Even replaced Camera is having focus and image quality issue.
12Next >
1842 43 2022-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

on 24th Nov i bouthg OA3 and it had focus and image quality issues. After contacting DJI team they sent me replaced camera. Even replaced camera has focus and picture quality isse.Please find below google drive link for all test i have done with camera. Following are the description of my test settings and conculsion.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ovGRAEGG5CA820KHQgpZPSsAkz8ARjJe?usp=share_link

firmware is having latest updated firmware.

• videos are raw videos which are directly copied from camera to shared drive.
  • All videos are shot in proper daylight in the afternoon and morning.
  • Please watch videos with audio. (to listen settings details)
  • Images are uncompressed PNG which are exported from the same videos.check in 100 % zoom you can see how bad the quality of 4k itself is.
  • In small screen devices like Mobile or OA3 videos look great sharp. but when we check on the computer or on 4K Television it looks like a low resolution pixelated and noisy.
  • I have seen many videos online on youtube which are shot on OA3 and they are crisp and sharp even in 1080 resolution format.
  • Following are my observations of my OA3 Camera

• 4K resolution itself has a focus issue so can not think about shooting in Full HD 1080p (It is very bad)
  • With Rocksteady OFF 4k resolution gives a somewhat OK image but not sharp as it has to be. Once we switch ON Rocksteady it blurs the video and overall compromises the video quality.
  • In daylight this is the result of OA3. I can not think about shooting in low light and at night.
  • I was waiting to get this camera since 2 years and finally this is what i ended with. I really like it’s function, user interface, it’s very user friendly and great in every aspect but if the camera itself is not doing it’s job then what is the use.
  • I hope DJI team will help me in this.

2022-12-20
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

On my 13" MacBook Pro your footage and images look razor sharp.
2022-12-20
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Look good for me also when I look at the footage outdoors.
Indoors will always be less sharp because of higher ISO.
2022-12-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks good to me.
2022-12-20
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Your replaced Camera videos are looking ok for me, but it is difficult to see because of your shaking hands :-)

Otherwise take a look here..

utorial how to fix the Osmo Action 3 focus issue in 5 Minutes
2022-12-21
Use props
2Boomers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 936604 ft
  • >>>
Belarus

I bought mine when it first came out and after firmware updates the focus is still off
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please tell us the SN of your replaced camera? We will also let our teams to check again. Thanks.
2022-12-21
Use props
Mr.Magic
lvl.3
Germany

Try it with this chart again.

Focus Chart-ISO_12233-reschart.pdf (214.03 KB, Down times: 16)
2022-12-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Okay anything in that background is Infinity and will never be spot on  with DJI..

the camera looks good the photo grab of the frame.
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-21 02:02
Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please tell us the SN of your replaced camera? We will also let our teams to check again. Thanks.

what to do with this chart?
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-21 02:02

Here is my new replaced camera serial number  5S4DK8400A4WPS
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

JustName Posted at 12-21 01:55
Your replaced Camera videos are looking ok for me, but it is difficult to see because of your shaking hands :-)

Otherwise take a look here..

Do this to void my warranty and kill all possibility of DJI help? If it is so easy then why DJI not doing it by calling there faulty devices ?
2022-12-22
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m Posted at 12-22 02:46
Do this to void my warranty and kill all possibility of DJI help? If it is so easy then why DJI not doing it by calling there faulty devices ?

Simple answer, they would have to recall ALL units. And that would defeat the gentleman in charge of the rising profit graph before respect for the customer. M A M O N
2022-12-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

the recall is  release a new camera and dump old stock a lot cheaper
2022-12-22
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

Here is 100 ISO jpg image photo taken with 3 second timer so no chance that camera will move while pressing shutter button. Do you think guys this is proper sharp?I can not upload here as size problem so here is the link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F69iRHlaq4LaqKmpSo0pkpoT-L8LRBL3/view?usp=sharing

07_4k.JPG
2022-12-22
Use props
Rusev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 461985 ft
United States

After all the people who want to get a camera with a correctly calibrated focus, but are sent a camera with the same problem, how can you not fix the problem yourself... The camera is really very functional, quality assembly and set with good accessories.
They really need to recall the bad batch ones and correct their mistake. But since it's a lot of cameras and money and time, I just don't believe it's going to happen.
2022-12-22
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

please check this test. i have just slide 2.0 diopter glasses in front of lense and you can clearly see how TEXT got sharper.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MuEuLxw979FssxGIRQh_0E0igrxx3ebX/view?usp=drivesdk
2022-12-22
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m Posted at 12-22 05:48
please check this test. i have just slide 2.0 diopter glasses in front of lense and you can clearly see how TEXT got sharper.

All this has long been known, there is no need to create and spam already overcrowded repetitive topics....It's just that the better pieces are focused and sharp from approx. 2m (200cm) to infinity.
2022-12-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Please get with DJI on your issue, we say that is spam as well. Yes we appreciate the pointing out what forums are about
2022-12-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m Posted at 12-21 08:39
Here is my new replaced camera serial number  5S4DK8400A4WPS

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. Would you please confirm the SN of your device?
2022-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many people at the start of this thread saId your images were good. I suggest you are being far to particular egged on my the many OCD afflicted perfectionists on this forum.

Just use you camera normally and look at the good points not the perceived bad points
2022-12-27
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-27 17:55
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. Would you please confirm the SN of your device?

serial number  5S4DK8400A4WPS
2022-12-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m Posted at 12-27 23:45
serial number  5S4DK8400A4WPS

We are sorry but with the Serial Number, we can not find any information like activation status. Would you please check again?
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-28 00:10
We are sorry but with the Serial Number, we can not find any information like activation status. Would you please check again?

here is the photo attached of new device serial number.

2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m Posted at 12-28 02:15

[view_image]

Thank you so much. We will update you here later.
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m Posted at 12-28 02:15

[view_image]

Hi, we just let our engineers check your videos and pictures in your link and tell them the SN of your new device. We are sorry that the image quality looks standard. If you are still unsatisfied with the image quality, you are advised to send it back to our service center for further diagnosis.
2022-12-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

and they get higher Quality, that should have been the first place. UHD quality I hope
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-28 02:42
Hi, we just let our engineers check your videos and pictures in your link and tell them the SN of your new device. We are sorry that the image quality looks standard. If you are still unsatisfied with the image quality, you are advised to send it back to our service center for further diagnosis.

Please check this image.... Photo taken with 100 ISO having self 3 second timer so there is no chance camera is moving while shutter button pressed.

2022-12-28
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m Posted at 12-28 21:33
Please check this image.... Photo taken with 100 ISO having self 3 second timer so there is no chance camera is moving while shutter button pressed.

[view_image]

I’d say that focus is quite bad from that distance. What is that, about 30 or so cm? This is mine from about 20 cm. It was taken from a video frame. I was holding the camera in my hands.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 149&pid=2926348
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

osmonauta Posted at 12-28 21:56
I’d say that focus is quite bad from that distance. What is that, about 30 or so cm? This is mine from about 20 cm. It was taken from a video frame. I was holding the camera in my hands.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=277149&pid=2926348

It is around 35 cm. It is non compressed and non edited version. I feel the text and all other area need to be sharp but it is not.
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m Posted at 12-28 21:33

[view_image]

We are sorry but as we mentioned above, if you are really unsatisfied with the image quality, you are advised to send it back to our service center for further diagnosis. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-12-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

this  camera is by far not the perfect camera. and  it takes a shot, since DJI here wants to make it right online, they can not make it right  for the person when the actual unit gets shipped back, and that is a big problem  if asked
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-29 00:10
We are sorry but as we mentioned above, if you are really unsatisfied with the image quality, you are advised to send it back to our service center for further diagnosis. Thanks for your understanding.

As it would be expensive for me to send device from INDIA to CHINA. I am curious to know what are possibly you are going to make my device perfect after repair? As I heard covid is getting worse in china. Even if you repair my device will you able to send device back to me?
2022-12-29
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes it will void your warranty and it doesn’t work and that’s why the poster refuses to post any meaningful videos or photos taken with this camera .
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-29 07:44
Yes it will void your warranty and it doesn’t work and that’s why the poster refuses to post any meaningful videos or photos taken with this camera .

how is your camera quality?
2022-12-29
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m Posted at 12-29 09:28
how is your camera quality?

My camera quality now after 2 firmwares is fine and as it should be for this camera.
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-29 09:30
My camera quality now after 2 firmwares is fine and as it should be for this camera.

could you please share photos and videos taken by OA3 ?
2022-12-29
Use props
Rock the Bock
lvl.1

Germany

I sent my first back to the dealer. The second one has also less image quality. Both from 09/22. Dji is currently checking some test shots. I am still waiting for feedback. If they say it is normal, I will send it back to the dealer again. I do not need the best image quality, but the test shots compared to others on YouTube are very bad.
2022-12-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Rock the Bock Posted at 12-29 11:03
I sent my first back to the dealer. The second one has also less image quality. Both from 09/22. Dji is currently checking some test shots. I am still waiting for feedback. If they say it is normal, I will send it back to the dealer again. I do not need the best image quality, but the test shots compared to others on YouTube are very bad.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we know more details about the dealer? Then we can ask the relevant team to pay attention to your case after you send it back.
Thank you in advance.
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

Rock the Bock Posted at 12-29 11:03

Yes same here. It is not one batch got bad. It is random, some of camera are good and some are bad from same batch. It must be some random technical or hardware error. If DJI really care about their customer then instate of saying image / videos looks good they should compare faulty devices videos with quality YouTubers video.
2022-12-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules