Persistent remote controller stick error even after calibration
7062 34 2022-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kimochi
lvl.2
United States

im unable to fly due to the remote controller stick error. updated goggles, avata, and RC to latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2. after going through calibration the error still did not go away.

2022-12-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please confirm if you are using the DJI FPV Remote controller 2? Is this issue happens after a firmware update or did the RC accidentally drop? If you could provide us an image showing the error message that would be very helpful for us to check here on our end. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-22
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

I've got the same issue.  Hoping we can find a solution.  Can you try to boot the drone up while you have your goggles connected to your phone with the fly app running?  When I do this, I do not get the error.
2022-12-22
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

have you set the throttle stick to not have the spring action?
2022-12-22
Use props
kimochi
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-22 19:04
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please confirm if you are using the DJI FPV Remote controller 2? Is this issue happens after a firmware update or did the RC accidentally drop? If you could provide us an image showing the error message that would be very helpful for us to check here on our end. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

its a brand new in box DJI Remote Controller 2 paired for the first time with my Avata. Whenever it's connected, under Status on Goggles 2 will display alert for Remote Controller requiring calibration and also a "remote controller stick error" on the lower right side of the main UI. After successfully calibrating the controller, the alert message is still there and it's still asking me to calibrate. All flight controls dont work except for the yaw control on the RC.
2022-12-23
Use props
kimochi
lvl.2
United States

BadBert Posted at 12-22 22:37

how do i set this up?
2022-12-23
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

kimochi Posted at 12-23 01:56
how do i set this up?

If you have not (and judging your question, you have not) , and you still have the throttle stick centered, i don't know what could be the problem.

if you would have set the trottle up so it stays at the position you set it, then there could be a reason and easy solution for the error ;)
2022-12-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

kimochi Posted at 12-23 01:55
its a brand new in box DJI Remote Controller 2 paired for the first time with my Avata. Whenever it's connected, under Status on Goggles 2 will display alert for Remote Controller requiring calibration and also a "remote controller stick error" on the lower right side of the main UI. After successfully calibrating the controller, the alert message is still there and it's still asking me to calibrate. All flight controls dont work except for the yaw control on the RC.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you please connect your DJI FPV Remote controller 2 to the DJI Assistant 2 again and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-23
Use props
kimochi
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-23 23:44
Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you please connect your DJI FPV Remote controller 2 to the DJI Assistant 2 again and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

yup still the same
2022-12-24
Use props
djiuser_oR96Z5l2K8Tw
lvl.2
United States

Have you pushed both sticks to center-down position (L stick to 5 o'clock, R stick to 8 o'clock) to see if the motors start up? I have the same issue, and after multiple calibrations, I ended up just ignoring it. I can still fly, with no issues, other than the annoyance of the message itself
2022-12-25
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

I don't think his issue is arming, it is the stick error that is persistent.  I have the same issue.  But I agree, when in N or S you must use the two sticks to arm, when in M you can double-click the arm button.
2022-12-25
Use props
kimochi
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_oR96Z5l2K8Tw Posted at 12-25 06:02
Have you pushed both sticks to center-down position (L stick to 5 o'clock, R stick to 8 o'clock) to see if the motors start up? I have the same issue, and after multiple calibrations, I ended up just ignoring it. I can still fly, with no issues, other than the annoyance of the message itself

omg this ^

Was this mentioned any where in the manual?  i didnt know i had to arm the unit - 5 and 8 oclock position in order to start the motors? On the motion controller it was just double tap hover to start. Also what's the "arm" button in M?
2022-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for keeping us posted. Could you please provide us with a short video showing the issue for us to forward it to our relevant team for further checking? Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-12-26
Use props
djiuser_V0n1pLIKD0zK
New
Flight distance : 308346 ft
Germany

Same issue
Also checked all screws (F1 and F2) but the error is still there.
2022-12-27
Use props
Jameshall
lvl.1
Flight distance : 340646 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Spoke to DJI Support about the error, same old response do update, calibrate and to no success, never flown the controller brand new and been an operator for 22 years so not my first rodeo. Couldn't identify the serial number and they said I would receive an email within 2 days with a returns label as it was DOA within the 15 days, no email and its been a week! The drone operates in all planes fine with no interference however the error if an incident would still break my operations authorisation and be unlawful so what is happening with this? A pointless expensive paperweight at present.
2023-1-1
Use props
Jameshall
lvl.1
Flight distance : 340646 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Look at the back of the controller, depending on how you fly, open the back cover and use the F2 screw to either release the tension or to apply tension, the F1 screw will also then add or take away resistance for you in the throttle, hope this helps.
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jameshall Posted at 1-1 04:27
Spoke to DJI Support about the error, same old response do update, calibrate and to no success, never flown the controller brand new and been an operator for 22 years so not my first rodeo. Couldn't identify the serial number and they said I would receive an email within 2 days with a returns label as it was DOA within the 15 days, no email and its been a week! The drone operates in all planes fine with no interference however the error if an incident would still break my operations authorisation and be unlawful so what is happening with this? A pointless expensive paperweight at present.

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we know if you have started a repair case already?
After you start a case, we will send you a related email asap.
If you did not start a case, you can check this link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2023-1-2
Use props
Dalí_
lvl.1
Colombia

I have a similar problem, my drone has only one flight, its new, I've recharged batteries, updated to the last firmware. Everything is good in the screen (googles 2, motion controller), the drone is flashing with the green light slowly so i understand everything is fine, And then when I press the stop button twice to take off the motion control just beeps twice and noting happen. I've tried the other way just pressing the stop button for 2 seconds and the same result, two beeps from the controller and nothing else happen. The only messages that appear in the screen is something like "check the area surrounding the propellers and start the motors" (is in Spanish so no idea which is the original English message) , the other message is "drone in low power mode". I don't know what else to do. I've calibrated the IMU and the drone and the controller, but nothing works. The drone has never been crashed (i did only fly it once), I've tried the two methods, no phone connected, and with the phone connected and the fly app running and nothing. Im located in Colombia, south America, pls Help!!
2023-1-14
Use props
kimochi
lvl.2
United States

Dalí_ Posted at 1-14 15:21
I have a similar problem, my drone has only one flight, its new, I've recharged batteries, updated to the last firmware. Everything is good in the screen (googles 2, motion controller), the drone is flashing with the green light slowly so i understand everything is fine, And then when I press the stop button twice to take off the motion control just beeps twice and noting happen. I've tried the other way just pressing the stop button for 2 seconds and the same result, two beeps from the controller and nothing else happen. The only messages that appear in the screen is something like "check the area surrounding the propellers and start the motors" (is in Spanish so no idea which is the original English message) , the other message is "drone in low power mode". I don't know what else to do. I've calibrated the IMU and the drone and the controller, but nothing works. The drone has never been crashed (i did only fly it once), I've tried the two methods, no phone connected, and with the phone connected and the fly app running and nothing. Im located in Colombia, south America, pls Help!!
I have the error message still but was able to start motor. Try the solution on first page - start the motor by setting L stick at 5 and R stick at 8oclock position at the same time
2023-1-15
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

I've got the same issue.
2023-1-15
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

kimochi Posted at 2022-12-23 01:55
its a brand new in box DJI Remote Controller 2 paired for the first time with my Avata. Whenever it's connected, under Status on Goggles 2 will display alert for Remote Controller requiring calibration and also a "remote controller stick error" on the lower right side of the main UI. After successfully calibrating the controller, the alert message is still there and it's still asking me to calibrate. All flight controls dont work except for the yaw control on the RC.

I have the same issue from the first moment I got the controller out of the box. I send the remote controller 2 back for replacement after 2 days of emails with the DJI support. You have to ask them to open a case for you manually, because there is no application form for replacement in the support page.
2023-1-15
Use props
Daliacute_
lvl.1
Colombia

kimochi Posted at 1-15 00:28
I have the error message still but start motor. Try the solution on first page - start the motor by setting L stick at 5 and R stick at 8oclock position at the same time

Thanks a lot for your reply, but in my case I just have the motion controller joystick, not the other one with the 2 sticks on it.
2023-1-17
Use props
djiuser_4baC3XG0DgKY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1450 ft
Germany

I have the same issue with a brand new Controller.  Please DJI come up with a solution for you customers
2023-2-21
Use props
djiuser_4baC3XG0DgKY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1450 ft
Germany

I have the same issue with a brand new Controller.  Please DJI come up with a solution for you customers
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_4baC3XG0DgKY Posted at 2-21 04:28

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have tried the RC calibration multiple times and the issue remains, we suggest you send the remote controller back for a proper diagnosis. Kindly contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for further assistance with the process. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day!
2023-2-21
Use props
Nickoooo_ZQN
lvl.1

New Zealand

No up or down
2023-4-7
Use props
djiuser_Jp9Jx9njW6zb
lvl.1

Italy

Mine too runs in that error. Confirmed that connect phone solve it even with virtual flight but for a while. Sometimes randomly appears again. Someone solve it? Have to use warranty to fix hardware?
2023-5-12
Use props
LWay
lvl.1
France

Hello,

For anyone who still encounters the error with a brand new DJI RC 2 out of the box.
Update your AVATA to the latest firmware 1.03.00 (DJI Assistant 2 Consumer drone series)
Update your DJI Radio Command 2 to the lastest firmware 2.XX.XX (DJI Assistant 2 Consumer drone series)

The problem is in the 3 lastest Google 2 Firmware for me (It is not hardware related DJI)  so I downgraded to the version which match the AVATA so 1.03.000 (you still have 2.7k 120fps)

Now, you need to do the 4 calibrations : 2 in N then S then M with this technique (you'll see why)

1. Launch everything (Avata + Google + RC 2)
2. Activate Manual Mode in RC control setting
3. Go back to camera view and be sure to be in N mode
4. Go to Status > Calibrate RC
5. The first calibration is just to get the real center (for the google), so put the stick approximately in the center and launch the calibration
IMPORTANT NOTE: Always calibrate the scroll wheel in last and BE SURE YOUR GIMBAL AXYS ARE ALL 0% before the calibration success screen.
6. Then relaunch the calibration (of course don't touch the stick between calibration or you need to return to step 5.)
7. Calibrate stick then Scrool WHEEL when all your axys are 0%
8. Ok now switch to S mode and calibrate again Gimbal, then 0%, then scroll wheel
9. Ok now switch to M mode and calibrate again Gimbal, then 0%, then scroll wheel
10. The message is gone.
11. If the message still there, just insist in M mode or return to step 5 and be sure sticks are 0% at the end of each calibrations and don't touch it between calibration.

Good luck
2023-6-7
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

2023-6-8
Use props
LWay
lvl.1
France

ro_walker Posted at 6-8 17:32

Yes, my throttle does not come back on its own. You just need to have 0% on all axys when you click "Calibrate" and just before calibration sucess. It's not hardware/spring related, this is just a double check in the firmware..
Little hint: Even when you are in the middle not touching anything, sometimes you can see in the googles the axys % goes like 0% -> 2% -> 0%.
Just move the stick around then recenter until you obtain a solid 0%. Good luck
2023-6-15
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

LWay Posted at 6-15 15:14
Yes, my throttle does not come back on its own. You just need to have 0% on all axys when you click "Calibrate" and just before calibration sucess. It's not hardware/spring related, this is just a double check in the firmware..
Little hint: Even when you are in the middle not touching anything, sometimes you can see in the googles the axys % goes like 0% -> 2% -> 0%.
Just move the stick around then recenter until you obtain a solid 0%. Good luck

2023-7-4
Use props
fans129667a0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261896 ft
Colombia

I have just bought the FPV RC2 and I have the same problem as you!
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans129667a0 Posted at 8-13 03:58
I have just bought the FPV RC2 and I have the same problem as you!

Hello there. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Have you already tried refreshing the remote's firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 (FPV Series)? You can download it here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... nt-2-dji-fpv-series. If you have already tried refreshing the firmware and doing the calibration, we suggest sending the RC for repair. You can submit a repair request and contact our support by using the following link: https://www.dji.com/global/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-13
Use props
carlosegs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261896 ft
Colombia

Hi Tony, yes I refresh the firmware many times and nothing happened
2023-8-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

carlosegs Posted at 8-14 03:37
Hi Tony, yes I refresh the firmware many times and nothing happened

Hello there. Will you be able to send us a video of the operation? You can save the video to Google Drive or YouTube and then send us the link. Thank you very much.
2023-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules