Binding-Unbinding with new controller
806 6 2022-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BruceBob
lvl.1
United States

Just before Christmas, I bought a Mavic 3 Fly More Combo.  I activated it and binded the RC-N1 controller to the Mavic 3.  I soon learned that my Moto phone was not compatible with DJI Fly (even though it had updated the firmware and linked the drone and controller).  So I orderd a RC-Pro controller and received it today.

I have a question:

1) Do I need to "unbind" the RC-N1 controller from the Mavic 3 before activating the new RC-Pro?  If so, how do I do that? Is it somewhere in the DJI Fly software on the RC-N1?

Thanks

2022-12-29
Use props
BruceBob
lvl.1
United States

Some additional information - When I activated the Mavic 3 on Dec 21, I also purchased the Care Refresh 2 year package.  So I need to make sure that the new RC-Pro controller (and not the RC-N1) is linked to the Mavic 3 in my account, for the fly away coverage.  (I have had my drone since Dec 21 and have still not been able to fly it due to the phone incompatibility issue with the RC-N1.)
2022-12-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Here's the procedure to bind and unbind the controller on your DJI Fly app. Please follow the instructions below.

To unbind the remote controller, the network needs to be connected, and the remote controller and aircraft need to be connected. Then please refer to the below path to unbind the remote controller. The path is:
Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Unbind RC

To bind the remote controller, the network needs to be connected, and the remote controller and aircraft are connected. Then please refer to the below path to bind the remote controller. The path is:
Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Bind New Device.

Hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-29
Use props
BruceBob
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-29 19:28
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Here's the procedure to bind and unbind the controller on your DJI Fly app. Please follow the instructions below.

To unbind the remote controller, the network needs to be connected, and the remote controller and aircraft need to be connected. Then please refer to the below path to unbind the remote controller. The path is:

Thanks! When I unbind the RC-N1, it won't affect my Care Refresh coverage, will it?  There is a warning in DJI Fly when you unbind about losing Flyaway coverage.  I am assuming that when I then bind the new RC-Pro that it will take care of that.
2022-12-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BruceBob Posted at 12-29 19:56
Thanks! When I unbind the RC-N1, it won't affect my Care Refresh coverage, will it?  There is a warning in DJI Fly when you unbind about losing Flyaway coverage.  I am assuming that when I then bind the new RC-Pro that it will take care of that.

Hi, there. Please do not be concerned. The DJI Care Refresh services move with your aircraft and are registered under the SN. If you would like to change to your new DJI RC Pro, just unbind RC-N1 and rebind with DJI RC Pro. To make sure that your aircraft can use the flyaway replacement service, the DJI account needs to be bound with the aircraft, and the remote controller bound with the aircraft.
2022-12-30
Use props
BruceBob
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-30 02:59
Hi, there. Please do not be concerned. The DJI Care Refresh services move with your aircraft and are registered under the SN. If you would like to change to your new DJI RC Pro, just unbind RC-N1 and rebind with DJI RC Pro. To make sure that your aircraft can use the flyaway replacement service, the DJI account needs to be bound with the aircraft, and the remote controller bound with the aircraft.

Thank you!
2022-12-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

You are most welcome.
2022-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules