Recording stops after 1 hour
1999 8 2022-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Falcon24
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi all,

I'll hope someone can help me to find the problem I experience. I have searched this forum deeply, but without finding the same issue.

What I have:
  • DJI Osmo Action
  • Kingston 64GB microSDXC card. SDCR/64GB (it has 100MB/s reading and 80MB/s writing speed)
    Class 10, Class A1, UHS Class 3, UHS-I, Video Speed Class 30

What I want to do:
  • With an empty microSD card I want to record as much as I can until the card is full. (no looping)
  • To record as much as I can, i can use the USB-C cable connected.

What the problem is:
  • With or without charging cable connected, the Osmo Actions stops recording after about 1 hour.
  • The first time used recording while charging, the OA record for about 2,5 hours.
  • On the microSD card there is space enough to record for about 3,8 hours. (1080 / 30fps)

Questions:
  • Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? / Why does it stop after 1 hour?
  • How can I fully use my microSD for recording?

Is a solution to buy f.e. another microSD card? I have seen Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB has a writing speed of 90MB/s. Does that make the difference?
Other suggestions?

I would like to thank you in advance for your help! Realy appreciated.

2022-12-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. Due to the limitation of the SD card file system and in order to protect the safety of your footage, the video will be automatically split when the size of the video reaches 4G size. This is a normal phenomenon, Please rest assured to use. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-29
Use props
Falcon24
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-29 20:41
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. Due to the limitation of the SD card file system and in order to protect the safety of your footage, the video will be automatically split when the size of the video reaches 4G size. This is a normal phenomenon, Please rest assured to use. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you for your reply. I was aware that the recorded files were splitted in parts of 4gb each. That is not a problem for me. I still don't know why i can't record for a longer time.

Does buying another/better sd card help?
2022-12-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Falcon24 Posted at 12-29 22:30
Thank you for your reply. I was aware that the recorded files were splitted in parts of 4gb each. That is not a problem for me. I still don't know why i can't record for a longer time.

Does buying another/better sd card help?

We appreciate your response. You may try to use a recommended SD card for the DJI Osmo Action. You may refer to the image below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-12-31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

SOrry to hear you are having some difficulties trying to record longer than an Hour, non-stop, sorry the staff answered to a chaptering of file sizes and directed to  various cards. lets try to offer some help that   they did not understand, on the outdated Osmo Action camera, possible the staff was rushing their answer without reading (Wink DJI paledin).

Try this:

1 write down your settings of the OA, save your files on your card to a place and get the   firmware off the site and  make up a txt doc.

step one: on a windows computer do a full format, then a quick format,  if a mac user  you get the idea. we will format to the camera later.
step two:  on the camera  do a factory reset.
step three: on the computer load in to the driver the firmware.bin, and create a txt doc shown in the video ,  also I show how to reload firmware and all.

step four: format the card in the camera

If you are 100% certain you shot video mode only  and not Custome, or Loop, possible the camera could have  saved   the one hour, but you mentioned you were certain you were not on loop. If this does not clear the issue you have.  If you need to contact DJI repair do so, talk to them, and may  request for a repair, and ones expense.

I hope  this helps you out then  to say chapters

FISH
2023-1-1
Use props
Falcon24
lvl.1
Netherlands

Fishycomics Posted at 1-1 04:56
SOrry to hear you are having some difficulties trying to record longer than an Hour, non-stop, sorry the staff answered to a chaptering of file sizes and directed to  various cards. lets try to offer some help that   they did not understand, on the outdated Osmo Action camera, possible the staff was rushing their answer without reading (Wink DJI paledin).

Try this:

Thanks FISH for the detailed information. This is a bit technical for me, so I need the time to dive deeper into the instructions. Again many thanks, appreciate it realy much!
2023-1-2
Use props
Falcon24
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-12-31 03:26
We appreciate your response. You may try to use a recommended SD card for the DJI Osmo Action. You may refer to the image below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
[view_image]

Thanks for sharing the recommended SD cards.
2023-1-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

you're welcomed.
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Falcon24 Posted at 1-2 03:12
Thanks for sharing the recommended SD cards.

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules