How to use focus chart
1987 12 2022-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

Someone from the forum sent me this foucus chart. How i can use this focus chart to test my OA3 action camera focus is proper or not?

focus.jpg
2022-12-21
Use props
Mr.Magic
lvl.3
Germany

Print the chart and place the camera in front of it (min. 0,3m). So you can see if it's out of focus. Everything should be sharp and not blurry.
2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

It is best to print on A3 paper size and take pictures from a distance of 30 cm and look for when it is already sharp. Use the time self-timer for the photo, or 4k25 without stabilization, then DJI doesn't know how to make a picture from a video (grab), but it's more complicated in Davici resolve, the procedure is on yt, for example. PDF is sharper. And do it in good light.

2022-12-21
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

And for best results, set the camera to Manual mode and use ISO 100 (for photo, that is). If it's too dark, you can adjust the shutter speed.
2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

osmonauta Posted at 12-21 10:27
And for best results, set the camera to Manual mode and use ISO 100 (for photo, that is). If it's too dark, you can adjust the shutter speed.

Exactly so, if the test is done at home under artificial, usually weaker lighting...
2022-12-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

how big must he chart be , do not say 8x11
2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Fishycomics Posted at 12-21 10:33
how big must he chart be , do not say 8x11

For Hallmark007 A0 46,8 x 33,1inch to see blurry pixels around the edges of the frame
2022-12-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

well we know you stand  the camera on a tripod in front a wall, and whatever the 1meter fills will be the size of the chart.
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

osmonauta Posted at 12-21 10:27

Ok... but this is action camera seems like using DSLR canera. if this setting inage comes sharp then camera is "OK"? If we keep everything in auto mode and image comes blur then also camera is "OK"?
2022-12-21
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the Info
2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m Posted at 12-21 17:39
Ok... but this is action camera seems like using DSLR canera. if this setting inage comes sharp then camera is "OK"? If we keep everything in auto mode and image comes blur then also camera is "OK"?

If you want to test it, whether the focus is set correctly, you have to proceed as we describe in order to rule out motion blur and high ISO blur. This procedure applies to all photographic equipment, not just action cameras.
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

Here is 100 ISO jpg image photo taken with 3 second timer so no chance that camera will move while pressing shutter button. Do you think guys this is proper sharp?I can not upload here as size problem so here is the link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F69iRHlaq4LaqKmpSo0pkpoT-L8LRBL3/view?usp=sharing

2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m Posted at 12-21 22:52
Here is 100 ISO jpg image photo taken with 3 second timer so no chance that camera will move while pressing shutter button. Do you think guys this is proper sharp?I can not upload here as size problem so here is the link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F69iRHlaq4LaqKmpSo0pkpoT-L8LRBL3/view?usp=sharing

According to DJI support, it is correct, they will find an excuse, either in Holland or Germany, because they probably need pressure from the UP. According to most of us, it is soft and double from 40 cm, as you have it, and not from 30 cm, as the manufacturer guarantees. You have the choice of a quick way on your own responsibility, or to stretch, because you have the right to:

Here's the Consumer Rights section in the EU.  "If goods you bought anywhere in the EU turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised, the seller must repair or replace them free of charge or give you a price reduction or a full refund. You can usually only ask for a partial or full refund when it is not possible to repair or replace the goods."

I don't know for India. You can read about it in the individual threads and with the results shared by us.
Even if it doesn't look like it from my posts, I prefer to go that way if I can do it myself even at the cost of losing the warranty. If the arguing crosses a certain healthy limit when I see that the entire support is going one line stretched from the UP... I'd rather keep quiet about the answers from the support, their reactions... there's just enough bad stuff in other threads HERE MORE . I'm only writing about the problem with OA3 and camera support, I have no idea how they are doing with other technology, I believe it's fine.

2022-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules