O3 AIR UNIT PROBLEM
5517 27 2022-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cesar Murillo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438845 ft
Colombia

Is it possible RXLOSS with full signal ?  Can you see a telemetry on  my googles 2 ,  I was lost control in my dji controller 2 ,  very close to me .
Sin título-9.jpg
2022-12-25
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are small null points in the signal coverage with any control method or video signal depending on pilot / kwad location. You also have environmental issues, that are most likely not obvious but can still have an effect on our signals.   
2022-12-25
Use props
Cesar Murillo
lvl.2
Colombia

CoreyFPV Posted at 12-25 22:46
There are small null points in the signal coverage with any control method or video signal depending on pilot / kwad location. You also have environmental issues, that are most likely not obvious but can still have an effect on our signals.

But  is dangerous ,   I saw in differents forums the original resiver of the O3 air unit has problems !   We need confiability !
2022-12-26
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38648 ft
United States

Cesar Murillo Posted at 12-26 04:36
But  is dangerous ,   I saw in differents forums the original resiver of the O3 air unit has problems !   We need confiability !

If you are talking about MadTech's video, although the O3 Air Unit treats failsafe slightly different from the original Air Unit - they have the same effect.

With the original Air Unit, the video failed first almost every time - then the control link - which was then useless because you couldn't see - and "punching out" just meant you were going to have to hunt for a lost quad in a greater area. With O3, it appears that the fail safe could be almost simultaneous.

Bottom line, if you watch your video quality and MBS, you can have complete confidence in the control link. If not, use ELRS for control... and then you can try and control without seeing a thing because the video dropped at the same time - which was what MadTech was suggesting - and which is quite impractical.

2022-12-26
Use props
Cesar Murillo
lvl.2
Colombia

CappyA330 Posted at 12-26 05:53
If you are talking about MadTech's video, although the O3 Air Unit treats failsafe slightly different from the original Air Unit - they have the same effect.

With the original Air Unit, the video failed first almost every time - then the control link - which was then useless because you couldn't see - and "punching out" just meant you were going to have to hunt for a lost quad in a greater area. With O3, it appears that the fail safe could be almost simultaneous.

Thks  for answer ,  but the  video signal always was good  ,  only lost the RX and the quad immediately disarm and going down ,  when the drone was disarm the record has stop
2022-12-26
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

2022-12-26
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38648 ft
United States

HDPS Posted at 12-26 12:04
https://youtu.be/teR4S9WxvEU

Respect for MadTech - but he is a DJI hater and has been for a while.
2022-12-26
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I personally don't trust youtubers reviews, they get free drones and money to talk sweet about the product. Recent example is a GEPRC Cinebot30 O3 with all positive reviews from the Kiss A## youtubers, I got one PNP Model a few days ago direct from GEPRC and was the worst build I ever saw, they mounted the DJI Air Unit O3 in certain way that the USB port and SD card port are behind the plastic cover from frame !!! How you supposed to use it? even the bind hole was not accessible,  the CLI files must be for another model, the Betaflight programing is all wrong, they never even tested the drone, would be better if they had sent it as a DIY Kit, their customer support took 5 days to reply a ticket and the reply had nothing to do with the problems. I will need disassemble it completely and re-build.  
So, hats off for DJI in this aspect, customer support and sold goods that no competitor can match.  Mads Tech youtuber at least seems like very technical about what he says.
2022-12-27
Use props
Cesar Murillo
lvl.2
Colombia

https://youtu.be/nyDqQX8ssQQ
2022-12-28
Use props
texasreddirt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82283 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cesar Murillo Posted at 2022-12-28 03:56
https://youtu.be/nyDqQX8ssQQ

I had this exact thing happen to me with my Nazgul. According to iFlight they're saying this is a DJI issue they're expecting to be fixed with a firmware update to the O3. Go find the iFlight Facebook page and you'll easily find a long post about it. I really would like to hear from DJI on this issue as my drone is currently grounded until this can be figured out. I would have ordered the drone with crossfire had I known about this issue.
2023-1-4
Use props
texasreddirt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82283 ft
  • >>>
United States

I should add, it appears this is only happening with the controller 2.
2023-1-4
Use props
Cesar Murillo
lvl.2
Colombia

texasreddirt Posted at 1-4 07:20
I had this exact thing happen to me with my Nazgul. According to iFlight they're saying this is a DJI issue they're expecting to be fixed with a firmware update to the O3. Go find the iFlight Facebook page and you'll easily find a long post about it. I really would like to hear from DJI on this issue as my drone is currently grounded until this can be figured out. I would have ordered the drone with crossfire had I known about this issue.

Yes ,  agree with that  ,  but DJI not say anything ,  my  drone is on ground  now ,  this situación would be  sdangerous !
2023-1-4
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am in the process to install another receiver and use my Taranis radio
2023-1-4
Use props
Luz
lvl.1

Germany

I had the same issue with the flywoo cineracer20 and the DJI controller. Fell out of the sky about every 7-8th flight. I had the (old) .400 software installed on  the controller. Air Unit was up-to-date. I upgraded the controller, but I am still worried that it will happen again. Are there any news about this issue? I have red somewhere that DJI admitted that this was a firmware bug.
2023-4-28
Use props
FPV Juice
lvl.2
Flight distance : 799701 ft
Germany

Luz Posted at 4-28 16:58
I had the same issue with the flywoo cineracer20 and the DJI controller. Fell out of the sky about every 7-8th flight. I had the (old) .400 software installed on  the controller. Air Unit was up-to-date. I upgraded the controller, but I am still worried that it will happen again. Are there any news about this issue? I have red somewhere that DJI admitted that this was a firmware bug.
Would be nice to get a statement.
2023-4-29
Use props
q8Qatami
lvl.2
Flight distance : 523428 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

same issue 3rd time now, and I lost one drone in the ocean because of it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5C46rnBRps
2023-5-5
Use props
q8Qatami
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kuwait

I had the same issue with the flywoo cineracer20 and the DJI controller. Fell out of the sky about every 7-8th flight. I had the (old) .400 software installed on  the controller. Air Unit was up-to-date. I upgraded the controller, but I am still worried that it will happen again. Are there any news about this issue? I have red somewhere that DJI admitted that this was a firmware bug.

Same issue, Please let me know if it happens on the latest version. I will report back the same!
2023-5-7
Use props
ecoprinter
lvl.1

Switzerland

I have the same issue. For me it helped to change the channel selection from manual to auto. I still have ocationally a very short RX_LOSS warning but whay less then with manual chanel selection.
2023-5-12
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, controller 2 doesn’t handle high noise environments, it maybe not always apparent, but the sheer uncertainty gives you a high degree of anxiety to made me switch to express LRS, no more connection anxiety
2023-5-12
Use props
q8Qatami
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kuwait

I had the same issue with the flywoo cineracer20 and the DJI controller. Fell out of the sky about every 7-8th flight. I had the (old) .400 software installed on  the controller. Air Unit was up-to-date. I upgraded the controller, but I am still worried that it will happen again. Are there any news about this issue? I have red somewhere that DJI admitted that this was a firmware bug.

Had the issue happen to me once more on latest remote update...
2023-5-25
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3085075 ft
Netherlands

got rxloss a few times but really short so nothing wrong and thank god close by...thinking on expresslrs but dont know how to implement it...yet...I really like the easy setup but not very reliable....I wont go long range with this dji setup..what a shame
2023-5-25
Use props
djiuser_t6u730ELD7Zr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 793009 ft
United States

Sorry link failed to get entered.

I have added O3 Air Units to multiple  drones and I crash do to an RXLOSS every 3 or 4 packs.  This happens with both the goggles 2 and the Integra goggles.  I am using the grey controller that I got with the DJI FPV.  All my equipment has the latest DJI firmware.  I often get a brief RXLOSS when the drone changes from back to front of me while flying less than 50 ft away.  This RXLOSS seldom leads to a failsafe crash, but I also encounter RXLOSS within a hundred yards in front of me.  These are the cases where RXLOSS is prolonged resulting in a crash.  In none of these cases have I seen a loss in signal strength and I have not lost video.

I have sent DJI logs and goggle videos demonstrating this problem to DJI, but their only response was to offer me an SD card for my troubles.

The following link shows the Betaflight Black Box log where a failsafe occurred due to RXLOSS.  As you can see SBUS frames stopped being delivered before the loss of signals was recognized initiating the failsafe.

2023-5-26
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3085075 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_t6u730ELD7Zr Posted at 5-26 22:28
I have added O3 Air Units to multiple  drones and I crash do to an RXLOSS every 3 or 4 packs.  This happens with both the goggles 2 and the Integra goggles.  I am using the grey controller that I got with the DJI FPV.  All my equipment has the latest DJI firmware.  I often get a brief RXLOSS when the drone changes from back to front of me while flying less than 50 ft away.  This RXLOSS seldom leads to a failsafe crash, but I also encounter RXLOSS within a hundred yards in front of me.  These are the cases where RXLOSS is prolonged resulting in a crash.  In none of these cases have I seen a loss in signal strength and I have not lost video.

I have sent DJI logs and goggle videos demonstrating this problem to DJI, but their only response was to offer me an SD card for my troubles.

really? a SD card?
2023-5-27
Use props
Guy Aroshas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604426 ft
Israel

djiuser_t6u730ELD7Zr Posted at 5-26 22:28

I have sent DJI logs and goggle videos demonstrating this problem to DJI, but their only response was to offer me an SD card for my troubles.

What debug mode do you use for blackbox?
2023-5-27
Use props
djiuser_t6u730ELD7Zr
lvl.2
United States

I am using debug Mode SBUS
2023-5-27
Use props
Guy Aroshas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604426 ft
Israel

Would you care to explain where you see the packets cut off? Because all I see is variation in frame time.
2023-5-28
Use props
djiuser_t6u730ELD7Zr
lvl.2
United States

Guy Aroshas Posted at 5-28 07:49
Would you care to explain where you see the packets cut off? Because all I see is variation in frame time.

I'm not seeing the screen shot  of the Black Box output, but just incase it shows after I hit the submit button here is the time sequence illustrated in the image:
RC Commands and Frame TIme quit updating
        100 ms elapse
Rx Signal Received and Rx Flight Ch. Valid drop from 1 to 0
        200 ms elapse
RC Commands go to Channel Fallback Settings except throttle is 1157 instead of 1200
        1200 ms elapse
Failsafe Phase goes from 0 to 6
        100 ms elapse
RC Command (throttle) goes  from 1157 to 1000
        12 ms elapse
Disarm: GPS_RESCUE flag
Went into Failsafe 1.5 seconds after RC Commands and Frame Time quit updating.
This is as specified in Betaflight Configurator.

In an earlier part of the flight the RC Commands and Frame Time quit updating and the RX Signal Received and Rx Flight Ch. Valid dropped from 1 to 0 after 100 ms, but updating recovered after 50 ms more and flight continued.

2023-5-29
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HDPS Posted at 2022-12-27 18:21
I personally don't trust youtubers reviews, they get free drones and money to talk sweet about the product. Recent example is a GEPRC Cinebot30 O3 with all positive reviews from the Kiss A## youtubers, I got one PNP Model a few days ago direct from GEPRC and was the worst build I ever saw, they mounted the DJI Air Unit O3 in certain way that the USB port and SD card port are behind the plastic cover from frame !!! How you supposed to use it? even the bind hole was not accessible,  the CLI files must be for another model, the Betaflight programing is all wrong, they never even tested the drone, would be better if they had sent it as a DIY Kit, their customer support took 5 days to reply a ticket and the reply had nothing to do with the problems. I will need disassemble it completely and re-build.  
So, hats off for DJI in this aspect, customer support and sold goods that no competitor can match.  Mads Tech youtuber at least seems like very technical about what he says.

I agree with the fact that YT reviewers just can't be trusted, as they just churn out vid after vid and say the same stuff. DroneCamps is a prime example. He came onto FB and got called out....He also got exposed for the person he really is. A few of us disagreed with his video and his attitude change immediately. Showed what he was really like and haven't heard from him since. They don't care about the products and test them in the same locations, do the same things and it's the "Best quad ever!!!!!" in almost every review. Can't beat real pilots, in real locations to answer questions. Companies don't see this though and still stick with the same lame people. MT does it in a more technical way and mostly does a deep delve on most of his vids. He's certainly helped a lot of FPV pilots, including myself over the years.
2023-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules