Goggles 2 head tracking via O3 Air Unit receiver
6554 26 2022-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mifish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 456188 ft
Canada

Is it possible to get the Goggles 2 head tracking data over a channel or two via the O3 Air Unit receiver?

(I’d like to switch from a Spektrum controller and a dedicated head tracker to the O3 Air Unit, DJI controller and the Goggles 2 built in head tracker.)

If this isn’t available by default, does DJI offer an SDK that could provide access to the data from and control of these components?
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable due to compatibility issues but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_mtHsmCBvqdw2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2851089 ft
United Kingdom

I would love to see this feature implemented.
2023-2-9
Use props
MrMPod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172746 ft
Poland

any news about it?
2023-2-12
Use props
catdog79
lvl.1

Germany

Yeah, would be a nice and usefull feature.
Hopefully it will be implemented soon.
2023-2-16
Use props
kirschi
lvl.2

Austria

Any news on this feature? This would be greatly appreciated by the FPV community and could enable some really cool new perspectives and ways of filming.
There are some open source solutions to this, but everything we need for this to work is some lines of code from DJI for the Goggles 2.
Please make that happen DJI!!!
2023-2-26
Use props
SrgtGoat
lvl.1

United States

I have been doing fpv headtracking for a years now and just started using DJI products , what is it your trying to do ,??  I may be able to help, here's a link to my channel https://www.youtube.com/@mikesmith7722/videos                        there's some headtracking stuff on there, see if it's what you wanta do,  no videos of the dji stuff as of yet, but I am doing it , just haven't been able to record yet, I just figured it out today, so I will be posting vid's soon as the weather gets better,  let me know,,,,
2023-2-27
Use props
Robino
lvl.3

Slovakia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-12-21 19:00
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable due to compatibility issues but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

I want to see this feature implemented. It is a shame we cannot use it when it is already there. We could use Dji controller and then have a head tracker functioning but most of us already have much better transmiters, so it is not the way.

I believe, the head tracker data can be easily transfered to flight controller via O3 Air Unit and then it can be controlled via iNav or Betaflight.

2023-4-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Robino Posted at 4-19 22:35
I want to see this feature implemented. It is a shame we cannot use it when it is already there. We could use Dji controller and then have a head tracker functioning but most of us already have much better transmiters, so it is not the way.

I believe, the head tracker data can be easily transfered to flight controller via O3 Air Unit and then it can be controlled via iNav or Betaflight.

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we haven't received any updates regarding this said request. You may check DJI's official website for the latest news and updates. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-21
Use props
Robino
lvl.3

Slovakia

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-21 03:05
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we haven't received any updates regarding this said request. You may check DJI's official website for the latest news and updates. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I would take the head tracker enabled for O3 air unit as an apology for all problems caused, like blurry edges, not suitable face padding, and so on....
2023-4-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Robino Posted at 4-21 04:37
I would take the head tracker enabled for O3 air unit as an apology for all problems caused, like blurry edges, not suitable face padding, and so on....

Thank you for your response. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-24
Use props
djiuser_o9TefwsMpIFf
lvl.1

Germany

Hello guys from DJI,
please give us some more Informations about the date, I‘m waiting everday for this new feature.

This should be very easy to implement this as a new RX channel like in the Avata.

Greetz
Chris
2023-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_o9TefwsMpIFf Posted at 8-22 09:38
Hello guys from DJI,
please give us some more Informations about the date, I‘m waiting everday for this new feature.

Hi there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
2023-9-2
Use props
djiuser_o9TefwsMpIFf
lvl.1

Germany

can you please tell us, when it will be enabled ?
or is this on the upcoming plans for the future?

i cant understand how this cant work
2023-9-25
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

So sad, I thought about this as soon the new goggles were promoted with Avata and it's headtracking capabilities. Unfortunatelly it's not really enjoyable feature with Avata but not having it for the O3 Air unit is a deal breaker for sure!
I'm still using my V2 goggles with Avata and the potato and the new ones stay on the shelf unused, I'm considering selling them because I was hoping this head tracking function will be enabled in the future and
after the compact size ov the goggles 2 that was the second thing that bought me on them. Unfortunatelly as others say, poor fit on the face and nose bridge, blurry edges, only 100fps are just step backward from goggles V2.
1-1 08:53
Use props
maximum1908
lvl.1
Flight distance : 548658 ft
Austria

Hey DJI, any update on when this Feature  will be added? I really love to implement this feature in my planes! can't be this hard to implement two channels as the headtracking Gyro is already build into the goggles 2... sad to see that there are so little updates and support for the community from your side!
1-4 01:33
Use props
high
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Whats happening here? Would this also apply to the integra goggles?
1-13 05:49
Use props
maximum1908
lvl.1
Austria

high Posted at 1-13 05:49
Whats happening here? Would this also apply to the integra goggles?

yes that would also work as they both got a Gyro System in it. DJI doesn't allow you to use it without motion controller. So the function is not available without the DJI AVATA.
2-7 02:31
Use props
maximum1908
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-12-21 19:00
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable due to compatibility issues but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

Any Updates?
2-7 02:37
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hello. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, we don't have any updates regarding the said request. Please note that all suggestions will undergo evaluation and thus we don't have any timeframe for the suggestions to be implemented on a specific unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2-10 22:26
Use props
tbekas
New

Poland

I would love this feature getting implemented
2-28 05:22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

tbekas Posted at 2-28 05:22
I would love this feature getting implemented

Hi there. Thank you for joining this thread. Rest assured that this suggestion is already recorded for future consideration. Please note that not all requested suggestions will be approved since we need to consider some technical and firmware limitations. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2-29 02:21
Use props
djiuser_Xs2wOYefgCaJ
New

Germany

Please add headtracking to googles2 and inav
3-10 13:42
Use props
djiuser_Qif0ItBDBPBn
lvl.1

Germany

I would also find this function very helpful. It is difficult to understand why this cannot be made available to users via an update (since it is apparently supported by both devices on the hardware side). It would represent real added value and strengthen the bond with DJI.

Therefore the request: Please implement this function and make your customers happy.
3-26 06:40
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_Xs2wOYefgCaJ Posted at 3-10 13:42
Please add headtracking to googles2 and inav

Hello. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
3-28 23:17
Use props
Hannes Zietsman
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi. I have both the DJI O3 Air Unit and DJI Avata with the DJI Goggles 2 DJI RC Motion 2 but I'm looking for a gimble that can do this. Seems there is none and I need to add an additional sensor to do head tracking.

this is sad. why can't DJI just not punish the headtrack out on the SBus of the air unit?  
4-24 06:05
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

Hannes Zietsman Posted at 4-24 06:05
Hi. I have both the DJI O3 Air Unit and DJI Avata with the DJI Goggles 2 DJI RC Motion 2 but I'm looking for a gimble that can do this. Seems there is none and I need to add an additional sensor to do head tracking.

this is sad. why can't DJI just not punish the headtrack out on the SBus of the air unit?

"why can't DJI just not punish the headtrack out on the SBus of the air unit?"

I agree.  It's only two channels of data through the RC link and then to the SBus on the Air Unit.  But they probably won't add it because they want to reserve that feature for their own drones.
yesterday 08:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules