No limited video recording?
6249 10 2022-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j.brands2.chello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438917 ft
Netherlands

Does the Mini 3 not have a limitation for video recordings as Mini 3 Pro does have it?
Mini3 detail.png
Mini3 Pro detail.png
2022-12-26
Use props
j.brands2.chello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438917 ft
Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-27 06:46
I do not believe that "30 minute max" is correct as I have recorded beyond 30 minutes continuously in a single flight (see attached 32:44 video recorded with a Mini 3 Pro).  I do know that the maximum file SIZE for a video is ~4 GB, the length in time of which will vary depending upon your chosen resolution & frame rate.  These segments splice together seamlessly in post with no frame loss.  As the Mini 3 camera is nearly identical to that in the Mini 3 Pro, I imagine both function identically.  That said I feel there are very few scenarios where you will be recording for 30 minutes straight.

https://youtu.be/5MqnVxBRxZs

Let's hope DJI will respond.
2022-12-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, j.brands2.chello. Thank you for reaching out. The limitation for video recording applied as well on Mini 3. Given the maximum flight time and recording quality of the aircraft, a single video recording is designed to be up to about 30 minutes. If this limit is exceeded, the recording will automatically stop. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-12-28
Use props
KJ7YM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161427 ft
United States

I have the DJI Mini 3 Pro. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get any video recording beyond 5minutes and 23 Seconds. It just stops recording and then starts a new one. Any ideas guys? Thank You.
2023-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KJ7YM Posted at 3-2 22:54
I have the DJI Mini 3 Pro. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get any video recording beyond 5minutes and 23 Seconds. It just stops recording and then starts a new one. Any ideas guys? Thank You.

The limitation is not time=based.
It's a file size limit.
If you reduce the resolution or frame rate, the time will be longer, but the same file size limit will apply.
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

KJ7YM Posted at 3-2 22:54
I have the DJI Mini 3 Pro. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get any video recording beyond 5minutes and 23 Seconds. It just stops recording and then starts a new one. Any ideas guys? Thank You.

Hi there, may I ask if each video reaches 4GB? For FAT32, since the maximum supported file size is 2^32KB = 4GB, a single file cannot be larger than 4GB and must be split when beyond 4GB, otherwise the file may be lost or abnormal, or cannot be read.
2023-3-3
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

Mindy: from 64gb and above no fat32 is used..
2023-4-7
Use props
Captgeo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1195472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why though?  I use a Insta360 oneRS regularly and it can do a single file of greater length.  Is it just DJI limiting this?  My SD card in my M3 is formatted in exFAT so it has to be DJI limiting.

2023-9-28
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Good that someone brought this theme back up, as I was going to ask the same thing. Why is the recording split into blocks ? For me it is 3.76 GB with a Mini 3 Pro. When I take the Micro SD out of the drone to get the movie onto the Mac, I always get these chopped up movie blocks. But on the RC I can watch the movie as a whole without any interruption. On the Mac, I would have to stitch the parts together in an editing program but my iMovie doesn't support such high resolutions and so I can't edit the movie in full resolution or upload it to YouTube. I am not happy with this splitting a recording into parts.

2023-9-28
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

relaxosmo Posted at 4-7 22:52
Mindy: from 64gb and above no fat32 is used..

It is entirely possible to format beyond 64GB in fat32, or exfat you can even format a 1TB hard drive (or card) if you wish, given that it is the drone which does the formatting or in case you gives him an ntfs card, for example, whatever 32,64,128 GB or more, it will be in fat 32 or exfat format.
2023-9-29
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

2023-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules