakened by over/under charging or being left at low charge levels for long periods of time,... just guessing here.
2023-12-2
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

djiuser_PlU9eNU2W39t Posted at 11-30 11:16
I have for a while been getting rapid battery drain on RC controller but recently it has got worse, today especially so - flying in very cold weather with frost around the controller drained more than drones battery which held up remarkably well.

The drone batteries use up their energy so quickly that they stay warm I noticed, even in sub zero temperatures so I haven't noticed much of a hit in colder temperatures. That said, I always leave the equipment warm in the car before flying.
When you started your flight, was the controller at ambient temperature (i.e. cold) or was it warm from being in the car or your home?
If the controller was cold, that could significantly reduce the capacity of the lithium batteries.
2023-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules