1467 17 2022-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9610797 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello everyone, I am very sorry about what is happening to me.
My flyaway case is this one: CAS-11498672-M9M0S1
Accident Description: I fly for several minutes in acro mode and after some minutes, when try come back to home point, drone crashed random without any warning. You can see the drone in the goggles flip backward and fall on the mud. have tried in all the way to recover it but there were muds everywhere and it was unable to recover it (also tried with turle mode and esc beeping).
I have open a data analysis and dji says i hit an obstacle; can you tell me where is the obstacle??
I put here all my proof (video of the last visual of the drone, screenshot, log and last record to show that the location is correct).

Ps: i have stopped the recording some seconds before the crash this is why i have only the last visual of the lost drone (i can't take the file from the goggles so i have to record it using a smartphone)

Wetransfer link: https://we.tl/t-ZaLxWOAqOw
Log on airdata: https://app.airdata.com/share/BRkwMc

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/pBL14U2PzlQ

2022-12-30
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The risk of catching something when flying so close to the ground is very high. But then the drone should actually tilt forward and not diagonally to the rear right. Maybe one of the propellers is broken? The log also points to an issue with the propeller.
2022-12-30
Use props
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

You can see clearly there isn't an obstacle. I was 1,7 meters from the ground. I think the propeller broke in flight
2022-12-30
Use props
pier_paulus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 993990 ft
Italy

I have seen your files. I think Dji Avata had a problem and it's definitely a factory defect. No obstacles are seen above all because you are in the open countryside. I'm surprised DJI doesn't replace your drone for free because Avata is known to have problems. In my opinion you had the failure of the propeller, a classic Avata problem also admitted by DJI itself!
2022-12-30
Use props
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

pier_paulus Posted at 12-30 09:27
I have seen your files. I think Dji Avata had a problem and it's definitely a factory defect. No obstacles are seen above all because you are in the open countryside. I'm surprised DJI doesn't replace your drone for free because Avata is known to have problems. In my opinion you had the failure of the propeller, a classic Avata problem also admitted by DJI itself!

I think the same!
2022-12-30
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

AlbertoMancini Posted at 12-30 09:15
You can see clearly there isn't an obstacle. I was 1,7 meters from the ground. I think the propeller broke in flight

Did you read my message properly?  ;-)
2022-12-30
Use props
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

Sorry for the loss of your Avata. Watching your video, I'm amazed by the high transfer rate: wile 500m away and 1m above the ground, you get 40+Mbps. This is truly amazing. I hardly get 5-7Mbps in similar conditions, being limited by the low CE power rules.
2022-12-30
Use props
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

JustName Posted at 12-30 10:27
Did you read my message properly?  ;-)

Yeah thanks for your help!
2022-12-30
Use props
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

celltx Posted at 12-30 12:15
Sorry for the loss of your Avata. Watching your video, I'm amazed by the high transfer rate: wile 500m away and 1m above the ground, you get 40+Mbps. This is truly amazing. I hardly get 5-7Mbps in similar conditions, being limited by the low CE power rules.

Yeah it's impressive i really like Avata signal!
2022-12-30
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

At 4:21 your flight log says Propeller Fell Off...that was the cause of your accident, no obstacle at all. Did you send the footage and Log to DJI?

DJI says, hit an obstacle?....sure, it hit the ground because the propeller disintegrated on flight
2022-12-30
Use props
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

HDPS Posted at 12-30 15:44
At 4:21 your flight log says  Propeller Fell Off...that was the cause of your accident, no obstacle at all. Did you send the footage and Log to DJI?

DJI says, hit an obstacle?....sure, it hit the ground because the propeller disintegrated on flight

Yeah man, dji says i hit an obstacle into data analysis this is why i'm a little bit sorry; that was drone failure.
2022-12-31
Use props
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Hello everyone. I received an email from Dji and they inform me that my data analysis has been reviewed and the unfortunate incident that occurred to my aircraft has been confirmed as a warranty case according to the additional information provided.

Thanks all guys and thanks to DJI!
2023-1-2
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's good news from DJI !  
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AlbertoMancini Posted at 1-2 04:59
Hello everyone. I received an email from Dji and they inform me that my data analysis has been reviewed and the unfortunate incident that occurred to my aircraft has been confirmed as a warranty case according to the additional information provided.

Thanks all guys and thanks to DJI!

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We're deeply sorry about the incident that you experience before with your DJI Avata. We're glad that you are now working with your new replacement drone. Should you have any inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us or you can feel free to post them here in DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.  
2023-3-4
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

good that with all evidence it was in end solved as it should - so warranty as there was NO pilot error
too bad You have to go over all this problems to get this solution :/
2023-3-5
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

The risk of catching something when flying so close to the ground is very high
2023-3-13
Use props
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

ro_walker Posted at 3-13 19:21
The risk of catching something when flying so close to the ground is very high

I haven't catched nothing and anyway i have also had the drone back from DJI.
2023-3-14
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

AlbertoMancini Posted at 3-14 14:43
I haven't catched nothing and anyway i have also had the drone back from DJI.

2023-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules