Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Transmission.
1228 9 2022-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
superCoolDude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 453950 ft
United States

Hello! I have been looking at my drone and flying it now for a while. The manual for the drone says it can go up to 4km. But I lost connection at 1.75km. Is it possible to change channels on my phone. And if so, how?
Remote Controller: C2
DJI mini SE: MR1SS5.
Thanks!
2022-12-29
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

4km is the theoretical max distance under perfect, ideal conditions with zero interference. I think 1.75km is not bad for a drone connection with WiFi.
2022-12-29
Use props
superCoolDude
lvl.3
United States

Oh, ok. Thanks.
2022-12-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, superCoolDude. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. The maximum transmission distance indicated is measured in an unobstructed environment free of interference and shows the farthest communication range for one-way, non-return flights under each standard, just as ArcticPhoto mentioned. The main contributors to transmission issues are signal interference, electromagnetic interference, obstruction, etc. in the flight environment. For optimal performance, we recommend that you fly in an open area. And as much as possible, free from interference.
Regarding changing the transmission channel, you may do so by going into Settings>Transmission>Channel Mode.
Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2022-12-29
Use props
fansabe45df9
lvl.3

New Zealand

DJI Tony Posted at 12-29 23:02
Hi, superCoolDude. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. The maximum transmission distance indicated is measured in an unobstructed environment free of interference and shows the farthest communication range for one-way, non-return flights under each standard, just as ArcticPhoto mentioned. The main contributors to transmission issues are signal interference, electromagnetic interference, obstruction, etc. in the flight environment. For optimal performance, we recommend that you fly in an open area. And as much as possible, free from interference.
Regarding changing the transmission channel, you may do so by going into Settings>Transmission>Channel Mode.
Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.

After all these and more users are having problems reconnecting and now basically have a dead drone after switching the channel from auto to manual you suggest to do that lol
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D775%26typeid%3D775
2022-12-30
Use props
fansabe45df9
lvl.3

New Zealand

Double post sorry
2022-12-30
Use props
3putt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5299 ft
United States

Do NOT switch from AUTO to MANUAL transmission mode.   Your MINI SE will not reconnect after that and DJI has not provided a fix.  Just returned mine this morning to Amazon and waiting on a replacement.  I spoke with DJI Support on the phone and they had no solution other than to send it back for evaluation.  Support had me try several things but nothing worked.  

2023-1-5
Use props
superCoolDude
lvl.3
United States

3putt Posted at 1-5 13:10
Do NOT switch from AUTO to MANUAL transmission mode.   Your MINI SE will not reconnect after that and DJI has not provided a fix.  Just returned mine this morning to Amazon and waiting on a replacement.  I spoke with DJI Support on the phone and they had no solution other than to send it back for evaluation.  Support had me try several things but nothing worked.

What Happened?
2023-1-9
Use props
superCoolDude
lvl.3
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-10 04:27
Transmission-wise the Mini SE is identical to the original Mini.  In the right environment it will go 4 km (~2.5 miles).  In this Mini 1 flight I still had contact when I turned around but the bird barely made it back with only 3% battery remaining.

https://youtu.be/Z9UpI74QvIM

Oh, Ok. Thanks for the tips!
2023-2-18
Use props
3putt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5299 ft
United States

The mini SE would not connect to the controller.  I sent it back.  I never found out why.  
2023-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules