Mid-flight "unable to enter M mode"
1268 2 2022-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
woja
lvl.1

Israel

Hi all.

I've been flying my DJI FPV for a while now, and enjoy flying it on M mode.
I also have DJI Air unit based quads so I switch from FPV mode to Air unit mode.

Recently I switched back to DJI FPV mode and linked my DJI FPV, but have been having some strange issues.
I go into manual mode and take off, but within about 3-5 seconds the drone halts mid-air and switches to normal mode, and I get an error message on the goggles saying "Unable to enter M mode".
Now, obviously I have M mode set as custom and altitude limit turned off, otherwise I wouldn't be able to get into M mode from the get go.

I tried recalibrating the controller but that didn't help.

Any ideas? This really sucks.

Edit, I'm on V1.00.01 on the goggles. I don't want to update the Goggle firmware because I don't want to lose the ability to go back to DJI Air Unit mode.
2022-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Manual mode is not enabled by default. After the remote controller is switched to manual mode, the aircraft remains in normal/sport mode. Manual mode needs to be enabled separately in the goggles menu: Settings > Control > Remote Control Settings > Custom Buttons > Set Custom Gear For "manual transmission". Hope this helps. Thank you.
2022-12-21
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

This can and most often has a cause in crossing the boundary of the DRA zone. Fly a few meters beyond this limit and you should be able to turn on acro mode.
2022-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules