1448 16 2022-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Does anyone know why I cannot set the Gimbal action when setting/doing waypoints. I set up all my waypoints, set the POI, then set all waypoints to face POI, but cannot select Gimbal to face down -30degrees to record a subject or I cannot set the Gimbal action to be on manual. When i try and set it to manual the waypoints then automatically changes from facing the POI and goes to follow waypoints heading.
2022-12-28
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not only 'gimbal tilt', my observation is 'heading' as well. Looks like once you set the waypoints to face POI, it is then not possible to fine tune each one individually. Once you change heading on a waypoint, all the other waypoints will default back to follow route instead.
2022-12-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 12-28 17:02
Not only 'gimbal tilt', my observation is 'heading' as well. Looks like once you set the waypoints to face POI, it is then not possible to fine tune each one individually. Once you change heading on a waypoint, all the other waypoints will default back to follow route instead.

Yes, that is also what I noticed. Unless you are flying low and facing the waypoint correctly there is no way to manually control the camera - wish Dji would give us the manual control or just release the SDK like we all want so that we can use Litchi
2022-12-28
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 12-28 17:31
Yes, that is also what I noticed. Unless you are flying low and facing the waypoint correctly there is no way to manually control the camera - wish Dji would give us the manual control or just release the SDK like we all want so that we can use Litchi

I thought you could select 'manual' and let it fly the whole course by itself; while you control the camera's heading and tilt? Haven't tried it myself but I thought I read it on DJI's latest intro email
2022-12-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 12-28 18:12
I thought you could select 'manual' and let it fly the whole course by itself; while you control the camera's heading and tilt? Haven't tried it myself but I thought I read it on DJI's latest intro email

I also have not tried manual, I did set it to that but it was not focusing on the POI so I tried to get it to focus there while I have manual control of tilting the camera
2022-12-28
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

My problem is I can't get it to show the flight route and the waypoints of a saved mission on a map, so that I can make minor changes at any waypoint to fine tune it. It's just a black screen with the waypoint panel on the bottom!
2022-12-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 12-28 19:16
My problem is I can't get it to show the flight route and the waypoints of a saved mission on a map, so that I can make minor changes at any waypoint to fine tune it. It's just a black screen with the waypoint panel on the bottom!

Its a stupid question but did you download the off line maps
2022-12-28
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Waypoints or manual adjustment of the camera, both do not exist / cannot exist...
2022-12-28
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 12-28 21:19
Its a stupid question but did you download the off line maps

Tried both, connected to internet, with offline maps downloaded. Map, route and waypoints are all showing when creating a new mission. But once the mission is saved, then nothing shows when it's re-opened, except for the panel on the bottom with the buttons
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Suren. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that this behavior is normal. POI includes altitude information, and the default is 50m. If the waypoint is linked with the POI, the aircraft gimbal action cannot be set as manual. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2022-12-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 12-28 23:49
Tried both, connected to internet, with offline maps downloaded. Map, route and waypoints are all showing when creating a new mission. But once the mission is saved, then nothing shows when it's re-opened, except for the panel on the bottom with the buttons

I will try that and let you know
2022-12-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Tony Posted at 12-28 23:59
Hi, Suren. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that this behavior is normal. POI includes altitude information, and the default is 50m. If the waypoint is linked with the POI, the aircraft gimbal action cannot be set as manual. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.

Thanks for that bit of information, is there any plans to change this in the future or maybe Dji can release the SDk so that Litchi can do this? Will make the Mavic 3 even more of a beast if this could happen.
2022-12-29
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Suren Posted at 12-28 17:31

I'm not so sure I'll use Litchi again. Waypoints does all the things for me that Litchi did with a few exceptions: web-based planning, multiple actions per waypoint...
Re: gimbal tilt Litchi had a huge disadvantage: you had NO control at all over gimbal tilt when there was no connection with the RC.
2022-12-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Suren Posted at 12-29 01:54
Thanks for that bit of information, is there any plans to change this in the future or maybe Dji can release the SDk so that Litchi can do this? Will make the Mavic 3 even more of a beast if this could happen.

You are most welcome. We understand that SDK has been requested in the past, but we will continue to gather suggestions and forward them to our engineers. And regarding the Waypoint logic when used with POI, we have not received any information in line with any upcoming changes or development. For the latest updates, please stay tuned on the DJI Official website (www.dji.com). Thank you, and have a nice day.
2022-12-30
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

the poi is your gimbals instruction.  your using poi or gible action, not both.  waypoints gets complicated fast.
2022-12-30
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-30 06:27
the poi is your gimbals instruction.  your using poi or gible action, not both.  waypoints gets complicated fast.

Correct.
I don't understand what OP wants to do: if you want the camera to be pointed at the POI that you select both the heading and camera tilt will be adjusted to face the POI at the height and heading you set in defining the POI. You can not ask the camera to take the POI as a subject and expect then that you can manually change this ...
Or am I missing something ?.
2022-12-31
Use props
djiuser_Py0zK0T3u6eb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239124 ft
France

I have the same problem. I fixed the poi for a church and I do not change the gimbal tilt. The problem is greater if the drone is close to the poi.
2023-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules