M3P- We DEMAND waypoints
12Next >
2094 62 2022-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Acuity9
lvl.1
United States

I’m the owner of a Mini 3 Pro, and there is no reason DJI can’t allow it to have waypoints. It has NOTHING to do with obstacle avoidance, waypoints use GPS, compass heading, altimeter and gimble angle. The whole idea is for the ability to plan and shoot flights that avoid obstacles.  The ability to use waypoints for setting up shots and for mapping was WAY overdue for DJI, and this is the first and last time I buy anything “pro”  from DJI only to get castrated functionality.  I’ve been able to do waypoints with Yuneec for five years WITH visual camera coverage by angle and altitude without side-mounted obstacle avoidance for fully automated flight.  Give your customers the tools they need and stop screwing around.
2022-12-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You might as well make demands of El Capitan.
Asking might evoke a more favourable response when dealing with people..
2022-12-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

why not act like a true american who believes in capitalism and vote with your dollars?  that's way more effective than pretending like you are spoiled and privileged.  it's evident you have the wrong equipment for the job; why not spend your time and money to make wise, informed decisions instead of making silly demands.  like many americans, you have it misplaced.  you redress your grievances and make demands of your government, not private companies.  
2022-12-28
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Nowhere in the manual does it say that there are waypoints. And DJI has not promised anywhere yet. But we hope to increase the functionality.
The PRO prefix is also not regulated anywhere.
2022-12-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1st off, whats this DEMANDING lark? how rude!
2nd, Pro means nothing in the sense that you think it does, I thought it was because DJI was trying to set it aside from previous Mini's but that wasn't the case, they obviously had 2 Mini 3's in the works, therefore, the "Pro" insignia just distinguishes it from the Mini 3, it does not mean it is to be used for professional use, I'm not saying it shouldn't be, thats your choice, I'm saying its primary usage isn't commercial.
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable due to compatibility issues but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wasn't there a Simpsons episode where an old man yelled at the sky?  Making demands like this sets a weird tone.  Just make the feature request .  
2022-12-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 12-28 18:27
1st off, whats this DEMANDING lark? how rude!
2nd, Pro means nothing in the sense that you think it does, I thought it was because DJI was trying to set it aside from previous Mini's but that wasn't the case, they obviously had 2 Mini 3's in the works, therefore, the "Pro" insignia just distinguishes it from the Mini 3, it does not mean it is to be used for professional use, I'm not saying it shouldn't be, thats your choice, I'm saying its primary usage isn't commercial.

@Bashy - I am so glad to see somebody else thought so as well.  Ridiculous when folks lay on here with the all caps then "demand".  Talk about socially awkward!
2022-12-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-28 18:37
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable due to compatibility issues but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

Thats interesting, i think that's the 1st time I've seen one of you say "due to compatibility issues", that does not bode well, is it due to a lack of resources?
2022-12-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 12-28 20:40
@Bashy - I am so glad to see somebody else thought so as well.  Ridiculous when folks lay on here with the all caps then "demand".  Talk about socially awkward!

What really gripped my poop is that they spoke for all of us, i mean, whats this "we" business?
2022-12-28
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

"We"   ---   ???

"DEMAND"   ---   ???      
2022-12-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 All pro drones should get way points.  
2022-12-29
Use props
provanguard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74911 ft
United States

Please kindly consider this request DJI
+1 from me for waypoints on Mini 3 PRO.
2022-12-29
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

Agreed this is beyond stupid. Lot's of little daft things still bug me that could be fixed in a very short space of time. Let me sit down with them and sort it out in 15 mins then let em write the new firmware...
2022-12-29
Use props
Acuity9
lvl.1
United States

I love it when people speak up in favor of manufacturers that don’t supply fundamental features to their products.  Those of you who don’t intend on using these tools to their full expectations don’t have any floor to speak on. Those of you who have never seen what waypoint ability offers are missing the boat entirely. And DJI, after having waypoints then NOT having waypoints and now reintroducing them to only a subset of their product line made it impossible to invest predictably.  “Incompatibility” is NOT a satisfactory answer when waypoints from “lesser” manufacturers have been around for years.  Stop berating me for challenging DJI for features we all should have at our disposal. Demand more from your tools instead.
2022-12-29
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Software functions are a matter of complexity. You have to pay for in the end. The surplus you pay for drones like the Mavic series is not just only a hardware matter, it's also the result of the work going into the software.
So if you want a bigger package than the Mini 3 Pro offers, you have to buy bigger. Invest more into your gear.
2022-12-29
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Plus one for waypoints.
2022-12-29
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

SeehawerB Posted at 12-29 04:26
Software functions are a matter of complexity. You have to pay for in the end. The surplus you pay for drones like the Mavic series is not just only a hardware matter, it's also the result of the work going into the software.
So if you want a bigger package than the Mini 3 Pro offers, you have to buy bigger. Invest more into your gear.

Some users want to keep to a small drone for reasons such as where it can be flown. You are backing up the company, I get it but perhaps a wider view should be taken?
2022-12-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Acuity9 Posted at 12-29 03:28
I love it when people speak up in favor of manufacturers that don’t supply fundamental features to their products.  Those of you who don’t intend on using these tools to their full expectations don’t have any floor to speak on. Those of you who have never seen what waypoint ability offers are missing the boat entirely. And DJI, after having waypoints then NOT having waypoints and now reintroducing them to only a subset of their product line made it impossible to invest predictably.  “Incompatibility” is NOT a satisfactory answer when waypoints from “lesser” manufacturers have been around for years.  Stop berating me for challenging DJI for features we all should have at our disposal. Demand more from your tools instead.

i have waypoints/missions in my mavic 2, mavic 3, autel evo 2 pro and even the skydio 2 will do keyframes.  stop acting like people don't know what they're missing, you are being ridiculous.  again, if a product doesn't meet your full expectation, part with it instead of complaining.  perhaps if other manufacturers had several dozen drones to tend to, they wouldn't be able to feature waypoints in all of their drones either.

i love it when people speak down to the manufacturers as if they should take their strategic marching orders from a single customer.   waypoints is not "fundamental" it's just another feature.  if dji charged $10/month to turn it on in your software, would you pay the subscription fee?  i wouldn't put it past them because in a mini drone, so few people would use the feature (imo) it just may not be worthwhile for them to do this.  perhaps they thought it was sensible to implement waypoints in some small way i.e. hyperlapse and how many people use that?
2022-12-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Acuity9 Posted at 12-29 03:28
I love it when people speak up in favor of manufacturers that don’t supply fundamental features to their products.  Those of you who don’t intend on using these tools to their full expectations don’t have any floor to speak on. Those of you who have never seen what waypoint ability offers are missing the boat entirely. And DJI, after having waypoints then NOT having waypoints and now reintroducing them to only a subset of their product line made it impossible to invest predictably.  “Incompatibility” is NOT a satisfactory answer when waypoints from “lesser” manufacturers have been around for years.  Stop berating me for challenging DJI for features we all should have at our disposal. Demand more from your tools instead.

You missed our point, its not what you asked for, its how you did it and in turn brought everyone else down to your level.

I know waypoints, I've used them, i would love to have them again so its would always be a +1 from me but no one speaks for me, i have my own voice and its a tad politer than yours.

Being demanding isn't the way to go about it.
2022-12-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-29 01:26
+1 All pro drones should get way points.

Did you see, Paladin's reply?
"this function is unavailable due to compatibility issues"
2022-12-29
Use props
zigs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11457 ft
United States

Waypoints would be nice. My guess is the Mini 3pro is cannibalizing sales of the Mavic so it got waypoints and the 3pro may never get them.
2022-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-29 07:56
Did you see, Paladin's reply?
"this function is unavailable due to compatibility issues"

No I missed that.  Perhaps then the mini3 doesn’t have the cpu or storage requirements to support it.  
2022-12-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-29 08:34
No I missed that.  Perhaps then the mini3 doesn’t have the cpu or storage requirements to support it.

the majority of people who chime in on this particular situation has claimed that waypoints is already in the drone (as demonstrated by waypoints hyperlapse) and the complete functionality and capability is indeed already in the drone including the technical requirements but is in fact being purposely withheld and/or blocked in some misguided freakish attempt by dji to drive sales to the mavic 3 (which btw, just got waypoints).  they do not believe any statements that claim "incompatibility."
2022-12-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

zigs Posted at 12-29 08:06
Waypoints would be nice. My guess is the Mini 3pro is cannibalizing sales of the Mavic so it got waypoints and the 3pro may never get them.

wow, that's quite a stretch.  cannibalizing?  
2022-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 12-29 10:36
the majority of people who chime in on this particular situation has claimed that waypoints is already in the drone (as demonstrated by waypoints hyperlapse) and the complete functionality and capability is indeed already in the drone including the technical requirements but is in fact being purposely withheld and/or blocked in some misguided freakish attempt by dji to drive sales to the mavic 3 (which btw, just got waypoints).  they do not believe any statements that claim "incompatibility."

My thinking is that it can’t fly waypoints without the controller doing the work unlike the Mavic that can do it disconnected.  
2022-12-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-29 10:43
My thinking is that it can’t fly waypoints without the controller doing the work unlike the Mavic that can do it disconnected.

prob so but the naysayers are going to claim just grey out that particular function and deliver the rest.  if the m3p loses connection on waypoints, rth or hover.
2022-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 12-29 10:47
prob so but the naysayers are going to claim just grey out that particular function and deliver the rest.  if the m3p loses connection on waypoints, rth or hover.

Well that’s a possibility.    Thing is the waypoints feature in a Mavic 3 would be useless to me but on a <250g drone I could make good use of it.   DJI need to realise that small drones are more versatile in the biggest markets for them.  
2022-12-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-29 10:51
Well that’s a possibility.    Thing is the waypoints feature in a Mavic 3 would be useless to me but on a

it took almost a year for waypoints to make their way to the m3.  it's not yet over for the m3p, it's still possible they could make it available in some form later this spring.
2022-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 12-29 10:55
it took almost a year for waypoints to make their way to the m3.  it's not yet over for the m3p, it's still possible they could make it available in some form later this spring.

Just in time for me getting the mini 4 then
2022-12-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-29 11:06
Just in time for me getting the mini 4 then

Good one!!!
2022-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’m entitled to a free one at the local store so I will be upgrading it.    Besides my mini 3 is over 4300km now so is due a retirement.  
2022-12-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

i am almost at the point of thinking we should give dji a one-year soak period before diving into their new drones.  it's been a little rough for their drones lately and unless you want to endure the countless upgrades and feature releases, maybe it might make sense to let others pickup the mantel.  i know i'll never buy another autel drone on day one.  for them, it's the prices which are almost cut in half after the first year; tired of paying full price.
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_VmihpNUfxVT3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60935 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-29 13:24
i am almost at the point of thinking we should give dji a one-year soak period before diving into their new drones.  it's been a little rough for their drones lately and unless you want to endure the countless upgrades and feature releases, maybe it might make sense to let others pickup the mantel.  i know i'll never buy another autel drone on day one.  for them, it's the prices which are almost cut in half after the first year; tired of paying full price.

But there's not enough people on this board to accomplish anything like you described.
2022-12-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_VmihpNUfxVT3 Posted at 12-29 14:33
But there's not enough people on this board to accomplish anything like you described.

hehe, all it's going to take it one person in order to accomplish what i am looking to do:  just me.  not really going to matter what others do and people will need to decide for themselves how they want to proceed.  keep in mind, im not trying to force dji to do anything; all i am doing it responding to the way they operate and i feel like i will make better use of my time and resources by delaying my purchase decision for approximately one year/season.  i've already started to do this (i.e. i did not suffer thru the m3 gps debacle and the first day i fly the m3, i will have waypoints).  overall, i will continue to do whatever i can to help the drone cause and in particular, the dji-related issues but i may not be up to speed on everything going forward.
2022-12-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-29 08:34

Thats my way of thinking, but ya never know, he could have meant not enough in-house resources, i.e. programmers. Sadly, if they do release a slimmed-down version, it will be of no use to me, if it cannot continue on disconnection then i ain't interested.
2022-12-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 12-29 15:15
hehe, all it's going to take it one person in order to accomplish what i am looking to do:  just me.  not really going to matter what others do and people will need to decide for themselves how they want to proceed.  keep in mind, im not trying to force dji to do anything; all i am doing it responding to the way they operate and i feel like i will make better use of my time and resources by delaying my purchase decision for approximately one year/season.  i've already started to do this (i.e. i did not suffer thru the m3 gps debacle and the first day i fly the m3, i will have waypoints).  overall, i will continue to do whatever i can to help the drone cause and in particular, the dji-related issues but i may not be up to speed on everything going forward.

Well to be honest, in my humble opinion and of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also looking into this matter from a different perspective and without one being condemning of one's views, by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and everyone's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I have completely forgotten what I was going to say.....
2022-12-29
Use props
PhantomX
lvl.3
United States

+1!

I second the original poster's demand lol
2022-12-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 12-29 17:53
Well to be honest, in my humble opinion and of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also looking into this matter from a different perspective and without one being condemning of one's views, by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and everyone's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I have completely forgotten what I was going to say.....

Without sounding mean, I can finish your thoughts here - waypoints, PLEASE!!!
2022-12-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-29 18:36
Without sounding mean, I can finish your thoughts here - waypoints, PLEASE!!!

Thats cause i'd already added a +1 in post #26 ;)
2022-12-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules